1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Bristol City polluted

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Feb 24, 2015.

1. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

anything exciting?

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Scapegoating immigrants and doing jack **** is what is wrong with this country. Scapegoating immigrants and doing jack **** is what is wrong with this country. We need to stop blaming others and get what is needed done!'

OK Einstein - I reckon we should control immigration, similar to Australia if you like.
    Now
    'We need to stop blaming others and get what is needed done!'

Like to hear your thoughts about 'what needs to be done'.

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Incident Manager if you mean what am I doing.....

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I travelled to AZTEC for 7 years from close to Whitchurch.. ... Stockwood M32 and M4 13 miles seems a bit short! ! basically either turn left or right at the bottom of sturminster rd.. depending on time in am, via a37 to Knowle and Talbot hill then causeway to M32 M4 M5 16/ 17 miles I think? about 30 mins plus.
    Tricks.. on M4 stay in Welsh lane till close to M5
    Stay in m5 south lane for a short stint before going down slip
    If busy on slip to A38 roundabout keep to right lane (option to go round under M5 if get caught out, you then have right of way)
    Would not advise approaching from Filton A38 unless you find an easy quick route to get to BAE/ RR/ AIRBUS roundabout on A38
    NOTE there has been a lot of road changes since my last regular trips but have been quite a few times to get there for PRE 9AM 40 mins would be max !

5. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

We need new railwayslike hs2, roads and airports
    We need millions of new affordable but not crap houses for the next generation
    We need more nuclear power plants, wind turbines and stuff like the massive tidal barrier in the Bristol Channel.
    We need more hospitals, schools and other amenities.
    We also need lots of offices and workplaces.

6. Redprintt

'We need new railwayslike hs2, roads and airports
    We need millions of new affordable but not crap houses for the next generation
    We need more nuclear power plants, wind turbines and stuff like the massive tidal barrier in the Bristol Channel.
    We need more hospitals, schools and other amenities.
    We also need lots of offices and workplaces.'

Dear Mr Miliband,
    When my boy was 7, he said :
    'It's ok Dad, take that card and go down to that hole in the wall, you can get loads of money from there'.

You're in a cuckoo wonderland, of course it would be great to have the above but I'm afraid miracles take longer.
    The more who live here the more strain on services,roads, schools, hospitals,prisons etc.
    We are an over populated island.
    Yet you're happy to have Hull move in again next year and the year after.....
    It can't go on Mr Miliband, it will be gridlock.
    And while we're at it Cameron - you're also a waste of space.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

**** me, I'm happy because I'm thinking of all that concrete to sell in that lot.

But if you consider it's costing 40 million to re build 2 and bit stands at AG. How much money do you think it would cost for that list?
    And please don't say tax, if taxes went up more, incomes would then be lower and the free spending would fall and then you will get a knock on recession.

8. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

I'd make tax avoidance illegal, and have a fine as the punishment (avoided tax +20% extra) If everyone paid their taxes we'd be half way there.

I'd give big companies like Amazon the ultimatum of pay you're taxes or you cannot trade here.

I'd use the banks that we own to give out lots of loans to those who could pay it back and make planning laws easier for houses, encouraging lots of private firms to build the houses.

9. johngalleyfan2

Spain bigger than us but population 15 m lower, Italy &France much bigger than us, similar populations Germany much much bigger than us yet population wise is 20 million more...

We have 261 known! people per sq km Australia 3 Holland have 405 Belgium 365 Spain 93 Germany 232 France 117.. SO MAKE PEOPLE GO WHERE THERE IS ROOM....Aussie Mongolia Canada!

10. Redprintt

'I'd make tax avoidance illegal, and have a fine as the punishment (avoided tax +20% extra) If everyone paid their taxes we'd be half way there.
    I'd give big companies like Amazon the ultimatum of pay you're taxes or you cannot trade here.
    I'd use the banks that we own to give out lots of loans to those who could pay it back and make planning laws easier for houses, encouraging lots of private firms to build the houses'

It would be wonderful if your sentiments and figures added up, sadly they don't.
    I'll bet you have Fairies down the garden.

RedorDead likes this.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I did it for years from 1998 onwards JGF2 but haven't made the journey in rush hour in a good while.
    I left home at 07.40 for a 09.00 on Monday and was 7 minutes late....great start !
    That was A37 to Broadwalk, down over Talbot Hill, A4, St Phillips Causweway, Barton Hill roundabout, through to the M32 etc. I was a journey from hell and took me so much longer than expected
    Since Tuesday I've been on a 07.30 start which has made the journey better, although it's still taking 40 mins even at that time of day

Lottery win please so I don't have to do this any more.....

12. johngalleyfan2

At that hour it may be a few minutes quicker to go via by pass to filton (bae) sometimes had to come home off a nights and went down GLOUCESTER ROAD, past sssssssssssssh you know where! to ADH past Brunel, bottom of hill left of garage down narrow lane turn left to M32 roundabout