1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bournemouth Friendly to Commemorate Stan

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, May 25, 2017.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Just received this from Ian Taylor. This news will be released by the club at 4pm.

Thursday 25th May 2017

BOURNEMOUTH FRIENDLY TO COMMEMORATE STAN

Cherries pre-season fixture confirmed for July 29th

THE R's will play host to Premier League side Bournemouth in pre-season friendly action on Saturday 29th
    July, on a day when the club will commemorate Stan Bowles' contribution to QPR.

The fixture, which will kick-off at 3.00pm at Loftus Road, will form part of the club's ongoing celebrations of
    our former players, in the wake of a successful first year for The Forever R's Club, our ex-players' association
    that was formed earlier this season.

Bowles - who is suffering with Alzheimer's - will be in attendance at the match, as Ian Holloway's men go
    through their final preparations ahead of the Hoops' Sky Bet Championship season-opener the following week.

Tickets for the fixture, which will go on sale at 10.00am on Monday 12th June, will be priced £12 adults /
    seniors and £6 under-18’s.
    QPR’s net proceeds from all ticket sales will go towards a newly-launched ex-players’ foundation, of which Stan
    will be the first recipient.
    The foundation, which will officially launch ahead of the pre-season fixture, is a charitable organisation that
    raises funds through public awareness and special events.

The monies raised by the foundation will go towards the medical assistance, physical and pastoral care, and
    other requirements of Stan, and over time other former QPR personnel, including managers, players and staff.

As it is a charity, monies raised via the ex-players’ foundation will be exempt from VAT and will also be eligible
    for Gift Aid.
    The Just For Stan Committee, who are working alongside the club on this fixture, toldwww.qpr.co.uk: “We
    thought long and hard about ticket pricing for this fixture.
    “Fans that were canvassed suggested that £20 would be a fair price but the Gift Aid route is more beneficial
    from a tax viewpoint.
    “We invite supporters to make a healthy contribution to the fund via the Gift Aid route to get us to at least the
    £20 entrance fee and hopefully well beyond that to show our support for Stan.”

In the meantime, supporters can donate towards the Stan Bowles Go Fund Me account by visiting
    www.gofundme.com/StanBowles
    In addition, supporters wishing to keep abreast of all Stan related updates, and to register interest in purchasing
    tickets or taking up sponsorship opportunities, should visitwww.justforstan.com

Issued by Queens Park Rangers Football Club

Steelmonkey likes this.
  2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Steelmonkey likes this.
  3. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

excellent friendly to have secured. Won't be going but will certainly make a donation to such a fabulous cause

4. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Dam be in Majorca

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I'll be there!

6. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I will move mountains to be there!

rangercol likes this.
  7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm on holiday, gutted to miss this but I'll donate.

8. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

I hope to go.

9. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Rubbish opposition, I am afraid. Disappointed that's the best we can do when we started looking for this fixture some months ago.
    Rangers or Celtic would be ideal if we didn't want to splash out too much. Poor old Stan deserves more than a 4000 attendance .

10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

So a mid-table premier league team is not good enough for you? I would expect a minimum of 12,000 for this event.

11. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

I reckon this fixture was already arranged n the club are just using it as a Stan Bowles tribute imo