1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bolasie on the verge of quitting argyle

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

NEWSNOW reports that (today 1st) ...............Argyle had to sell Bolasie on the quick,or he would of gone for nothing.

Bolasie had put in a 14 day notice of termination of his contract,that followed the non-payment of wages.

The players had signed a deal with PAFC to continue playing after administration without receiving their salary.

Bolasie was the first to rescind on that agreement and having given 14 days notice he could have walked away for nothing.

PAFC have moved quickly to prevent Nelson and Mason doing the same by paying them their overdue wages,thereby scraping the barrel dry of cash.

One Premier League club has already made an enquiry about Nelson.

If guilfoyle doesn't get a move on with the preferred bidders it is possible that others could follow the same course and there wouldn't be funds to stop them doing it.

That probably means Bolasie has been sold for next to nothing,some money is better than no money at all.

2. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

3. chudleighgreen

chudleighgreen New Member

Embarassment??

4. mouldyoldgoat

Oh well never mind at least we will get some thing for him!

5. Greenarmy Griff

Greenarmy Griff New Member

If carlsberg did merry-go-rounds, they'd probably buy Argyle.....

6. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

HAHA Griff.

I imagine it would be a small fee plus extras. Bit like Stephens, no news confirming any interest in Nelson. Spurs were checking him out this season...

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At least Nelson hasn't now got the same loop hole to jump through as Bolasie,seeing he has now been payed.

PAFC have no tight timescale to work within if as we all expect he will be lured away.

8. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

If we do have to lose Nelson it would be nice if we could arrange a loan back deal, would work out good for all parties. If he signs for a Prem side sitting on the bench won´t help his progression and after a season of league footie reserves will be a step back. 2 mill in the bank and his services for next year would do nicely, reality will probably be 200k and loaned back to another Div2 side to haunt us next year.

On a side note why the hell is the Football League summer conference and AGM in Cyprus!!!!! Do these clowns not realise that a lot of clubs are struggling financially?? Well you maybe in admin, transfer embargo but what the hell splash the cash and have a nice jolly in the sun you know it makes sense!! <steam>

9. Steelthunderballs

Steelthunderballs New Member

Hardly the Football Leagues problem that cheating Plymouth Argyle didn't pay their bills!!!

Ask Crawley for a loan you bunch of losers.

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Bolaise situation somewhat pours cold water on the DS theory of Argyle disposing of the good ones. Seems he chose to desert us not we chose to sell. I hope if he chooses to walk away that we now don't pay him at all. If he uses the non-payment as his way out then he should forfeit any claim on wages. He signed the agreement to waiver them so it would be his own fault. Bet that won't happen though as players have their cake and eat it all the time.

11. Steelthunderballs

The man has just played for the most pitiful football team in the league for 3 months without being paid, and guess what, Victor wants to have a go because he wants to leave.
    What a tool you are Vic.

12. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Sensible, I'm really surprised you have taken this attitude. Can you really blame the guy - or any of the players?? They haven't been paid since god knows when and had little choice but to sign those papers. Can you honestly say you would do any different? I wouldn't bloody work for nothing and even if I wanted to finances would dictate otherwise!

13. Steelthunderballs

Oh my god. Someone agreeing with me and disagreeing with Vic.

Watch out ledge, he will be hitting that ignore button. How dare you disagree with him and slag the team off.

Good For you Legend.

14. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No Reid-all-about-it I don't dispute he and they could have walked. But he chose not to go and was not forced to do anything. Not long ago there was a story about him wanting to stay here. That lasted a long time then didn't it. If he was so confident in his ability and being wanted elsewhere why did he simply not leave then. It would have made little difference to our outcome. If I wasn't getting paid then I would have left it's true. The point I'm making is that he has forced his sale now by not honouring his own agreement. Using the excuse that "I have not been paid therefore I am free to leave" should mean he has chosen to go so also forfeits any rights to his money for doing so as others owed money by Argyle had to forfeit their rights to being paid. We should be able to pay him .77pence in the pound like the other creditors will get. But, being a player he will get everything in full despite not keeping to his self imposed agreement as well as being able to leave at will. Life is cutthroat and there are plenty of examples of other types of workers who have not been paid, then made redundant with no pay and no redundancy or pension they had paid for. Once again footballers are a protected species. Harsh? Well maybe it is but life is harsh for many who have not enjoyed the rewards he has. Loyalty it seems is ok as long as it is selfserving. Once it is no longer required then off they trot reverting to type. Perhaps I have just lost a little faith but one day I'd like to see a level playing field. Had Bristol City or Charlton or anyone else come in for him then we would have let him go with our gratitude. Mine included. By playing hardball now he loses some of the gratitude for me.

15. greenjock

greenjock Member

Well I was a bit torn really, but now that Scumanage have been promoted, wont have to bother about going there, not that I would have anyway, STB is from Stevenage, which is so nice its twinned with Shimkent in Khazakstan! The locals look at Luton as a holiday destination which tells you a lot. The shopping precint consists of Poundland, Poundworld, 99P Land, Bargain Booze and Iceland.

Steelthunderballs wife is the local bike and shoots ping pong balls out of her vajayjay on Saturday nights at the Dog and Dog, named after STB's sisters, and will suck your cock backstage for 50p and a can of Pedigree Chum.

Never had much to do with Stevenage or Spurs and certainly had nothing against either of them, but since STB lives in Stevenage and supports Spurs I now hate both with a passion and cant wait for Harry Redknapp to get prosecuted for tax evasion the ugly squinty eyed ballbag, and those other two stunners Crouch and Bale to leave in search of Champions League football.

Also hope Stevenage continues to win chavtown of the year, it gives STB something to be proud about other than the fact that he's been raped by all of his uncles, and their next door neighbours.

Not sure what the prick has against Argyle but whatever it is at least it gives the ****wit something to do with his evenings instead of licking windows in his bedsit