1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Lincoln City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by City Man, Mar 10, 2017.

1. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Tough one to call this.
    The most loathsome League club versus the most loathsome non League club.
    Look North have dropped their drawers for the Imps with their coverage tonight and are giving it the Big One. 9,000 Lincoln travelling down, biggest away following at the Emiroids, 53 coaches, Special train etc
    It would be genuinely amusing if the Imps get a result tomorrow, the legions of outraged 'Beautiful Game' types demanding Wenger be sacked will become deafening.
    But the Imps will always remain Lincolnshire spud pickers and the Cowley Bros will be given a deserved chance at somewhere like MK or Gillingham .

Hope both teams lose tbh.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Lincoln are going to get torn a new one.

bobby ace likes this.
  3. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

It really is beneath contempt that teams can come from elsewhere than Hull. Shouldn't be allowed.

4. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Agreed.

PLT likes this.
  5. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I'm sure that Arsane had got the boys properly prepared for this. It's all about professionalness. They'll be ok, don't you worry about that. They'll get the job done, I should cocoa. Obviously it's a ****ing travesty that The Arsenal have to met the likes of Lincoln Town but until FA Cup is reformed to not include non-professional sides this type of anomaly is going to crop up occasionally on rare occasions. One can only hope that Theo and Alex and Kieran manage to get through the game without picking up an injury, as lower league players can be a little rough and mistime tackles due to their enthusiasm and lack of finness. Hopefully the match official will give the proper players a bit of support when the challenges start flying in, or else brawn could defeat brain!

Also you need to think about the global appeal of the game. No one in China or the far East or Oman and Dubai will of ever heard of Lincoln Imps so the TV audience will be down compared to if the Gunners were drawn against either of the big Manchester clubs or the Liverpool teams or the other big London franchise.

In roster terms this game is not good for soccer! I honestly can't see the point of it. The sooner it's over the better. Let's hope we get to 4.45pm tomorrow and The Arsenal are easy victors with no injured players. It would be a travesty they have to face the last 10 games of the season a player short because of the thuggish behaviour of a lesser inferior team.

6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

7. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Is this real? **** Arsenal. **** Lincoln. ****s.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

I hate Arsenal the most out of any other club, the most loathsome League club, indeed. I also go to university in Lincoln. So...

Come on you, Gunners.

9. Barchullona

After our debacle against a non League club Terry Dolan complained it was unfair that clubs had to face clubs not in the league which could lead to managers losing their jobs if they lost. He thought there should be a Cup competition just for clubs in the football league. I think someone gently explained a chap from Hull called Hardaker had in fact started one some years before.

10. Barchullona

After our debacle against a non League club Terry Dolan complained it was unfair that clubs had to face clubs not in the league which could lead to managers losing their jobs if they lost. He thought there should be a Cup competition just for clubs in the football league. I think someone gently explained a chap from Hull called Hardaker had in fact started one some years before.

11. Barchullona

Had one of the best bacon butties I have ever had in Lincoln last year.

A lot of history has Lincoln. Was a large place long before Hull. One big claim to fame.

Sabretooth likes this.
  12. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Lincoln was only bigger because it has a hill. Folk like a big hill. Fact

Happy Tiger likes this.
  13. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

It's built on a Roman fortress that also happens to be ****ing uphill. Try doing a history-themed ghost walk in the pissing rain, going uphill, and you'll be eternally grateful that Hull was built as a Norse trading port on flat land.

I would argue that it was the third most important town/city in England from the 11th century until the early modern period, after London and York.

14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Newland Tiger likes this.
  15. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

The Cathedral still has one of the original copies of Magna Carta. It was a selling point for a lot of the nerds in the History society when I visited back in August 2015 and I was just like 'I just didn't have three As to get into York, m8, how's the night life?'

16. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Lincoln envy?

**** me.

How small minded and embarrassing.

You Imps.

17. Lincoln Tiger

Lincoln Tiger Well-Known Member

We had the FA Cup at the University yesterday. Nice...

p.s. One of my students asked to be excused from a tutorial so he and his mates could have their photo taken with it. I asked who they supported... "Arsenal" came the reply... "then no" said I

King Curtis, tigre, Benjo and 7 others like this.
  18. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

Should've taken it yourself and smuggled it back to 'Ull with the excuse 'Carzola's free kick wasn't a foul'.

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  19. Lincoln Tiger

Absolutely spot on

20. Lincoln Tiger

I hope Lincoln win tomorrow for lots of reasons but mostly because I feckin hate Arsenal.

TIGERSCAVE and Happy Tiger like this.