1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brentford v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Apr 21, 2017.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and taking your comments as simply playing devil's advocate.

If not...........I despair!!

deano58 likes this.
  2. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Not exactly but the reasoning behind each appointment at least had some logic, no one could really have predicted how they would turn out. But Les' role isn't just picking managers he's doing solid work along with Lee Hoos in making our club more efficient and sustainable, thanks to Les we are now investing properly in our youth players. Of course we should expect better results on the pitch but you can't lay that swuarely at Les' door.

3. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Who ever hired the managers is to blame imo

4. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

It's not rocket science, but why did he not get the extra points to make us safe and then try different systems/players.

QPR Oslo, deano58 and rangercol like this.
  5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

The 'myth' of 50 points being safe is a false one, Peterborough went down with 54 a few years back. The last six games always produce surprise results as the scramble to get away from the bottom intensifies. Many teams that are safe switch off or experiment but usually when mathematically safe, it's simple prudence rather than believing you'll be safe because you are 10 points clear of the drop...

QPR Oslo and rangercol like this.
  6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Blackburn have to beat Villa at home, and Brentford away. Two mid-table teams with little to play for, players looking forward to the summer break. It's doable.

I wouldn't bank on us beating Norwich at Carrow Road last game, so the Forest home game on Saturday is crucial, and it's vital Holloway puts out our strongest team.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  7. Frome-Ranger

Agreed but do we even have a strongest team? Ollie clearly doesn't know.

mcytiger and deano58 like this.
  8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

See you there Col. Perhaps we should organise a wake.

9. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Do the changes really make that much diffference? The core of the team is the same and the players train all week together surely playing together for far more than the 90 minutes we get to see. Whoever is selected ought to know well their given role and responsibilities within the team and those of their teammates too.

I think it is more the hoofball tactics employed than the team selection. With the exception of say, Goss and Petrasso, who I do not believe are quite yet upto speed, all the others should be good enough.

Notes: the above comments are made without prejudice to the possibly obvious footballing ignorance/naivety of the author. The aforementioned comments have been prepared without the benefit of physical attendance at a number of away fixtures, Brentford included. Despite previous posts the writer seeks not to endorse nor accept the performance of the executive management.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  10. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Exactly. What I been saying since we got to the 50 points.

11. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

The best attacking football I've seen us play this season involved Pawel playing wide right getting in good accurate crosses to Sylla. Don't get why Ollie uses them both so infrequently and why when he plays Pawel, he seems to hold him back and more centrally.

GoldhawkRoad and QPR999 like this.
  12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I cant wait for all the

qpherts likes this.
  13. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

And some want to give him a pre season fk that!!

SW Ranger and ELLERS like this.
  14. Frome-Ranger

Absolutely, not many teams play with proper wingers any more, I'm sure there's more goals in Smith and Sylla if we used Pawel properly.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  15. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

The bookies have us at 66/1 for relegation, and Blackburn at 4/9, fill your boots boys

16. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Agreed. The problem is that now he's messed around so much every week, our strongest team, whatever that may be, haven't played together as a unit and will undoubtedly not be as effective as they would had the retard kept a settled side, at least till we were safe!

See you there mate. I really fear that we may drop. Saturday is huge, so at least there should be a bit of an atmosphere (at least till we go behind!!).

SW Ranger and GoldhawkRoad like this.
  17. rajman

rajman Active Member

The way I see is that Ollie thought we were safe at 50pts as we were 11 pts from the drop and at least 6 teams below us, he's decided to start experimenting thinking we will be well safe.
    I don't think he's actually thought the teams below would pick up pts as they have... (I know he should have).
    2 games left and the permutations are there if Blackburn draw or lose to Villa on Saturday we stay up, if Birmingham lose to Huddersfield we stay up. Bottom line we just need to beat Forest and that's really all they need to be thinking about. They haven't won away since November so I guess we know what will happen

18. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I find that reassuring and worrying simultaneously.

I think we will be ok but then, as a fan, I would think / hope that anyway.

The bookies are rarely badly wrong but 66:1 is not 5000:1 like Leicester's title bid!
    The glitch is that Forest need the win and I am concerned about the 'not won away from home since November'. I am not in any way superstitious but we do seem to have helped clubs break those sorts of records on a far too regular basis.

The Ollie issue hinges around one simple piece of information. If he thought we were safe at 50 (naive but I can forgive that) and the tinkering has been with an eye to who stays, who goes then that is just about acceptable. If he's been trying his best,then just not good enough!

As others have said, it will be a cracking atmosphere to start with and I hope it will fire the lads up for a good display.

19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I was standing right behind the goal when it looked like Washington had scored. Even a Brentford player admits that it was in ...

Brentford defender admits QPR effort was over the line but says: "It's not my fault if there's no technology"

Barbet, who scored the opener against Rangers, headed the striker's effort clear but it looked as if a goal should have stood.

Brentford defender Yoann Barbet admitted that he thought Conor Washington's header had crossed the line in the Bees' 3-1 win over QPR.

Barbet, who scored the opener against Rangers, headed the striker's effort clear but it looked as if a goal should have stood.

Referee James Adcock and his assistants, though, decided that it was no goal and the Frenchman was not going to argue about the decision, citing the lack of goal-line technology in the Championship.

The Brentford defender said: “Honestly, I think the ball was in, because I was inside the goal. But it touched the crossbar and I don't know. It's not my fault if there's no goal-line technology.”

Next season, there will be the technology available to match officials in the second tier.

It's the second time that QPR have been involved in a 'ghost goal' debate after Washington's effort against Blackburn was ignored, despite the ball crossing the line.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...brentford-defender-admits-qpr-effort-12934048

20. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Next season and goal line technology can't come soon enough.