1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bolton

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Totallyqpr, Oct 3, 2015.

1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Not seen the game mate but always appreciate your opinion. I struggle to believe that any player didn't at least make one tackle in 90 mins of football. Where did chery play Col? ?

2. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Everybody can clearly see that we're conceading way to many goals. Why?
    Is it our entire defence?
    Are our fullbacks being cleaned?
    Is it our CBs?
    Our formation?

We're playing with two holding midfielders which should make us more difficult to breakdown. This would suggest that our formation doesn't suit. We can't continue to leak goals at this rate.

3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I wasn't there mate, but I believe Chery was one of the three behind JET, presumably mainly on the left.

With regards to Henry.................I would play Faurlin and Sandro together, with Fer ahead of them, but I don't believe that Henry is our biggest problem. Also, as you say, it's hard to believe that any midfielder would go through an entire game without making a single challenge.

4. rangercol

Or is the coach unable to get the players to play this formation well enough?

I'd be tempted to go 4-3-3.

5. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

To get promotion in this league you have to win a lot of dirty matches 1-0.

We don't seem to have that organisation, grit and determination yet.
    4-2-3-1 IMO is designed for a team to be defensive tight and counter attack at pace. I think CR has forgotten the 'defensively tight' bit

We're all at sea at the moment
    I hope he stumbles across the right setup soon or we're going to be in big trouble

6. rangercol

Agreed.

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Obviously defensively we have to improve. Think Green needs to go for a start myself, and he needs to find the best 4 then try and stick with them so they know their roles and each othet better. Same with the defensive part further forwsrd.

But coming back to win from 2-0 down and being pulled back to 3-3 certainly suggest there was some grit and determination about us.

8. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

REALLY Col!

Neither Henry or Tozzer made a tackle.

Chery did more defending than the two combined. Their partnership yesterday made their efforts against Forest & Blackburn look magnificent!

If this match had ended 3-3 there would have not been one word on any Rangers board praising the match or the performance.

9. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Active Member

We certainly have something about us, that being superior attacking players. Fer, JET and chery looked a class above a poor Bolton defence at times. We should and will be walking over a lot of defences this season, particularly at home. Completely agree about finding the best back four and sticking with them, our defence have looked like they've never played with one another (ever) at times this season.

To reiterate, I was closely watching the players who I thought were our worst against Fulham (Henry and Angella), and in my opinion they were the worst again yesterday. Henry lost every single tackle or 50/50, I may have missed one admittedly but it couldn't have been any more than that. And Angella was terrible again, completely at fault for boltons equaliser. Never have I seen a CB so scared to head the football. Ridiculous.

And from yesterday's showing, JET and Austin could form a very good partnership in my opinion. JET was willing to put his body in the way and won several headers and flick ons, think Austin could feed well off him. Whether our head coach will be willing to change the system is a whole different point entirely.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  10. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

Been waiting to speak with several ST holders who were at the game before posting on here. Unanimously they agree that Henry shouldn't be in the team and none of them remember Henry putting in one tackle let alone winning one. Tosser wasn't any better either. Angella switched off too often and we are missing a genuine wide left player and need to have a long hard look at our options for right back. Also re. Henry...... he slows us down in attack as he dithers with the ball and eventually just passes the ball sideways or backwards. I've felt that about Henry myself and the way he loses attacking momentum but being I don't make it to games at the moment, I wouldn't argue with someone who was there but after having my thoughts confirmed by people who go every week. (I'm collecting opinions from 8 different people here and not all from the same group of friends.) I think it is time Henry was dropped. From what I can make out the balance between what he brings to the team over what he doesn't is so weighted against him that his time should be up. I applaud CR for trying to be loyal to players but there comes a time when that loyalty becomes misplaced.

11. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Henry didn't do anything because if he did some bellend king happy clapper who sits
    near me would go mental cheering him on like he scored a goal (guess he does it because he doesn't like the abuse he gets) and he didn't get to do that once yesterday. Although he did get rather excited when he harried a player who lumped it up the pitch out of play

He just chases shadow's and never quite gets there. Sandro came on and withing a couple of minutes made 3 tackles

Being a manager is about increasing the probability of us winning. Yesterday through bad management Ramsey decreased our chances. (Henry at No.10 at 3-3?! Is he going to score, make a probing pass, do anything...? Answer was unsurprisingly no)

Another real big irritation with Ramsey, whenever we concede, it's down to "individual mistakes". He doesn't worry about playing 5
    man midfield that never manages to dominate possession. Giving them the ball in dangerous areas repeatedly, so of course eventually the 'individual mistake' happens. But he's not responsible ever he's just unlucky they happened

JET and Chery score a worldly and he's happy to take any reflective credit for the teams attacking play though, and not acknowledge they bailed us out with 'individual quality'

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    NorwayRanger and LondonCalling like this.
  12. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Our defending in the first 15 minutes was schoolboy standard at best, the Bolton strikers had the freedom of the penalty area.

13. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I was in the same boat overseas - I enjoyed watching our goals!

14. LondonCalling

Absolutely bang on, both of you

15. Ranger

Ranger Active Member

I sense there are two different arguments here that may be getting mixed up.

1. Henry didn't play well recently
    2. Henry is not a good player and should not be in the team

1 doesn't necessarily lead to 2 in everyone's mind.

16. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Charlton also fought back from a 0-2 deficit today to secure a draw, pegging back Fulham in ET at The Valley, for the relying on their long-term squad players Jackson & Cousins.

If we had lost 3-4 to Bolton yesterday that result would have been just awful for us. Enjoyed watching our goals, but Bolton's showed our defensive frailties, disorganized & static, and Green could have done better too. I would give Smithies another game.

17. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with being a happy clapper as you put it. It's called getting behind your team and the manager and not trying to find fault with everything. Supporters support and do not have a dig at their own player/s and manager at every given opportunity.

18. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I am afraid to say this, but Hall and Angella looked better as the match went on...I could see that growing into a partnership, good enough for this division.
    But Chris has a REAL real problem now with Ned.
    He was beaten for the first goal, and looked shaky defending all afternoon...(he looked good going forward though)

Our problem is actually what to do with Ned....is he the best RB in (or belonging to) the club....No.
    I no longer think he is a shoe-in for the CB spot either....but he is our on field captain (and he is not shouty enough for that either)

Chris has a big PROBLEM

19. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

I would agree with that sentiment in general but I don't subscribe to blindly letting a bad player or a player on a bad streak just continue indefinitely. At some point something has to give and for the betterment of the whole team and club, a line must be drawn somewhere.

20. LondonCalling

For the record, I don't think he's played well recently and I don't think he should be in the team when everyone is fit. Not even close in my opinion. I'm not saying he hasn't done well for us in previous seasons because he has, and I still think he can be utilised in this division, coming off of the bench to shore things up and covering for injuries.