1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ashbee's gone

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by mauledbythetigers, Jan 31, 2011.

1. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

im appalled its on a free, its not like he had 18 months left and we had to get rid,

2. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Seems like he's been at the club for ever, will be missed a lot. Good Luck Ash.

3. Ehab's Member

Ehab's Member Well-Known Member

You're joking, right? After Brown and co played roulette with the club's future? Polite applause then the KC should revert to being a cauldron of hate.

4. Elliott's Cartwheel

Good luck Ash. Certainly miss his leadership, need someone to step up into this role (preferably not in the mold of junior lewis).

5. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

I'd say more to do with the y'know... getting the club to the Premiership part of Brown's reign... y'know... for the first time in the club's history? It may have passed you by, I don't remember a big song and dance being made about it.

I hope when the PNE game comes both get the respect they deserve and the City fans don't act like a bunch of bitter bastards as they inevitably will.

6. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

He stormed out after Bullard left? is that true?
    This is from the man who has previously punched team mates who have not given there all for the club?

Very strange goings on.

7. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

Clearly he sees more than we do of what's going on.

I've told you, we have a clique at the top of the club that's incredibly bad for us.

8. ToxicPond

ToxicPond Member

As if we were going to get a fee for a player NP had said was not going to be offered a new contract. You can't blame Ash for handing in a transfer request when the window closes today can you? Good luck to him I say and I for one will be applauding both Ashbee and Browny when Preston visit us at the KC. Hope we get Jonathon Greening in as reported on SSN, he would be a very good addition to our squad, But we also need more cover at the back too!

9. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

What you see as a Clique I say we have a very wise group who are commited to weeding out the bad eggs left over from the Duffen regime.
    I do wonder what has happend to Ash though, if half the rumours ive heard about him lately are true then something really has changed with the man who used to bleed Hull city.

O and TWF sorry for giving you such a hard time last week, will try to keep it to friendly banter from now on ;)

10. Everhopefull

Everhopefull Member

11. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

They're not just weeding out the bad eggs though, they're weeding out all eggs (for which some may contain very healthy chickens) and replacing them with some sort of vegan replacement for eggs made out of soya or something. Nobody wants soya eggs, just get real eggs.

I think it's obvious what's happened with Ash, he feels alienated by what's going on at the club, and he's not the only one. He's seen a great manager unceremoniously dumped, and then he's seen our best player shipped out to a divisional rival for no real reason. Added to the fact that the club now seems to be happy to settle for midtable mediocrity, that wasn't the Hull City he joined, he joined a club looking for success and never settling for a "safe" position, it must be difficult to now be playing for the same club when it's completely devoid of any real ambition.

12. karlberg

karlberg New Member

Us? Ashbee was overweight and struggling with his fitness. He's 34, not 24. Great servant to the club, and the club have served him well. He drives a Bentley, is a millionaire (or should be) and captained the club throughout the football leagues.
    Not bad for a free transfer from Cambridge.
    Now lets move on eh?

13. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

The club isn't moving on though, it's going to be midtable Championship for the forseeable future.

Who cares how much he's earnt? It's the contribution on the pitch that matters and right now we've got no midfielders as good as him.

14. premiertiger

premiertiger Member

Let's see who, if anyone we get to replace him first. Greening is a way better player than Ash.

Ash has been great for the club and is still good for this division, but he is way over paid at 20k a week and demanding a new contract now rather than wait until the end of the season like all those others out of contract, show he isn't as in to the club as some make him out to be.

15. x

x Well-Known Member

i like you. your posts give me somthing to think about. i read that we have only lost once in 13 games and in the last 18 we have only got one point less than qpr and that we are getting nearly 2 points a game from our last somthing games and that if we carry on getting nearly 2 a game we will get 72 points and thats sometimes enouhh for playoffs and its only the rubbush start to the season that would stop us not getting ebnough points so that doesnt seem like settling to me. more please! my brain needs somthing to chew over.

16. PhilW

PhilW New Member

So what will Ashbee bring to my club? It seems he is very well regarded by Hull fans?

17. Ehab's Member

Ehab's Member Well-Known Member

Respect yes, crawling so far up their arses you can't see straight is another.

Is CI fixed yet?

18. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

Thats the wrong argument TWF while we may very well miss his leadership he is and always has been a very limited Footballer, And now with his age and injuries his main attributes (his work rate and stamina are not anywhere near what they once was) his passing is still terrible and offers nothing going forward but obviously thats not his role, he is making more fouls as he is too slow to tackle.
    as I say his leadership maybe hard to replace, but as a player he is very replaceable.

19. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

He's exactly the type of player you need. Someone that will come in, pick you up and drag you out of the relegation zone kicking and screaming. Inspirational leader, will go down as the greatest captain in Hull City history.

20. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

I wouldn't know I've never been on it.
    His leadership is part of what makes him a great footballer, without that leadership at the start of the season we were clueless. There's nobody to replace him as captain or in the centre of midfield, Harper is undoubtedly ****e and we haven't seen enough of Evans to credibly say he's good enough or not.

Our very slim chances of reaching the play-offs have gone this week, I can't think how this transfer window could have gone any worse.