1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

#boycottspurs

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what we do. Ashley doesn't give a toss about what we think or do. The obscene amount of money he'll get from tv revenue means he will be here until he tires of us. He will have us devoid of ambition and life until he decides. The bloke is an utter twat.

2. Frank_Pingel_Legend

Frank_Pingel_Legend Active Member

He does care. He cares about whether we go to SJP or not.

3. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Ashley does not like bad publicity one little bit. He doesn't like protests inside the ground [the stewards receive instructions to confiscate banners etc remember] and he doesn't like empty seats [the club try their level best to fill seats prior to games.]

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Was thinking about this - I have a sneaky that the fact this boycott made its' way to L'Equipe in France would have hit him pretty hard, squarely in the balls.

It's a sad situation - if we get our asses handed to us tonight by Liverpool, the boycott will have its' best chance to succeed. In a way, I'd just like to see it happen. Let's get twotted tonight, let's see less than 20,000 in the stadium vs Spurs and just see what happens. Might as well have something interesting happening at the club.

What is odd is if I owned a business and my MD managed to fck things up this badly, I'd have sacked him. Hell, I'd have rehired then sacked him again, one sacking wouldn't quite do it. That's what I find weird about the whole thing, we're clearly so abysmally 'managed'. I'd personally be relatively appeased to see Charnley moved on, at least it would show something to the fans, but what we have at the moment is a message from the owner that destroying fans morale and failure on the pitch is acceptable if the balance sheet is good.

Didn't Ashley sack Kinnear for doing an abhorrent job as DoF?

5. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

I'm amazed that fans still go to away games!! Whats the fecking point. It costs loads, U spend 90 mins looking at shiite and you come away feeling ashamed and dirty. Its like hooking up with a horrible prossy in Amsterdam!!!

Seabass likes this.
  6. Sheikh_of_Araby

It is reaching further afield that L'equipe. I think Ashley has seriously underestimated the level of animosity this time. I have said elsewhere that I'm expecting about 4-5,000 to 'boycott'. That may a pipe dream, however I suspect that should be we get embarrassed on TV tonight, that figure may not only be realistic, but actually be understating the depth of feeling. I respect people for boycotting, just like I respect those that decide to turn up. Personal choice at the end of the day. It would be fantastic though if we got a shockingly low turn out and the Sky broadcast was dominated by the empty seats. That would send out a powerful message. Forget about money. It would show that finally a group of fans was standing up to the money men ruining in the game.

I find it very odd that someone as under qualified as Lee Charnley has so much power at the club. He was a club secretary and has no prior knowledge of football. It's bizarre that he can pass judgements on the relative strengths of the playing and coaching staff. But, it's Sports Direct FC, so nothing surprises me anymore.

7. bishbosh

bishbosh Active Member

Hello everyone, I don't get on here as much as I used to but this boycott malarkey has got me interested. I'm not going to tell anyone what to do, I have no right. I made my protest a few years back and chucked my season ticket! I haven't been back to SJP since (apart from Steve Harpers testimonial - which just reinforced what a bunch of ****e our current crop of players are!) What I will say is that I hope those who boycott Spurs have a positive outcome. I don't find it an easy thing to be able to do. After all, the majority will be season ticket holders and so have already paid for their seats. It is very difficult to do something potentially damaging to the club you love. What I will say is that it would be better if all of the fans were UNITED in action or inaction. If everyone boycotted, it would have a much better visual effect, one which Sky and MA would not be able to cover up. Similarly, if no-one boycotted, it would send the message that we are UNITED in our love for the team.

So, like I said, I hope something positive comes from all of this. Whether it be a change in Mike Ashley's philosophy for the club or just a positive news story on the local news.
    Good luck lads and lasses! I will be watching with my fingers crossed!

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Cheers fella. Good to see you.
    The one thing we all agree on I think is that , however prompted... we'd like to see change at the club.

9. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I suppose if you say it to yourself enough times , you'll eventually believe it.

Repeat 100 times and see if it works
    It didn't work for me, but, apparently it does for some people.

'Mike Ashley Cares About What People Think'

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Ashley is like a Boro lass on a Saturday night.... Hell bent on sucking the life out of us.

AlanShearersKneecaps likes this.

11. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

Haven't posted in a while because Newcastle are making it more and more difficult to "care" about the club. Last game I went to was Leicester Away in the FA Cup, where Carver promised a strong line up the day before the game and then for all of our big players (if we have any) to drop out injured a day later. Not surprisingly they then went on to figure in our next league game which basically means Carver was told to play a weakened team.

I'm in full support of the boycott. I accept it's easy for me to say that because I don't live in Newcastle and my trips to St James' occur only once or twice a season. It's proven that going to the games, filling the stadium and supporting the team does nothing but encourage Ashley & Charnley to make bad decision after bad decision knowing there will be no consequences.

I'd actually like there to be a sustained boycott between now and the end of the season for ALL home and away games. We have zilch to play for. We aren't going to go down so I just think trying something is better than continuing with what we've been doing all season (supporting the team in large numbers both home and away).

12. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

All that will happen is that 47,000 will turn up to the ground. Just like a junkie looking for his next fix or hit, most fans cant help themselves. They hate themselves for their weakness but still they abuse themselves. Like them, i used to be an addict, but through counselling and vodka I managed to wean myself off watching 11 pieces of dog faeces slip and slide around a piece of mown grass whilst pretending to look like sportsmen!! Feck the lot of em!! Whats the point in any of it??

Apathy is the NEW GOD!!!

13. Sheikh_of_Araby

After Sissoko's antics last night I am more convinced that my taking a stand is the right thing to do. Captain? Don't make me laugh. Like Debuchy before him he cannot wait to get away. Gutless.

14. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

If we get a crowd of 47k then yeah it'll be a futile exercise. If it dipped below 40k then that'll be some sort of statement. Anything under 35k is a great effort in my opinion. People saying Ashley won't care are right to a degree, but Wonga, Puma and all other match day sponsers, caterers etc will. If we did it for a prolonged period it would turn the screw on the club/Ashley. Ashley doesn't want to put his own money in to the club, we NEVER have a net spend on recruitment so if profits drop it means even less new players, that in turn will lead to an even weaker playing squad which will then lead to relegation. Relegation means Ashley loses millions. It needs to be sustained for a period of time and then Ashley will have a decision to make, he either invests and runs the club properly or sells up. If he does neither he'll lose a small fortune.

It won't happen over night. If we stayed away for 7-8 games in a row it would have some sort of impact though.

15. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Again, you can't really level blame at Sissoko. He's a symptom of the apathy the club generates. He gave it a good crack, then the club reneged on any promises to strengthen. To me it just goes to highlight what a lack of understanding Carver has, he has absolutely no grip on this situation at all, he talked up Sissoko but in reality Sissoko is not a captain and by all accounts not wanting to play for this club. Carver can't manage for sh*t, and it's all well and good saying "we've got a head coach model" but it still only works if your club and your actions demand respect from your players.

16. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I honestly think the crowd will be less than 40,000.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  17. Sheikh_of_Araby

The aim is to get 10,000 to boycott. If you read various forums.

18. Heed

Heed well known cheat

FFS, Stop making excuses for the pr***.
    He's not being hard done by - if he thinks he is, then he's a bigger k*** then he came across last night.

19. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

If Apathy was a political party in the next election most people wouldn't even vote for it. Just remember not voting is a vote for the apathetic party.

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.