1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Blackpool owners taking Legal action against their own fans?!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by South West 'Ulltra, Jan 13, 2015.

1. South West 'Ulltra

South West 'Ulltra Well-Known Member

2. renegadetiger

renegadetiger Well-Known Member

That Oyston character really is a massive ****, isn't he?

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He certainly is.

4. Quill

Quill Bastard

Warra **** Oyston is.

No surprise Happy likes him.

Double_Dragon, PLT and renegadetiger like this.
  5. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

You in training to join the AKACTWD committee?

I said the Blackpool fans got the owners they deserve. I don't have any time for anyone at that club.

The twats being taken to court are getting what they deserve too.

I suspect their defence will be "it's just bantz innit?"

6. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Why do Blackpool fans deserve to get an owner like that ? I don't see how it works . I'm sure like every other club they have some decent fans and a few not so decent fans

Kempton and PLT like this.
  7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The fan being taken taken to court for £150k in damages has never actually contacted Oyston directly, all he did was say he was a ****er on a message board, just like this one.

It doesn't surprise me that you think that's okay.

8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

He was asked the same question last time, and said they deservee **** owners bexause they appointed Ian Holloway. It was pointed out that it was the Oystons who appointed Holloway and obviously the fans wouldn't have had a say in such a decision. Then he said it was because the fans didn't object to Holloway.

So basically it's just the usual Happy stance. Attention seeking contrary post followed by laughable attempts to justify with appalling logic, then getting all uppity with whoever points out it's bollocks, Quill this time.

9. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Update...

The owners of Blackpool Football Club are suing a web forum for libel in the latest of a series of actions against fans making derogatory comments online.
    Owen and Karl Oyston are seeking £150,000 damages from the Back Henry Street website.
    Papers were served on Thursday over six alleged defamatory comments which were made in 2014.
    A club spokesman confirmed the legal action but said it would not be commenting further.
    A notice published on the fans' website stated: "To clear up any rumours, on Thursday 5 February 2015, Back Henry Street was served papers from the court, relating to the Oystons' and Blackpool Football Club's intent to seek damages for six allegedly defamatory comments made on the site in 2014, limited collectively at £150,000.
    "For obvious reasons, we can not go into any more detail at this time. Thank you for your continued support."
    The forum has appealed to fans of the Championship side to help in its legal fight.
    'Freedom of thought'
    One of its moderators posted a message saying: "A football club exists and prospers due to the support of its fan-base and Back Henry Street will forever champion the freedom of thought and expression in discussion of Blackpool Football Club.
    please log in to view this image

"It is vital we ensure that we, the real Blackpool fans, will always have this forum to discuss our club."
    Last week dozens of Blackpool fans attended a court hearing in Manchester for a separate legal action brought by the Oystons against a fan.
    David Ragozzino, 32, was given 21 days to respond to a claim for damages from the club.
    On 30 January another fan, Stephen Sharpe, apologised to the Oystons over his online comments, withdrawing his posts after accepting they were "false, defamatory and, in some cases, threatening".
    The club also has legal action pending against the former chair of the Blackpool Supporters' Trust, Tim Fielding.
    More on This Story

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There's a great deal of irony in a convicted rapist claiming that he's being defamed.

Pat E O'Dors likes this.

11. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Good point, well made. If they had stuck to describing him as a rapist there would be no legal action.

Does anyone else think that we are going to see more of this sort of action by club owners?

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

PLT likes this.
  13. Happy Tiger

The Oystons are a nasty bunch of ****ers. All of them involved in that family are. Moan all you like about the Allams, but you'd be mental to swap ours for them.

Frank should not have posted what he did. People need to realise that if they're prepared to make unsubstantiated allegations online, they are stupid and deserve to be punished. If you post it, you better be prepared to defend it.

That said, 20k is ****ing ridiculous. If he'd punched him in the face he'd have been fined less.

I hope hes agreed to pay it back at a quid a month.

14. Happy Tiger

Having just read some of the latest stuff on this...

I wish to retract my previous comments.

No one deserves that family at all. Not even Blackpool. Not even for employing Hollowhead.

I standby the comment about taking responsibility when you post stuff online, but that is seriously one shabby family.

Convicted rapist and a convicted fly tipper? How can their reputations be made any worse?

How the actual hell can they still be in charge of a football club? Why the hell would they want to be?

15. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't know about their criminal past as mentioned in your other post, but their hatred of the fans and spiteful actions towards them are a trait shared by the Allams. Do you think they'd turn down the chance to do the same thing as Oyston has done to one of their dissenters?

16. Happy Tiger

It would take a **** of immense proportions to compare the Oystons to the Allams.

The criminal acts are a matter of public record.

If someone posts something untrue or libelous about anyone online, they should be man enough to suffer the consequences. Freedom of speech has with it, responsibility.

Actually, I'm not going to respond to you any further on this. You're either just trolling or you are a huge ****basket.

PLT likes this.
  17. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I like the Oystons, they're funny. I'd rather have them in charge than the Allams.

18. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

"Frank has followed Blackpool over 40 years and has apologised for his passionate online rant, witnessed by all 34 of his online friends on Facebook, and fully retracted his statements."

<laugh>
    !!

19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

34!!! Bloody show off.

Mr. Hat 6.3 recurring likes this.
  20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

£3,470 raised so far...