1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barnet settle Martin Allen compensation with Notts County

Discussion in 'Barnet' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Barnet have agreed a compensation package with Notts County over former manager Martin Allen.

Allen started a second stint at Underhill last season, but was just three games into his non-contract role when he left to take up the Notts County position in April following Paul Ince's sacking.

Barnet were not happy and a legal case seemed likely before the compensation deal was struck.

Bees chairman Tony Kleanthous said: "I am pleased that we were able to resolve things amicably with Notts County without the need to have charges brought by the footballing authorities.

"Barnet have accepted Notts County's explanation that they made an error by directly approaching Martin Allen in the first instance. The matter is now behind us and we look forward to the season ahead."

Notts chief executive Jim Rodwell added: "We have maintained dialogue with Barnet ever since (the appointment). I am now happy to say that we have reached an agreement that is acceptable to both clubs. I would like to thank Barnet for their co-operation and wish them well for the season ahead."