1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boateng

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by AWAY IN BC, Mar 23, 2016.

1. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

So with Mr. Boating coming back we are in with a better chance.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Confirmed by C Palace that Hiram Boateng is returning to PAFC until the end of the season....and Adams can have him if Argyle are in the play-offs as well.

With players returning from injury Pardew feels he can now allow Boateng to return to Plymouth to help them in their promotion push.

Derek Adams has been trying to get Boateng back, and his perseverance has finally paid off....I'm sure this will be a real pick me up for the team.

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Welcomed news, but one player wont make it happen they all need to get back to winning ways..

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's a bloody big help though Joe. I am so pleased to see this because I have to hold my hand up and say I didn't think it would happen. This one player is a big miss for the team and now he is one who can fit straight back in as he knows the side already. We have missed a midfield and Carey for one will benefit. That might just release him to get back on scoring ways. Welcome back Mr Boateng.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Wow what a pick me up......hope he can muster team back as previous. A cool loan again DA. :emoticon-0105-wink:

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Yep im glad he has arrived and hopefully its not to late to get us going again.. As you say Carey will hopefully play better and score

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There are certain people on certain forums who were saying this was not a possibility no way no how previously who are now of course spouting it is already far too little and far too late. It must be wonderful to live in that happy world. It cannot be too little because previously we couldn't have him. Not for the want of asking and trying but for the owners of his registration not allowing it. There was nothing whatsoever we could do about that. The same applies to the too late bit as well. We got him as soon as we could.

The thing I find a bit disconcerting is something I've talked about before. We couldn't afford players at the start of the season according to Adams. The first crack in the heirachy being as one. The club has an average gate of 8500 and yet we can't afford?????? Adams is clearly moaning about his lack of funds. I don't blame him but some will. Even if you take away a third or indeed half of the gate to pay for debt repayment that still gives us more than a good few in this league to play with.

8. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be fair on Pardew....he said that Boateng would go out on loan again.....now that his injured players have returned....he has allowed him to go on loan just before the window closed.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't think anyone is criticising Palace plym. They pay the wages and he is their player so we can hardly moan about them employing him can we. It would have been an injustice to us and the player if he hadn't been allowed back here though if a loan was deemed in his best interest. Lot of talk about him going somewhere higher than league 2 at one time albeit from the usual Argyle suspects. I actually think if the player was given any choice in the matter he would have jumped at the chance to come back and help finish the job. I think this will be a big boost to the squad, new loanees excluded, and it just might be the jump start they needed. Am quite looking forward to the next 2 games all of a sudden. It might be short lived but still.

10. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Hear hear Mr.Sensible..

11. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I think DA's comments about the budget are being interpreted in a slightly odd way (!). Although we have had to rely more than most on loanees, I suspect most lower league managers would feel the same way. It would be great to go out and buy a full squad at the beginning of the season but that also carries a lot of financial risk as inevitable one or two wont work out and, rightly or wrongly, Argyle are adamant that they wont risk going back into (more) debt to fund the football side.
    With Boateng back it means that with the exception of Brunt we will have pretty much the same group that were riding high in the top three for so long so success or failure will rely on confidence, bottle, desire to win and team spirit (and a little luck).

I guess what I am saying is that DA has ended up with a team that has demonstrated that it is good enough to be be successful at this level, and if they have done it within budget then surely that is a good thing?

Just hope Boateng doesn't feel too much pressure (some sites seem to think he is the Messiah!)- for me it is the combination of available players (e.g McHugh and Boateng) that is important, rather than what the individuals bring to the team.

12. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

This is good news. We aren't the biggest or strongest and Boateng adds athleticism.

The club's still in recovery mode financially and it makes no sense to over commit to player contracts too soon. As (I think) Martin Starnes said, the intention is to get promoted and that would trigger a review of the squad to determine who's good enough for a higher division. It's a tough world.

Also, from Carey's comments about staying at PAFC despite interest from other clubs, some of the recent intake may be well paid. You can't have quantity and quality.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Talk about green tints..... Is there anything that anyone might say that isn't being misinterpreted if people come up with 4 from the 2 +2 sum? What exactly is odd about what people are seeing in Adams' words? I could just as easily say it was odd not to see it as a criticism and a moan about not being given resources. There is not a doubt that the squad has ability and an amount of class about it and I don't think anyone has said otherwise. They, if they could stay as a team for the whole of the season, would be classy enough to be promoted and I doubt anyone would question that. But, it hasn't been like that has it. The quality is only paper thin and as soon as a few injuries struck the wheels came off. There is plenty of quality in the team but definately not enough depth. This has been proved beyond doubt by the last month or so. They are all back in harness now so the big hope is it will come back together. Lets just hope there are no more injuries to derail it again if that happens.

It's too late now to worry about who we haven't got and time to concentrate on what happens next and beyond. Dependant on outcome the brown stuff will either be flushed quietly away or will hit the fan big style when the fates are known. That's for then though not now. As it is fingers crossed for tomorrow and Monday. The minimum requirement is 4 points and the target is all 6. Anything less than the minimum and we will need to start worrying about playoff places rather than 3rd spot.