1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bart / Sales

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

So Mick's come up on TWTD saying to get more in, we may need to sell to get more in.

The name that springs to mind who would fetch a reasonable fee - and I think will be the one large ish summer sale for this year * Murphy last year, Mings in previous will be Mr Bart.

How much do you think he'd go for? I honestly don't think he's worth this, but with his age and the silly £££ being spent / how important he is to us I feel we could command £5 / £6 mill. With that Sunderland keeper going to Everton for almost £30 mill that will help us no ends command a decent fee.

Other sale-able assets?

Webster before injury was supposedly subject to a very insulting £4 mill offer. If he plays how he did before he could certainly make a Premier League defender and in this current market - we would need to be offered a lot more. Injury has certainly curtailed that thank christ. He is absolutely pivotal to an outside chance at present of us having a good season.

Dozzell. A lot said about this lad - supposedly has immense promise. Only 18 and with Douglas / Coke / Diagara and Bru all not around next season could really have a Teddy Bishop 14/15 breakthrough season. Should certainly feature more. However, if we were offered a ridiculous offer right now for a player I honestly don't know how he'll pan out - should we take it? No idea what the fee would be but with him being 18, English and highly rated it would be a stupid amount more. Liverpool were ( paper talk ) linked with a £9 mill bid before.

McGoldrick. Ah Mr Injury - a good player when fully fit however how often is this? Anything north of £2 mill would have to be considered.

I don't see anyone else that we could sell for a decent sum even if we wanted. Thoughts?

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

It's all smoke and mirrors coming from the club as usual. Great play has been made of the two fees we have paid so far but this will only conceal the fact that Evans won't be shelling out much money for the new season. We should be adding quality not selling players to replace them with mediocre ones! If the club sells Bart or anyone else for that matter then it will be the straw that breaks the camels back! We need a minimum of 5 QUALITY players to stand a chance if being competitive in this league. I notice that we have sold a highly rated young lad to Celtic who had shown great potential while he was at loan to Aldershot last season! I have yet to be enthused by the signings we have made so far and I won't be holding my breath in terms if the club bringing in anyone of proven quality this Summer. It's all rather dull and depressing.

3. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

All the transfer dealings this year pivots around MM in my opinion

If we assume (hopefully) that this is indeed Micks last season I kinda understand if ME is a bit reluctant to shell the cash knowing that he will have to reinvest even more money on a new manager new backroom staff as well as a sizeable transfer kitty at the end of this season

So like JWM I'm not holding my breath and not feeling one iota of optimism or excitement for the upcoming season
    The most we can hope for is survival and Mick to leave. Then and only then can we plan for the future

Any sales at this moment in time could be disastrous and I think we could be in for a rough ride

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

As the sales of Cresswell and Mings show,however much we get for our best player it won't be reinvested in replacements so I find it difficult to care too much.

5. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Looks like we're about to sign Adeyemi also. Think it would be a good signing however I am concerned about the competition for places in an area of the team where we have a lot of promising youngsters coming through.

I just wished we got rid of Skuse, then bar perhaps another CB and striker I think our squad look pretty decent.

I've actually been impressed with Micks transfer business the past couple of years, it's the rest of his work that has been a problem... particularly not giving youngsters a chance and developing a positive progressive team.