1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Back in for Dack

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by NickH, Apr 29, 2016.

1. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

He can go to Palace without moving house, and he has already turned us down once.

Possible replacement for Bolasie though?? that could be good news for us, 20% sell on

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

He's already rejected us once. I wouldn't want us to go back and beg for his signature again.

There are plenty more players around.

4. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I don't hold that against him - back in January we were deep in the relegation mix and he could be forgiven for wanting to see how things panned out before committing to a long-term contract.

Again, I do think it's unlikely we'll get him anyway and we will still suffer from being perceived as a comparatively small club at this level, but I don't think we should take things like this too personally. Using Zach Clough as an example, if the roles were reversed, we'd be singing the praises of one of our own showing loyalty.

Premiershiporbust IV likes this.
  5. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I do keep my fingers crossed on this - maybe his injury record and less than stellar goal return is putting a club like Tottenham off putting in a bid, but on his day he's been special. Hopefully someone will take the plunge and spend £15m on him and we can put our share towards a marquee signing of our own.

6. banksyisourhero

I find this a bit strange about our fans.. Both Dack and Clough could be considered as requiring 'bulking up' a suggestion levelled many times this season at Bobby Reid, considering his storming finish to the season, perhaps we already have the same thing here? Neither proven at Championship level but our fans are creaming over us buying them. Perhaps Bobby is finally ready for a run and we might get to see some great form and a return on our investment.. its called development! JS56061158.jpg 150207-gills-sheff-utd-14.jpg

7. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement that sometimes too much emphasis is put on size - I think there are plenty of successful diminutive players out there that prove it's not a necessity.

I can't say I'm overly familiar with the week in, week out performances of players like Dack, but winning player of the year in League One is impressive - last year's winner (Dele Alli) has done alright for himself. :)

PS. Clough looks as though he'd gain some extra pace if he got his ears pinned back - the wind resistance must be immense!

CORRECTION: Alli was only runner up! Winner was Joe Garner.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I didn't know Dack turned us down, I thought it was Gillingham who refused to sell.

9. banksyisourhero

It wasn't quite as cut and dried as I thought either.. Dack when interviewed..

“We all want to get that promotion. We are all committed to the club and now we have to push on. Every point matters.

“I have been here since I was 14. It would have been a big decision to make but it wasn’t one I ever got to consider. Nothing came of it.

“I am committed to this club and happy to stay until the end of the season and on if it transpires.”

City made numerous attempts to lure Dack but the player admits the timing wasn’t right.

He said: “It is a big up and coming club but there was just a little bit of doubt, where they didn’t have a (permanent) manager and they are fighting a relegation battle.

“They have added some top players to their team and I think they will get out of trouble but there was just a bit too much doubt for me.

10. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

I reckon £2 million we'll sign him for

Replacement for wade Elliot

11. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

This all sounds very familiar. City identify target in a sellers market. Along comes another club with more money and pinches them. Lets hope they get their men...but don't hold your breath.

12. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

He'll definitely be leaving Gillingham in the summer I sense

13. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Yes agree he will be leaving the gills,i reckon he will be signing for us.
    Big jump up from league one though.
    Can he hack it,fingers crossed.

14. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

couldn't agree more, and I thought all the arguments about "bulking out" had been dealt with in previous threads.... I guess some do not either remember or read all

15. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I think Tomlin could do with bulking out........... ;)

RedorDead and banksyisourhero like this.