1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bournemouth v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 14, 2017.

1. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

Yesterday we were 3 points above the relegation zone. Today we are still 3 points above the relegation zone, but with one less game to go, so we are better off as it stands.

That`s my optimistic view anyway, although I still think we are on our way down.

Stumpy and Bap666 like this.
  2. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I posted this on our site before. Can you believe Palace have won 3 on the bounce, scoring 4 without conceding whilst only have 7 shots on target. No shots on target at all on Saturday!!!! thats when your luck is in. Their run of games should mean they get next to nothing between now and the end of the season. Lets hope we're both all right.

3. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Interesting to see that Boro had 64% possession today but their usual problem of turning that into chances. They have got Joe Jordan in to help so i expect them to come to the Libetty with a solid defensive line up looking for a point or 3 on the break.

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Just can't help himself ...lol ... When we get our right and left back back , I think we will be back to getting our share of points back . We did very well with the lineup put out by Clement after the Gunner game and when he can do it again , I know my confidence will start to flow again . We were playing some good stuff after the Arsenal game with that line up , and will again

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I have lost count how many times we have had the Lions share of games but very little even no shots on target. Possession should give you more opportunity's but it don't. A good Defence is worth it's weight in gold to any team and we have not had that fore years not since Sousa was in charge.....My favourite's of the past were. Monk, Ash, Boundy and Smith.....It's a shame we don't. have the calibre of those defenders today....

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Although I agree with the sentiment with the exception of Ash the other 3 were not PL standard players ,

7. swanseaandproud

A defender is a defender no matter what division you are in ....Premiership don't come into it at all. You either have the skill or you don't....

8. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

63 goals conceded so far this season.

Fukn disgusting.

Its a miracle we are still in with a shout of staying up !!!

9. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Yet, Trundle is arguably the most exciting player I've ever seen in a Swans shirt and yet, two levels below PL standard.

Stumpy likes this.
  10. swanseaandproud

Trunds never played football until he was 25 ish....can you imagine if he started in someone's academy when he was 9 or 10....

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Of course it does ,are you saying that a defender such as Jason Smith would have slotted straight into Man City's side because he 's a defender <doh>. players at the highest level get there because they have a core skills which include speed of thought , awareness , the technical ability , natural fitness and then more , physical and mental strength , physical speed ,the ability to manage stress .Todays players are athletes not cloggers from the lower leagues ( and no disrespect to the above mentioned ) but even Williams at his peak would be classed as a mid table PL player .

Stumpy, seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Thats no guarantee of success he still would have needed all those attributes I've mentioned in my previous post ,players get dropped from Academies all the time because either they don't develop sufficiently quick enough or better players come in to replace them , its a conveyor belt system and he may have become a better player for it but we'll never know , the world is full of ex players who didn't make it at the highest level .

13. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bony is struggling to get into Stoke. Swans are crying out for another striker.

Looks obvious next season?

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

And that situation is the fault of our stupid Chairman, who's incompetence in the summer transfer window reached new height's, staggering incompetence that he allowed both Bony and Joe Allen to go to Stoke, when they both would have jumped at the chance to come back to the Liberty!.................<ok>

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

That's where I must disagree , it wasn't incompetence ,it was a calculated and intentional act like the many others the c**t has carried out in the name of the Club , the very Club which he has now very likely committed to our demise , if we go down then it's highly unlikely we'll bounce back , we have no identity nothing which sets us apart from the 10's of other Clubs, some much bigger and better equipped to make a concerted effort on getting into the PL .Everything we stood for has now become bittersweet memories and I for one will never forgive him or his fellow rats .The whole lot of them should always be reminded of what they've done .

Stumpy, swanee, 55282 and 3 others like this.
  16. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

looks like a insider trading or inside job to me, then LOL!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  17. seabreeze

Pretty well , our first season up we basically went with the same team from the Championship , except for Graham and a few other minor role players .. but we had a team system in tow that came with us . We have no real plan now , except to try to find another system that doesn't require top money players . Took a lot of time to have the " Swansea Way " in place when we came up , will take as long again if/when we go down .

18. swanseaandproud

We wont have or will attract good quality players if we go down that you can bet on....We have more chance of ending up in Div2 than ever getting back to the premiership again.....There are bigger and better clubs than us that have failed and they have more of a chance than our small club. We either stay up now or the dream will be over

55282 and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  19. seabreeze

It depends on the manner in which we go down imo dai . If we spend crazy money ( which we didn't do in Jan ) and make deals that cost us a lot if we go down ( giving players control of their transfer in the summer if relegation is to happen ) , then I agree . But , with the right man in place and the players we retain I think weed have a chance to return right away , but that's me ..

20. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

@Matthew Bound Still Lurks ....Well if it was 'calculated and intentional act', then the sooner he's gone the better, I like to think though, that it all stems from his Ebenezer Scrooge mental disposition, with his bargain basement buys which he has been well and truly found out with, these last few season's, buys that have stacked up to about £30 Million of wasted transfers, which is why he has cost us a £14 Million loss on the last set of accounts, whichever way this season goes, there is still a huge job to be done with the squad, interesting times, in his favour to be fair, he brought in Paul Clement..............<ok>