1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ash & Bullard _ Glad they have gone

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by tjs120959, Jan 30, 2011.

1. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Yes, but I'm probably being generous.

If you're going to disagree with me it'd only be fair for you to name the matches in which you think we've played well. Instead of calling me an attention seeker, which is ironic considering your post contained no substance and was just posted to get a reaction from me.

2. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Ok I will agree with you and say we've only had one good performance this season. Then there can be two idiots on this board, not just one.

3. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

Fair enough, i'd forgotten that game, i couldn't disagree more with the "only good performance this season" bit, Swansea, Sheff Utd (away), Bristol City, Barnsley and both the Reading performances were all as good if not better, Bullard played little or no part in most of them (and i've already given him credit for his winner at the blunts, though the performance was good before he came on).

As long as we're picking up points and have other players in the middle that put a shift in, i'd rather see Bullard elsewhere, even if it means paying most of his wages.
    Harper is an interesting one though, i'd like to see an Evans & Koren/Belaid partnership given a go, though i doubt NP sees it that way.

4. bluestrader123

bluestrader123 New Member

How the hell can anbody be glad Ash is going,beggers belief<grr>
    Leadership,110% & a better defensive midfielder than Harper who do we have that's any better in the squad in that role?
    I'm not saying it's the end of world or anything but i cannot treat it as good news.

5. MingofHarlem

MingofHarlem Active Member

The problem Dean and TWF is that JB came to this club with a latent defect that most if not everybody in the 'know' knew about. In a parallel universe JB might be the best player in the NPC but... newsflash, not in this particular universe. And ftr I am not jealous nor am I a fork lift driver or frozen fish packer.

6. dem_on

dem_on Member

Nick Barmby has been and still is a better footballer than Jimmy Bullard . JB had lots of potential but the records show he never achieved at the highest level.His performances for the Tigers have just about been on a par with those of Bernard Mendy. Both (along with several other sick notes) were an attempt by Brownie to emulate Big Sam's formula for retaining Premiership football. His attempt failed dismally as he had no idea of man management and his ego was too great. Jimmy Bullard is a mercenary under achiever who had perhaps one good spell in a weak Fulham team and thus he stood out as something special very similar to Michael Turner in the Tigers premiership team .Turner was touted as England material just as Bullard was but neither have or had the real quality to win or hold a place in a top team.

7. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

Thats not quite fair on Turner is it Dem. Turner is/was a first team regular at Sunderland until he injured his knee. As soon as it fully recovers he will be there key CB

8. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

Sorry, I can't be glad Ash has gone, I'm gutted!!

9. 168milestohull

168milestohull New Member

There's definitely a new broom at work at City these days. Bit harsh on Ash maybe, but we all know what happens if your face no longer fits.

10. dem_on

dem_on Member

City City being a first team regular for Sunderland doesn't mean you are anything special or of international class .I appreciated Turner for his all out efforts in a Tigers shirt but still saw him as a slow lumbering centreback who needed to make desperate lunges to make up for his deficiencies in speed and positioning. Sorry if you don't agree but that's life .

11. whatelsebutatiger

whatelsebutatiger New Member

Was dissapointed that they have gone, but a great performance with a win thrown in and I couldn't give a *0ss... Fickle I know but thats football