1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bring on the ... Forest. YES SEASON OVER!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, May 6, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I start this thread by uploading a picture of me in Oz - at where I currently sit writing this to you good folk. The game is on 12pm your time, and 9pm mine meaning thanks to Paddy / Bet365 due to the country I actually COULD watch the game at a reasonable time - sitting outside this library in the dark a 1.5kmh walk from our caravan park where they don't provide free wifi. I think I'll pass as I have to be up Monday 5.20am to pick some more avacados. day 85 / 88 done on the second year visa stakes, perhaps I'll stay in the land down under another year. We'll see!

Anyway, for the game. These are the odds which are borderline ridiculous with the bookies going along the logic of we have nothing to play for, Forest do and therefore they've 100% won the game...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/nottingham-forest-v-ipswich/winner

That would be going against the fact we very rarely, if ever lose three in a row under Mick and with Chambers / McGoldrick returning to the city ground I would imagine both would love the chance to send the tricky trees down.

Now while I'm not going to pretend this season has been fantastic as it's been a shower of s***, look at Forest for one second. Spend £5 mill rising to £8 mill on one single player in Britt Assombalonga.... plus wages plus everything else and he's out injured for a season. When it works it works.... when a player costs so much and they're crocked it's not funny and not something ANY championship club in my opinion should be doing. The costs have really well and truly spiraled out of control at this level. The sooner the bubble bursts the happier I will be.

Back to my " assessment " of Forest - similar stadium / fanbase and in this position final day... sad times. Looking at their squad on paper, they have plenty of talent and their wage bill must be through the roof.

Jack Hobbs / Manciene / Carayol / Fryat / Traore / and plenty others. They should be doing much much better. While we want more, it's fair to say 17 or so clubs fan bases probably demand top 6 each coming season and are disappointed.

I assume we'll have the same 11 give or take out as we did vs Wendy and probably given the situation come unstuck 2-0 or so. Though I have a feeling we could get something - I couldn't really give a toss and I doubt any of you do either.

I hope anyone going enjoys it as much as you can, people who can watch it from the comfort of your living room I envy you. COYB. This summer clear out cannot come soon enough!

Attached Files:

2. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Season has been over for a while.

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I don't think it ever really started!

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.
  4. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

First game was okay

5. Bigalreigned

False start!

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.
  6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Fair point <laugh>

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

We are after Luke Berry from Cambridge United by all accounts.

Would be a great signing if we can afford him! <ok>

8. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Oh and come on Forest and Blackburn!

9. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

:emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0159-music "Every loser wins............":emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0159-music

10. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Glad to hear you're having a good time down under Westy <ok>

The game is on at 4am for me so no chance I'll be getting up for it.
    This will end up a 2-2 draw.

11. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Nice one Westy! Nice to put a face to a name! I wonder what all you dudes look like!
    Parachute payments are killing this league for most teams. Like you say even a team like Forest have spent decent money albeit they shouldn't have on one player! Naive!
    Personally I'd like to see B'ham go down after all their nonsense but looks more likely Forest or Blackburn. Although Forest have reason to be slightly optimistic as we haven't won there since 199..something? 2-1 Forest

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  12. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

No worries people be good to meet more of you one day in the future and perhaps when the town are doing better.

Agreed re Forest Castro. I'd also love it if Brum went down, absolute disgrace regarding Gary Rowett. Very fickle chairman and borderline deluded fans in footy these days sadly.

13. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

I would have thought George Berry would be more likely, a MM type of player, although age may be against him!

14. Spanish

Am i the only one that thought ward fouled bart or at worse fifty fifty.

15. Spanish

This is a disgrace, we are awful, poor team selection, tactics and no desire!

16. Spanish

EMFUCKINGBARRASSING!

17. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

What a result for Forest to get us on the last day!

18. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

This is disgusting. We've done no favours to Mogga. Sooner Mick goes the better. Come on Bristol City!!

19. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I'm actually pleased we played like we did. Once again, the whole country (apart from sky sports commentators who continue their MM love fest) can see the sort of football we play and the lack of any sort of fight or commitment. The players do have to take their share of blame on this but tactics / positional play is down to the manager. Any potential signings who watched that are not going to want to play for us at present - we are a joke and I, along with many others will not attend PR again until the current management team is gone

20. Bigalreigned

Pathetic,our travelling fans have been dumped on again!
    And Mick says"In the end that game has summed up our Season''........no sh/t Sherlock<doh>

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Spanish and johnnywarksmoustache like this.