1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BIG SAM ON THE GRAVY TRAIN>

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Daily Telegraph have Big Sam all over the first five pages today.

Undercover reporters report that Sam Allardyce has negotiated a £400,000 deal to offer advice to businessmen on how to 'get around' FA rules on player transfers. He had arranged this even before he held his first England training session, so the Telegraph tell us.

Allardyce visited Singapore and Hong Kong to deal with men who he thought where representing a Far East firm who where hoping to profit from the Premier League's billion-pound transfer market.

Plenty to read here in this five page article.....if that is the sought of man Allardyce is then I think he is not the man we need running our national team.....goodbye Big Sam....we don't need you.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I think we need to stop letting the press break England managers. There aren't after all many to choose from in the first place.

As I understand it, he was asked about how clubs can get around "shared ownership" players. The problem is not with the clubs or the players, it's with the "owners", who are running something close to slave trading. It was ill-advised and stupid to get involved but at least it was about circumventing these arrangements rather than setting them up.

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I hate that 'slave trade' BS, it's absolutely **** all like being a slave. the 'owners' simply get a %
    no.1 slaves don't get paid
    no. 2 slaves aren't allowed to quit being slaves.

I would say signing a contract with a football club is more akin to slavery.

Will they investigate the Pogba transfer? 20% to the, ahem, "agent"

4. notDistantGreen

Not being in a position to choose where you work and have some South American or Russian organised crime take half your earnings is pretty close......

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sounds like the FA and Allardyce have agreed to part company.....waiting for confirmation.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

CONFIRMED.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All I will say is why am I not surprised. An over excess of cash makes scandal inevitable.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sounds like the Telegraph have loads more accusations against Premiership managers.......read tomorrows papers folks.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I refer you all to the quote I gave earlier.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Wow....just been reading the Daily Telegraph accusations.....they have tons of facts and recordings......English football ,especially the Premiership and in some cases the Championship is rotten to the roots and makes Italian football Cinderella clean in comparison.

The third party ownership of players has been banned for years.....but we hear of managers ASKING fo sweetners regarding transfers and managers inflating players wages so that that player gives the manager a slice of his wages.....it looks as if Allardyce might of been involved in under the table stuff at West Ham when he was manager........agents have been spilling the beans to these Telegraph reporters thinking that they where representatives of a far east firm.

England have no fulltime manager at the moment......half the managers in the Premiership could be dragged into this cesspool of curruption.....Gareth Southgate has been put in charge of Englands next four matches....please lets hope he is clean....but I don't think he is the man to take England forward in the future.....but who the hell can you trust to do the job.

The love of money is the No1 problem in football....and I will always believe that started with Murdoch and Sky....pouring obscene amounts of money into what used to be a sport.....paying wages to footballers who had no understanding of how to deal with such wealth.....and dripping through to every other level of the top levels of the game....tarnishing others in the process.

The money slushing around the game makes Argyles administration chaos look like loose change down the back of the settee in comparison........how unearth can they sort this mess out without money passing around under the table.....maybe we should invite a certain swiss gentleman called Sepp Blatter to come along and help us out......order the brown envelopes someone.

PS.....£3 million a year, which some would see as only a part time job...:rolleyes:......but greed,greed,greed for more was what Allardyce wanted....didn't some warn us that they weren't happy with Big Sam getting the job.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016

11. notDistantGreen

I've only seen the bits of the video footage shown on TV.

Allardyce's departure isn't to do with bungs to managers is it? He's clearly heard saying that happened 20 years ago but is an absolute no-no now.

What this is about is is players, typically South American, whose registrations are "owned" by third parties. The biggest case in the UK that I can remember was Tevez and Mascherano moving to West Ham as a package. Both players (having looked it up) were owned by companies controlled by the infamous and unregistered football agent Kia Joorabchian. Presumably, such players are bought in to contracts by the likes of Joorabchian when they are vulnerable and poor early in their careers and are then traded like slaves to the highest bidder - for the owner's benefit.

What Allardyce was talking about was not setting up these deals but advising how they could be circumvented to allow clubs to sign the players in question, who in theory can't play for anyone. All I heard him talk about was 4 trips to Asia at £100k a time to give "keynote speeches" which doesn't sound particularly conspiratorial.

Still, it was a very bad error of judgement and he seems also to have named names in relation to historic offences and also been disrespectful to Roy Hodgson, which is conduct unbecoming, and even Prince William which seems particularly risky and utterly pointless.

Arsene Wenger is being touted on the expectation he'll leave Arsenal soon. So we could be back to a foreign manager and won who hasn't won a lot recently, albeit that has something to do with transfer dealing, which isn't an issue with England.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Maybe Wenger's transfer dealings show he isn't involved with anything shady.....he obviously has failed to get some of his targets in over the years....because he doesn't deal with transfer sweetners....I hope so anyway.

