1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Away Fans Allocation

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Supcon72, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Just come across this link http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160725/ticket-alert-bristol-city-away-on-sale_2281670_5754191

If we are to get anywhere near sell outs in the revamped stadium, surely we have to give clubs like Newcastle more than 2,500 tickets?

We are then banking on over 23,000 home fans for this game, that seems a stretch too far given our attendance records in pretty much my whole life time (i'm 44).
    Whya re we not giving them 4-5000? is it because of home fans in the Ateyo stand?

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I would assume so.

As I put on another thread, it would have been more sensible to give the whole Atyeo to away fans. Granted that few teams in this league will fill it, but in terms of policing/stewarding, you would have thought it was the sensible option.

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

City clearly are not thinking of revinue here,they have missed a trick,they should have given the whole away end to away fans,used the rest of the ground for home fans.Then if demand was there,and the away fans do not fill the ateyo,then allocate seats in there to home fans.
    Thus making the most income possible.
    The idea of 27000 seats was to take full advantage and make the most income.
    There would be at least 50% of teams in the championship that would bring 2000 plus fans.

4. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

City are adhering to football league rules. If they increase the % of away fans they also have to provide extra police and stewards as dictated by local BCC safety advisory group and police..

5. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

There are home season ticket holders in the Atyeo, so they couldn't give the whole of the away end.- Only 2 blocks I know but waste a few seats etc for segregation and 2,500 would be about the limit. Upper West end not yet available so this size game has come a bit too soon for us.

6. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

As you say, we have sold season tickets in the Atyeo so the away fans can't have it all. There is also a little touch of (unintentional) payback here.

If I remember correctly, we were limited to something like 2,000 at Newcastle despite several pleas for more tickets which fell on deaf ears as we could have taken probably double and maybe treble that number and they weren't getting anything like full houses back then.

I don't remember exactly, but think it was blamed on something to do with the layout of the ground and the "singing section"...?

7. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Good point- I couldn't get to that game as it had sold out- I did tour their ground when I did the Great North run and the away fans are deliberately stuck up in a corner and considering the size of the ground, quite limited in numbers

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Went up there last time stayed over at the Hilton that weekend,cracking weekend,the toon fans said we were the loudest to go there that year.

9. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

But if they are filling it for some home games i.e potentially the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Derby, Brighton etc the revenue generated from ticket sales and programmes/food/drink should more than cover Policing and Stewards costs and then some ?

10. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

And potentially teams in that list won't ecause season after season they have not. A cat A has a very large policing and stewarding cost.

The Atyeo is for home and away fans and bristol City will be adhering to % away ticket rules.