1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Big fire in Landan

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by A.L.D.O 4.1, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

I was there on Saturday. Missed the demo tho.

2. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ies_uk_594793bce4b01eab7a2ecc23?utm_hp_ref=uk

As of today 79 confirmed as dead but it isn't enough to satisfy everyone. I am starting to wonder if there are people out their who actually want the death toll to be into the hundreds just so they can say "I told you so, innit". Latest "look at me, it's me, I'm on YouTube, look at me" twat says his "mate" reckoned 42 people were found dead in one flat. He won't accept the official body count and neither will the mouthy cow ("I've got 10,000 Instagram followers") who said EVERYBODY died as she's not met any victims in person.

79 at the moment but bound to be higher but I get the sense from the reports that some people are almost demanding it be more, as if 79 isn't enough of a tragedy for them.

I don't like how there is the veil of secrecy from K&C Council, or more likely a veil of incompetency as in my mind it should be a relatively easy process. Count up all the Council tenants, check the electoral register, check housing benefit records, check community charge data. Housing services should know which properties are leasehold or privately rented.

After this long since the fire a fairly accurate list of residents should be available. Mark off those who perished, mark off those who have approached the Council to be re-housed and you are left with a figure of those who are considered missing, presumed dead. It could be another 10, it could be another 100 but all the while this drags on the gobby twats will film themselves getting all indignant and thinking that only their version of events is the truth.

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

So Lily Allen was right all along then?

Thought so.

Mind The Duck likes this.
  4. Gambol

Am as fed up with the blame culture of this country as I am with the grief culture of this country.

When the **** did we turn into a bunch of arseholes?

Toley Fart and Null like this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

So attention whores use current events and tragedies to gain clicks from people on the Internet to give their pathetic lives meaning ?

On a totally separate note , any more exciting threads in the pipeline Gove Raper? <whistle>

6. GroveRanger

Yes, I've just posted one on the late great Brian Cant of Playaway and Playschool fame. He also did the voices for Trumpton and that.

At least I only rant and rave to a handful of likeminded twats on GC, I don't video myself pretending that I have anything important to say.

DevAdvocate likes this.
  7. DUNCAN DONUTS

It's the same premise.

I would suggest that people that lived in this building who appear on camera may be slightly more emotionally envolved than yourself and may have wider knowledge of the day to day life as residents.

You see a baseball hat training shoes and a person with a funny accent and dismiss them as thick Terrys.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  8. Gambol

I'm a likeminded twat :grin:

9. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Coincided with the invention of tv, which softened our brains. Then double glazing and central heating made us all into big girl's blouses.

Gambol likes this.
  10. GroveRanger

Clearly you haven't been paying attention. As yet I haven't seen ANYONE from the building appear on TV apart from the distressing photographs posted of those still missing. What I take an issue with are the people who are entirely happy to be filmed spurting out their opinions which are then used by both the mainstream media and Social Media for no other reason other than to promote and self-publicise themselves or their own agenda.

A black man (probably in a baseball hat, and trainers as these are commonly purchased items of clothing) stood on a march gesticulating and mouthing off that the fire at Grenfell Tower was obviously racist proves my point. It was a fire, there aren't black fires, white fires, mixed race fires etc. Just fires. I doubt very much that the enquiry will say it was arson but until they arrest a white person for deliberately starting it then it is not a racist attack. Not many white families lived in the block but they are/will be included in the victims so how is it all about race? Did all the white folks get ushered out before the fire leaving only black or other ethnic minorities inside to die? No it didn't but that fact doesn't satisfy the chap's own agenda to say so.

DevAdvocate likes this.

11. B-C

B-C Well-Known Member

I say baseball cap but whatever.

Null and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  12. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

Latest I've seen is that "they" (no idea who 'they' are?) clad the building in flammable material so the rich wouldn't need to look at the poor... :eek:

Not sure how that works.

13. DUNCAN DONUTS

I am not entirely sure that inviting lots of immigrants into our Country and paying for them to live in expensive areas of London is a particularly sensible way of spending tax payers money.

These protesters will walk past indigenous actual homeless people on the way to thrust £5k at each resident ( even the ones that were out when the fire happened) and demand that they be rehoused in Kensington or Knitsbridge for ****s sake ,in a terraced house because they are scared of tall buildings now.

**** em .<ok>

brb likes this.
  14. GroveRanger

The missus is on Facebook and read something from a relative of a Grenfell Tower survivor complaining that the hotel used to temporarily house them was a tower block and that it was the most insensitive thing expecting the family to stay there. I can't say for certain if it had the same cladding, if it did she may have a point.

brb likes this.
  15. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The cladding looked like 100 quid notes ..

16. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

I think they went for the cheaper option on the cladding ie not AS fire proof.Watched Panorama last night and glad we are in the EU cos Ludvic saved a lady,him and Ahmer (maybe spelling their names wrong) carried her out,just saying.

17. Gambol

...and just as combustible.

18. DUNCAN DONUTS

Andy Murray donating all of his prize money to the families of the frazzled <doh>

19. Toley Fart

Toley Fart not606's best fighter

Won't be much. He lost in the first round.

20. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Well if you knew you weren't going to see any of the prize money you probably wouldn't try either