1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bullard's at Ipswich...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by jayc89, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

2. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Every Ipswich post on that thread suggests they are happy about this, I think you'd struggle to find a single Hull fan who is unhappy about this! If I had a car i'd drive him myself as it is i'd definitely chip in for his taxi.....

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I know it's probably in the best interest of the club, but I don't want to see him go.

When we signed him he was far too good for our stature and now him playng in the championship is just silly. With this in mind I want to see him in the team ripping the division apart and actually achieveing something with us, be it this season or next. I think it'll be a massive shame one of the best players we've ever had leaves having achieved, erm, 1 player of the month award in 2 years.

Anyone see where I'm coming from?

4. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

On paper I completely agree with you, however we all know when he crosses that white line his head isnt in the right place. Perhaps he just needs a change of scenery himself. Whatever the reason, he is far to expensive for us, and whatever money we save can be used on players who will actually make a difference.

5. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

You mean when he snorts the white line up his nose his head's not in the right place?

6. RogerMellyspeaks

hear you loud & clear premier league tigers & when he's on his game he's too good for Championship but that's the point - his on his game moments are too far & few between & if only half of what has been rumoured re: off the field antics which I once persoanlly witnessed in Weir together with his salary then it's just untenable. NP is clearly building a team for the future & it's as plain as the nose on your face that JB is not in that plan - sad but true methinks....

7. TigerStar

TigerStar Member

I agree with what your saying, but lets be fair, even if he stayed he would get a few hours of football done and then be injured again, not worth having him on the wage bill IMO. Who knows, maybe he will dazzle Ipswich and they'll take him for good?

8. N

N Active Member

Is it just me or does the source look like one of those silly rumour sites? I hope it is true though. However we are still gonna be stuck with him next season as Ipswich won't take him full-time. Get the scooter started OLM.

9. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

I try not to get drawn into those rumours, especially as these pro's supposedly have regular drugs tests ;)

10. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Lets be honest we all have a friend who has seen Bullard getting drunk or doing something he should not have being, however there are some good course to and it is clear that Jimmy has not exactly being clean since coming to Hull. I don't expect them to be angels but some of the things he has done are getting on ridiculous

However on his day he is a class act, but how many of those days has he really had for us? In the championship, none. And thats what counts for me, he has done nothing this year and tbh he will probably go to Ipswich and do well, but if he stayed here he would not. He need a change, and maybe Jewell will do that for him.

11. mark2112

mark2112 Member

However on his day he is a class act, but how many of those days has he really had for us? In the championship, none.

Portsmouth away scored the winner only midfielder in the area......but far and few between imo.

12. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

Delighted! He's not lived up anywhere near to his potential, we all know how good he can be but it's not worth 45k a week to wait a month for him to score a pen or a tap in. When was the last time he created anthing amazing?? i can't think of any this season.

Maybe we'll dabble in the market again, like the Zayatte situation it'd be an unexpected sum off the wage bill. Even half of his wages would be as much as Zayatte was on.

Geovanni anyone??

13. kemptonrocker

kemptonrocker New Member

Are you lot mad? hes the best midfielder in the league when fit to be happy to see him go is mental.
    If we end in a play off push hes just the sort of player we need i dont want to be paying him £25000 to play for Ipswich id rather pay the extra 20000 and watch him do his stuff for us

14. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

That's the thing Kempton, he hasn't done "hist stuff" for a long time now.

No one doubt's his ability, more his attitude.

15. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

He plays now like a guy who knows one bad tackle will end his career

Shame because he is an incredibly gifted player but the club knew his knee was knackered when he signed
    Pretty big gamble to take which no other club would have done

16. kemptonrocker

kemptonrocker New Member

Hes played 5 games since a long lay off!
    Get him match fit and he ll do the buisness. him or harper in the middle is a question that dosnt need asking!
    As for his attitude every thing ive read about and heard about him in the dressing room is positive?

17. Clapham Tiger

Clapham Tiger Member

Cannot wait - he was mustard in his day but he cant commit to any tackles, which in a midfielder is suicide.

18. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

id like this to be a one month loan deal, they can get him back fit and firing and we'll take him after that, how about a month with them paying 10k and then if we dont want him still they can pay 25k for the rest of the season

19. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Credit where it's due, the last min winner against the piggies on Boxing day was worth 45 grand for that weeks work, but yeah other than that he's just not done it since November 09

20. GuiseleyTiger

GuiseleyTiger New Member

I think it would be sad if we lost Jimmy. Everybody expected so much from him from day 1 and we're all sadly disappointed. I think, given time, he would start contributing again... problem is... Have we go the time and money???