I realize that bungs to managers isn't why Allardyce has walked.....the Telegraph reporters have lots on that by what I've read......but they where aware of Allardyce having a background that wasn't lillywhite....and sucked him in very easily....serves him right.....plus him rubbishing well know people in the sport meant he had to go....including his bosses....idiot.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Allardyce just doesn't get it does he........bleating about entrapment.........he doesn't think that he is in the wrong one iota.

Personally I think the FA made a mistake last night allowing Allardyce to leave under the term 'mutual decision'.....he should of been sacked for having know respect or loyalty to his employers....end of subject......I was seeing red after hearing him on the radio.....and I was driving at the time.

Talk that come the new year he'll be back in the Premiership.....if that happens I will have no respect for whoever employs him....the man is toxic and shouldn't be touched with a barge pole.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's the sad truth of it plym he absolutely doesn't get it at all as don't most of these types. Take your snout out of the trough when you simply don't need to ever have it in there and there is no problem. Entrapment is only possible if the trapped join in. Say bugger off at the start and there cannot be a problem. You got caught Sam face up to it and move on.

If he gets compensation for this there will be an even bigger outcry. And so there should be. I don't care what any of them say, there are a load of doggy people out there since the money started flowing like water. The more money the more corruption as FIFA have discovered. Who is shocked at the other revelations? Nobody should be. I could understand players and managers coughing whilst receiving a little envelope in the old days when wages were £20 a week. But now?????

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There is talk of him maybe being in line for £1 million compensation....for what.... less than two months and one match in charge.....good job I wasn't driving when I heard that.....and he'll be up to saying yes please ....and what about the £400,000 I was promised by those entrapping Telegraph reporters.....you couldn't give me that as well to see me over tge tough times out of work....:steam::steam::steam::headbang::headbang::headbang:.

16. notDistantGreen

In order to sack him without compensation, the FA would have to prove misconduct almost certainly after a long, expensive and public dispute. As with the Mourinho/Careiro case, there's almost always a settlement before trial so you might as well do it at the outset.

It's not at all clear that merely taking to someone about doing something would constitute misconduct, especially as there was entrapment. What was talked about i.e. discussing how allowing players who had had fallen into shared ownership could be signed by clubs is not necessarily a breach of regulations.

For anyone knows, Allardyce might have stood up and said there only way to do it was to come completely clean with the authorities and let them sort it out. We'll never know as the Telegraph published before it got to that point.

Indeed we'll never know if Allardyce would have cleared the arrangement with his employers as was apparently said on the tape. Again, the Telegraph published before he had the chance.

So there may be different opinions on Allardyce but be certain that journalistic expose's are hardly likely to stand up in court and draw your own conclusions about how much of what you read in newspapers can be believed, even if it is in the Telegraph.

Far worse to me is the re-surfacing of allegations of bungs and corruption within transfer dealings themselves. Firstly, shared ownership arrangements are probably a very small proportion of transfers generally. Secondly, fans don't always think that their clubs buy and sell the right players at the right price. If those doing the deals don't necessarily think they are the best deals either, then we're being cheated royally.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Lets put it this way notdistant, if he gets compensation then I won't either agree with it or be a happy bunny about it. I care not one jot if it's hard to prove in Court. Semantics. Another nail in the football coffin. People are getting fed up with the snouts and troughs. Interest in football will take some killing but keep all this stuff up and eventually it will be. Having said that we all know compensation is likely whatever we think.

18. notDistantGreen

"Mutual agreement" certainly means he's got compensation, even if that only means payment for his contractual period of notice, agrees to full and final settlement, signs a non disclosure agreement (as do the FA) and usually non-compete and non-solicitation agreements too.

Non-compete is only important if we think he could soon be managing another team in the Euro qualifiers. Stranger things have happened!

The only other options would be him resigning unilaterally, which he hasn't, and them saying he'd been dismissed for serious misconduct, which they haven't.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The Wales manager Chris Coleman, said yesterday that he would call for lifetime bans against scandal hit figures in the wake of the Daily Telegraph's investigation.....Coleman also said that anyone caught "stealing money" from football should be "removed from the game permanently". He also said "what we are talking about effectively, is people stealing money. whether you are earning 50 grand a week or 50 grand a year, you are stealing money. Anyone caught doing that, they need to be removed from the game permanently. That's it good night. If you are earning 50 grand a year,to the average man in the street, that's a good salary. so you shouldn't be taking money".

Barnsley's assistant manager Tommy Wright was sacked yesterday for accepting a £5,000 cash "bung" following videoed Telegraph footage that was disclosed by undercover reporters from the newspaper.

Much more to come I'm sure when other names are brought forward for scrutiny over cash promises for their so called 'help'.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There is a list of names out there already. Some not surprising maybe but others a little eyebrow raising. I am not going to print the list here as it's easy to find if you want to look. One of them worked for us a while back. I agree with Coleman. Get rid and no excuses.