1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bournemouth vs Arsenal Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, Jan 2, 2017.

1. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Also, I just saw a replay of Bournemouth's third goal again. Regardless of if you think Bellerin was fouled or not, there is absolutely no way Cech should have let Fraser's shot go through his legs, especially from such a tight angle.

He was also beat at the near post for the first goal and moved too early for Wilson's penalty (which was straight down the middle and had no power on it).

Shoddy performance from a player who is usually reliable.

2. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

Yes, but that was prior to him getting 2 assists and a goal...

That does make a bit of a difference on a players rating.

3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

To be fair Campbell did the same thing last Season. Despite putting in solid performances whenever he got games Wenger stuck with Chamberlain. (and now Campbells out on loan)

Same thing is happening with Perez. Hopefully Wenger will learn from his mistakes - but he rarely does.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Quilllogic likes this.
  4. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Wenger says that we succeeded mentally against Bournemouth so I guess thats all that matters.
    Dropping points obviously isn't important as long as the players heads are in the right place.
    Another load of tosh !

5. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Takes mental strength to come back from 3 goals down, a feat we've not managed in the EPL before. IMO though it takes as much if not more mental strength not to capitulate like a bunch of fannyfarts in the first place.

6. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Also:

* Feels a bit harsh on Giroud considering his recent form but I'd definitely go back to Sanchez as the starting forward. OG seems superb at impacting a match late on, bullying a tiring defence and so forth but we lose the fluidity we have when he starts.

* I also thought it harsh on Iwobi to be switched out of the no10 role after doing well there before.

* Saying that I did think "finally, Aaron gets a chance in that position"...and then he was sh*t.

* I shouldn't be a manager.

TheBear likes this.