1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blackburn v Hull City AFC - Team news

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 12, 2016.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Snodgrass doing the presser with Brucey today.

We have a fully fit squad to choose from.

That's it really, the least exciting presser ever.

2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I guess one of SB decisions is whether to play Daime or Akpom. After Burnley's performance by Diame, on the face of it I would plum for Akpom.

However I just wonder how much Abel's remark that he likes playing with Diame because they can communicate better on the pitch because he speaks Spanish sways the decision in Diame's favour?

3. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Fully firt squad until someone gets a knock in training this morning?

Unchanged for me, unless its broken, don't fix it!

4. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Yeh exactly. I don't think it's anywhere near as important as just not having specific key players injured anyway. Also the fact that Snodgrass, despite having been out a long time, hasn't picked up any niggles since is great too.

5. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Snoddy's return, and his contributions since are a big bonus for us. That said it wouldn't surprise me to see Elmo playing a fair bit over the coming weeks as Brucey manages his squad

The FRENCH TICKLER likes this.
  6. armchairfan

If Diame does start Bruce needs to pull him off much quicker than last time if he isn't performing.

It's strange reading Blackburn boards and hearing them talking about Rovers v Hull, makes it sound like a flippin rugby match. Oh and quite a few of them are confident for this one.

7. Hull City OSC

Hull City OSC Member

Steve Bruce, says City where unfortunate last week but this league is tough and there is everything to play for. The full squad is fit 22 players but can only pick 11 so tough decisions to made. Steve is not planning on wholesale changes for the game.
    Robert Snodgrass, said he is determined to concentrate on just 1 game at a time. With everyone been fit it drives you on to be better because you want to play and everyone is fighting for a place.

https://twitter.com/HCOSC_Official/

8. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

I'd get Akpom back in for this one given that he can't play in the Cup next week

9. armchairfan

It's juggling this and the Brighton game now and what changes are made between them. Most of the team may keep the same but one or two changes could be made.

10. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

I'd bring Meyler in for Hayden and Akpom for Diame.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

12. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

I was thinking that way. However after last week it has to be Akpom in for Diame. We have another game Tuesday so it is upto Akpom to perform and keep Diame out. Either way, I do expect Diame to start @ Arsenal next week.

13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

14. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Apart from injuries,, I hope that Diame and Meyler are kept for the Arsenal game. Hayden has done enough to play the next 2 league games (injury permitting) imo.

In fact on paper at least the team for Arsenal looks very strong. I think that City are trying to get Powell upto speed for the cup game as well.

15. armchairfan

I was thinking our new keeper will get the cup game too. Which is appropriate as he seemed to first hear about us when we played Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

16. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

Blackburn are currently at the bottom of the form guide league with their last 8 matches showing W0 D4 L4. Maybe quiet confidence that a win is nigh?

17. Tigerned

Tigerned Active Member

Powell for Diame. Let's see what he's got.

18. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I said last week Diame was awful however when in the mood he is a game winner hopefully if he plays he has had his bad week so lets hope this is a good one. You have a forward in Diame who can produce something out of nothing but unfortunately some games it is nothing. His replacement Akpom adds pace but also misses great chances again been inconsistent don't know anything about Powell. Would be tempted to bring Myler back in its 50/50 regarding Diame/Akpom but would think its the same team. What ever team we play this is a massive game which we need to win because the chance is there if we can win it to then play our game in hand on Tuesday and create a gap which would be very important with this hard run of games coming up.

19. trouserpress

trouserpress Active Member

I can't be doing with picking players because they have tonnes of natural ability and "when in the mood" can be a game-winner. We can't afford to just hope players will come good at this stage of the season, we need to be picking players we know are going to be up for the battle. It was the same with Huddlestone when he was out of form - we kept picking him in the hope he'd come good - look how much better we're playing now. So I'd pick Akpom for Diame, reward the lad for his hat trick in the cup. Hes certainly got desire, you can't fault him for that, whereas Diame too often drifts out of the game.

BOJACKHCAFCMAN and tigercity like this.
  20. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

For me the only priority is the League & I would want my strongest team out for that. Meyler and Akpom would be in my strongest team - but I know others have different opinions. With a fully fit squad SB really has no excuses over team selection this weekend & lets face it - that's what he's paid for!