1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Palace

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Apr 7, 2017.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't want him as our manager as he's crap but on the pitch he was the man. We could desperately do with his leadership on the pitch now.

SpursDisciple likes this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That was your main problem tonight, the only Arsenal player on the pitch who gave out a bollocking or looked like he gave a **** was your 3rd choice keeper.
    Ozil is a total disgrace, a nice luxury player but spineless, Sanchez is playing on his own and I don't mean that in a good way. The rest of the team need a real leader/organiser on the field because there is nothing coming from the dugout.
    After seeing Wengers interview tonight I think he will either walk at the end of the season or have a massive clear out and start again. I suppose it depends on if he feels up to it.

Quilllogic likes this.
  3. lazarus20000

I don't understand why we payed £32m for him in the first place. I don't see why he was worth so much. Whoever scouted him needs to be shot. He has to be our worst signing under Wenger, considering how much he cost. The mind boggles.

4. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Some people take the p-- out of Sam but he knows how to organise his teams and tactically he leaves Wenger standing.

Sign Da Ting and Diego like this.
  5. Sign Da Ting

Sign Da Ting Well-Known Member

And this is why a lot of Arsenal posters just can't be arsed. It's been Groundhog Day for us for the past ten years now. What's the point in repeating ourselves?

straycat_67 and gooner4ever like this.
  6. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

Oh Dear.............. we're rightly fooked! cancel all there ****ing contracts and promote the Ladies! or even the tea ****in ladies!

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

That suit looks fantastic

Sign Da Ting and PINKIE like this.
  8. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

To be fair he could probably still get in your first team.

9. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Based on tonight's performance, what will keeping Wenger achieve? It looks like the players have lost faith in him now. If he stays and next season you end up 10, how will that help you attract the quality of player you will need moving forward?
    Everything comes to an end, I can't believe Arsenal don't know this and have some kind of succession plan.

Sign Da Ting, PINKIE and BrunelGooner like this.
  10. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I've stopped commenting on here for a while now (apart from submitting predictions) because I just don't see the point in regurgitating the same things I've been saying all season every other week.

Despite all the money we have and the calibre of players in our team, we are somehow playing worse than when we had the likes of Djourou, Denilson, Bendtner and Gervinho to name but a few. I legitimately cannot remember a period where we have looked so hopeless and feeble. I can't see where our next win is going to come from, either.

We have got some personnel problems and there is still an issue with the balance of the team that hasn't been addressed properly (which the manager absolutely needs criticism for), but these problems are starting to run deeper than before.

It's not even just tactical flaws anymore, he genuinely has no ability to gear these players up for a game. No-one seems to be willing to fight for the manager and no-one seems concerned that his neck is on the line. Ultimately, as soon as you lose the dressing room, your time is up.

Anyone saying he should stay for another year has to ask themselves one question. Do they really think things will marginally improve if he stays on? Because if the players aren't playing for him now, I don't see how this trend will change if he stays on. There is no trust in his managerial ability to guide them forward at all. I don't see who benefits from him staying on.

It's been hard to witness, but we all knew this moment was going to come at some point. His time is finished.

Sign Da Ting and lazarus20000 like this.

11. lazarus20000

I find myself posting exactly the same thing but in a slightly different way. The only difference is that it's become even more blatant now. Also where are the pro Wenger supporters? At least acknowledge you've been wrong all this time instead of disappearing. But it's these very same people that have kept this guy in the job for past his best before and create the Arsenal we see today.

What exactly were people expecting Wenger to do? The man doesn't do different, he's too arrogant to accept he's wrong and change.

Yesterday's game wasn't a one off this season and next season we will see more of the same, especially when Sanchez and Ozil go. Unfortunately lasting damage has been done by the current regime and anything after this will only make the next managers job a whole lot tougher.

Wenger should have gone after 2010/2011 but we are looking at 2018/19 now. This is the kind of thing that seriously damages clubs and makes it so hard to recover.

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE THAT MUCH POWER.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I have been a Wenger supporter and I have defended him when people have been calling for his head. I stand by that support that I gave him at the time too. However, now it is apparent that his time is over, he simply does not have what it takes anymore to enable Arsenal to challenge for the title.

I don't think the club should get rid of him until we have a proper successor in place, because I do not want to end up with Steve Bould in charge whilst we wait to find the right man, and it's clear that the club have done **** all to line up a replacement.

13. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

It's actually very sad to see such a great manager and a man of high intelligence not able to see that's it's time to move over. By his own standards he has been coasting for a number of seasons although obviously not in his mindset.
    One of the most innovative managers in PL history is now struggling to compete at mid table level.

Sign Da Ting and PINKIE like this.
  14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Wenger has become yesterdays man, the game has moved on and he hasn't.

Palace were superb last night, but that was largely down to their passion, desire and organisation, those 3 elements were completely missing from Arsenal, and that sums them up this season, and probably the last few in fairness.

Wenger is an Arsenal legend and it'd be a shame to see his era end in an unseemly manner, but they need to rip that contract up and bring his tenure to a close. He's lost the fanbase and I think he's lost at least some of the dressing room, there's no coming back from that.

PINKIE likes this.
  15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This <ok>

He'll always be an Arsenal legend, but all good things come to an end. And the end is now overdue for Wenger.

16. lazarus20000

But where do you draw the line of supporting the manager at the determent of the club? Wenger took the club forward in the first half of his career but backwards in the second half. Had it not been for all sentiment by the fans he should have gone 4 or 5 years ago. But that sentiment has caused long term damage to the club which will take some major reversing, i'd say at least 3 to 4 years.

There are systemic problems with the club due to one man having so much unquestioned power and control.

Sign Da Ting and Quilllogic like this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I disagree that sentiment has damaged the club. 4-5 years ago people were calling for Owen coyle and roberto martinez to be our manager.

Wenger time is up, that is clearly evident now. This isn't a time for fans to blame other fans for our troubles, those lie with the manager, the players and the board.

18. lazarus20000

[QUOTE="PISKIE, post: 10419876, member: 1000255"]I disagree that sentiment has damaged the club. 4-5 years ago people were calling for Owen coyle and roberto martinez to be our manager.

Wenger time is up, that is clearly evident now. This isn't a time for fans to blame other fans for our troubles, those lie with the manager, the players and the board.[/QUOTE]

Maybe some desperate people were asking for those guys but the majority certainly weren't. And Wenger was done then but he was fortunate to be in a lesser competitive league which covered his short comings. Nothing has changed apart from other teams getting better.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep Wenger has failed to keep up with the changes in the game. He's relied on his own players being better than the opposition, without taking the opposition into account. That might have worked pre 2005, but gradually teams have been getting better and Wenger has not addressed it tactically

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

When you were technically far better than virtually every side in the division he could largely get away with just sending them out to play the 'Wenger way' as you had a level of quality that was far too much for most opponents.

These days the quality gap has significantly closed, and you're not just losing games to sides who 'park the bus', kick you off the park and sneak a set piece goal. You're losing games to sides who out think you, out muscle you and at times out play you. That side is also as brittle as toffee and lacks leadership