1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Bad form if true

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Apparently Rafa set the deal up for Charnley to then offer less.

Ffs.

3. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Do we really, honestly want to spend £10m on a loan?

Surely there must be other options we could spend that on for a permanent signing - especially as it'll undoubtedly have other conditions attached.

We walked away from Abraham for the same reasons - don't see why this should be different. Especially as I see Abraham as a far better prospect

4. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Would have been a transfer not a loan but I keep hearing Liverpool want a Buy Back Clause which is another stumbling block. Still £10m is a good price for the lad (although I agree we should be looking at proven talent a la Townsend) and if the buy back clause is going to leave us with a decent profit on him after a year or two I'd just pay the money. Easier said then done when you have a Chimp running the finances though.

5. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Well, according to Liverpool fans he has serious potential to become a very good attacking player. They don't seem to think selling, even for the quoted £10million, would be a good deal for them.

If this story has any truth then I imagine our offer was lowered once we had secured Murphy as both fill similar positions.

6. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seems like the transfer business is getting more and more complicated.
    Staggered payments, performance-based add-ons and buy-back clauses must mean the contracts and accounting side require teams of lawyers.
    It was much simpler when all you had to do was pay the agent and slip the manager a bung.

GeordieHalfbreed and RobEllious like this.
  7. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Ah - fair enough, if a fee, then not a bad price, but most of what I'd seen relating to him was in relation to a loan

8. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

I think Townsend's good form at the end to the season scuppered that, palace will be valuing him at something silly I reckon, plus his wages to Ojo's will be a big jump

Anyways Charnleys done right if it was 10m for a ****ing loan (laughable) or even if transfer with a buy back inserted. We're not some ****ing Muppets playing feeder team to the elite, I'd rather plunder 10m on a signing with no attachments.
    Face it lads it's guna be a hard summer and season but for once I think we're doing it right not being held ransom. I'd rather let everyone spunk their money allover the walls and then put in a few cheeky bids on players, that in turn need shifting, rather than be mugged off to the extent we would with **** like this and the Abraham situation.

G4rdToonArmy and Maximin Effort like this.
  9. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Maybe because a buy back clause pretty much makes it a loan. If he does well you get nowhere near the value he became in your team, if he's **** the bill's all yours

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Charnley is starting to worry me.

11. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

TBH I can't see what he's done to be valued at £10M. Happy to give that a miss