1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal (UCL Round of 16) 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Feb 15, 2017.

1. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

I can see Arsen leaving you with no European football and Ozil and Sanchez gone, think Arsenal should sack him now

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Not come to take the piss.
    We did badly in Europe due to inexperience and not being good enough in my opinion but our players looked like they were trying.
    Apart from Sanchez your players looked like they couldn't be ****ed

Sign Da Ting, Quilllogic and TheBear like this.
  3. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

Arsenal don't deserve Sanchez, he will be gone in the summer. He's an amazing player surrounded by very average LAZY players. It's ok to lose but to look like you don't give a **** and lose is terrible. Another English club out of the champions league. It's getting embarrassing now.

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Only for 45 mins. After the first half we were well and truly in the game.

Should have come out been disciplined, organised and hit them with pace of the counter. Instead we were lacklustre our play was constantly breaking down and we were giving the ball away whenever in a position to attack.

5. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

What has happened to our possession nowadays? Having 26% possession is terrible. We used to be so good in that department but even this is regressing...

6. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Bad show tonight. Even worse timing on the back of all the recent bashing from the papers.

It feels like you desparatly need someone spending more time on planning how to beat sides tactically. You can't out pass everyone. Ozil needs the team to understand how to help make the space for him to pull the strings. These players are great if the rest of the side is collectively up to the job but in the current situation you are better off with a worker type as he's gone completely missing.

If Welbeck is fit I'd deffo play him more.

7. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. The real reason Arsene Wenger is still Arsenal manager is due to his ego. Many could make the case and say 8 million quid a year is a pretty good reason too, but what for? he already has close to 100m in his bank account, and does one REALLY need more money at that point? especially when over age 65?

Arsene Wenger has fallen victim to the one weakness that can take down even the mightiest - hubris. His own pride and ego of wanting to win the premiership again, wanting to prove to everyone that his way works, wanting to prove that he is not past it, is the real reason he is still in charge. He simply did not see winning 2 FA cups as 'going out on top' - and this greed and exploded ego has cost him.

8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Groundhog day/month. Scroll through to the threads at the same point of the season the last five seasons before this and you see the same moans and grumbles.

2016 - P9 (http://www.not606.com/forums/arsenal.11/page-09)
    2015 - P24 (http://www.not606.com/forums/arsenal.11/page-24)
    2014 - P49 (http://www.not606.com/forums/arsenal.11/page-49)
    2013 - P80 (http://www.not606.com/forums/arsenal.11/page-80)
    2012 - P162 (http://www.not606.com/forums/arsenal.11/page-162)

What's also apparent is how this Arsenal forum is dying a slow death. 8 pages of threads in the last year? 15 the year before that. 25 the year before that. 31 the year before that. 82 the year before that.

Wenger is eroding our club directly pretty much as consistently as he is eroding the fans faith in discussing the club.

None of this "he's stubborn" nonsense. He's not stubborn tactically... he's just massively out of his depth and not very good at managing a team in this era.

But whatevs... I'm sure there's very few who could achieve what he does and we need to be careful what we wish for.:headbang:

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  9. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I think the erosion of your forum is more down to the recent revelation that half of the arsenal board was actually HIAG <laugh>

10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I missed almost all of that stuff... Is that genuinely right then that loads of them were HIAG? Or was just a pi55take?

11. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I missed most of it too tbh. I try to avoid straying onto the General Chat forum but from what I gathered on the Spurs board, there was a huge controversy when it was revealed that he was in fact 'Arsenal 87', with suggestions flying around that he maintained shadow accounts on multiple teams' boards.

I'm just sat here patiently waiting for the revelation that PISKIE and HIAG are actually the same person, who has managed to drag dozens if not hundreds of people from all walks of life and every corner of the globe into a 3-year long online handbag fight. That would be a wum worthy of Nigel Farage himself.

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

But was he actually A87?

13. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

swop wenger for trump while you've got a chance!

14. TheBear

Also what the ****is going on with Coquelin?
    He's been on a terrible run of form for weeks/months and hasn't been dropped. Now I know we've been short of midfielders lately but based on performances alone Wenger should have dropped him. Elneny and Xhaka would have served us better.

Coquelin made 6 passes and 0 tackles in 77 minutes. Wenger felt he was the right choice for this game though.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The old Arsenal has gone it has slowly died behind the facade that is presented as a modern football club. You have a beautiful new stadium, you get thrown the bone of a new superstar now and then to placate the fans and keep them quiet. You have a healthy bank balance that is topped up by CL qualification, which is the ultimate aim of your owners. You have a group of players who get to live in the capital and enjoy their millions, players who are brainwashed into thinking that this is enough.

I remember the dirty angry Arsenal of days gone by 1-0 to the Arsenal not a header or tackle won easily, the shirt was played for and something to be proud of. You've become a dead shell of what football is or at least should be for fans.

Sign Da Ting and Quilllogic like this.
  16. lazarus20000

Hasn't this happened to a lot of other teams as well? A bunch of millionaires playing for a paycheck to get a bunch of suckers to pay for it and think they give a sh1t?

This is the disease that is modern football.

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yes it does affect all clubs or at least those at the top end. Unfortunately you lot are the pinnacle of this. Fans need to walk out in protest it's the only tool we have left.

18. lazarus20000

The problem is trying to get enough proper die hard fans together to start protesting. I don't think these types are around much nowadays, especially from the more affluent London areas.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I was surprised we did the walk out at Anfield but also glad that it happened, I don't think it's beyond any club. Maybe if those mugs from Arsenal FansTV did something more worthwhile than making a tit of their own fans it could lead to something.

20. TheBear

I really dont buy into that argument.

Just look at Bayern. By FAR the biggest club in German, players getting paid far more than they can at any other German Club yet their workrate and commitment is exceptional.

Look at United. Back when Fergie was in charge he would always get 100% from his players.

The issue here is Wenger does'nt punish poor or lacklustre performances. Players rarely get dropped when they are not performing. He does'nt demand enough from his players.

Sign Da Ting and Quilllogic like this.