1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Beckham reportedly said !

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swantastic, Feb 4, 2017.

1. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

That he either gets a knighthood or those that decide who gets one can **** off !
    Also slagged off other recipients calling them flowers !

Does he have a point ?
    Will he ever get one now whether false news or not ?
    Does he and others of his ilk and so called celebs deserve one ?

Yes
    No
    No
    ?

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I have always been against Actors and Sportsmen/women getting Knighthoods. Why ? They get well rewarded for what they do...imo

3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I agree Dai, I wonder what Beckham has really done to deserve a Knighthood, maybe earning millions for playing football is a reason..

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I've never been sucked into brand Beckham and all the things they've done - they've been publicly chasing after the knighthood for the past 10 years.
    They, imo pathetically crave the limelight.

5. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if David Beckham has said that, but knighthoods mean nothing to me anyway unless you're saving lives. Not much else I can think of deserves one.

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

The Beckhams have been cultivating their "brand" for years.

I remember taking the family to Toronto many years ago (August 2006 I think) and was staggered to see a picture of him on a street corner advertising billboard, opposite Toronto's most prestigious store....

I think he was still with Real Madrid at that time.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  7. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

This is the article - just read it myself.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2780648/david-beckham-emails-unicef-charity-knighthood/

Interesting that his agent said the emails were stolen / hacked - doesn't say they are fakes or made up.....

8. swantastic

When the likes of saville, mwgabe, Harris and other scum get them and reluctantly until last second when exposed get stripped of them, then they are no longer worth the box they come in ! It needs to be taken back to a rare honour that they used to be for a life time of doing good for many Brits not just for being a jester entertainer in sport and TV luvies club ! Politicains are the worst. Andy Murray is in his 20's ffs they all made a fortune and milked what they did / do for personal gain and ego mostly. while real deserving heroes mostly don't make a fortune or blow their own trumpet from their long service and commitment to helping our people !
    Nighthoods these days . **** em !

9. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Two things here, Beckham & the honours system.

Personally, I think Beckham is a decent guy who was an excellent all round footballer (probably the most accurate crosser of the ball I've ever seen) and he's maximised his looks more than his ability. Ginola was the same but he doesn't get the brickbats. He has also put a lot of his money back into the game through training youngsters, etc. Good luck to him. Not so keen on his missus, but hey ho.

The honours system should be abolished as should the House of Lords. It harks back to a time of them and us, of lords and serfs, of betters and peasants. Mrs Cameron's hairdresser gets a knighthood whilst my mate's wife who works all the hours god sends for no pay raising funds for the Autistic Society gets **** all.

I rest my case. :)

10. trundles left foot

I think that's where we all agree. I just think it should be given to people who are selfless and do things to improve the country and community and not try and make a fortune out of doing it. Personally I agree with you it is time for it to be abolished as we all know it is used as favours.

11. swantastic

Liz could do a lot of good with that sword sorting the chancers from the deserving ! :emoticon-0130-devil

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  12. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Anyone who says such things ( if it's true ) , should have their consideration dismissed IMO .

13. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

First printed in the daily fail. When they went none of the alleged emails can be corroborated and even unicef state the ones relating to them are untrue. Jonathon Ross also states the one relating to his show is crap.
    Hate these kind of stories. So called leaks and even when some of it is proven unfounded they still run the whole story. There are just no morals and ethics in the world today. People just wanting to tear other people down. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Beckham fan but neither do I deny him his success. **** sake the guy does loads for charity, more than the very twats that want to wreck his reputation. There's a **** load of mega rich people out there that just look out for themselves and don't give back to Slag off.

Stumpy, swantastic and seabreeze like this.
  14. trundles left foot

I am not sure it is a Beckham thing Bap, just the whole system of giving out gongs to each and every one who has done nothing other than their job and been paid mega bucks for it. Woodward got one when England won the WC Why? would it have gone to a Scottish or Welsh coach had they won it I doubt it very much, it is an absolute joke.

swantastic and seabreeze like this.
  15. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

I was aiming most of my comments at the charity / unicef part of the article but I agree about gongs for sporting achievements.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  16. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

"Reportedly said". Did he actually say it??

seabreeze likes this.
  17. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Therefore, I'd expect a story in a major rival newspaper soon showing that Beckham has sued the paper?

18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Well, if it's from his personal email, he probably typed it <whistle>

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Not a chance in hell.

The Andy Murray one is a joke. World number 1 for a few weeks, yes, 3 grand slams and a knighthood?

If that's the case where's the knighthoods for Giggs (who I believe has also done a ton of charity work over the past 10-15 years), Calzaghe, Lennox Lewis and Hatton, all recognised undisputed world champions in their respective weight divisions etc? All of who have achieved more than Murray ever will?

The honours system is nothing more than a political tool for the establishment.

20. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

He will not get a knighthood now, that's for sure, shame as 'Lady Posh' will not be happy bunny, not that she usually is anyway..................<laugh>

swantastic and seabreeze like this.