1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Elmos_right_peg, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Elmos_right_peg

Sorry to post this on here but me and the wife will be moving back to the homeland next year late jan earl feb depending on if we can find somewhere to live.
    I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Hull that has driving jobs as i will need a new job and would love to do driving and as i not had been driving for 3 years yet i cant do taxi driving.
    In all fairness if there any jobs going that dont require qualifications or that maybe do on the job qualifications for a 31 year old i am open to them too provided they dont need great letter writing or spelling as mine is shocking.
    Thanks in advance
    DT

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Cant help mate but good luck. Didnt you work with disabled people down there? Always jobs in that line of work, pay not too clever mind. But if you work your way up...

If you're willing you'll always get summat in the end.

3. Elmos_right_peg

Yeah i do have a qualification in health and social care for adults but after the last place i worked its massivly put me off working due to the way companies run, its all money and not about the people who need the care which sucks but thats what i will be looking at as a last resort.
    Thank you anyway

4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Not all care homes or care companies are the same fella and if it's sommat you enjoy, plus it sounds like you do care, it can be hugely satisfying.

Good luck.

5. Sunbeam-Tiger

Sunbeam-Tiger Active Member

Was in Asda Bilton the other week and they were advertising for drivers over the tannoy. Also on Hedon road Middlegate Shipping have a sign outside asking for drivers and to apply within.

6. Elmos_right_peg

Yeah i know not all are the same and as i say its something i know i can do so will use that as a last resort and it is massivley satisfying when its not all paperwork which is the problem as most care jobs are about 80% paperwork

7. Elmos_right_peg

Forgot to mention that my licience is only for cars and small vans which i drive a caddy at the moment for work around london and dartford but the company i work for is only down south and have no plans to expand up north which is a shame as the owner is from Hull himself will look into the middlegate one as they may have smaller vans

8. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Yodel are always advertising for drivers.

9. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

They are, but they're full of ****. They just keep you on a file. They recently shut down their Hull depot.

10. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

If you've got class one I may be able to help?

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Worth trying all the supermarket home delivery services, tesco, sainsbury, etc. You can drive their vans on a car license and I think the turnover in drivers is quite high.

12. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

Some of the delivery companies - FedEx for example - are looking more into having owner drivers.

You might need a bigger van and an upgrade in your licence mind.

There seem to be loads of those Lloyds Pharmacy / Boots vans dropping off prescriptions or Meter Plus fellas reading meters.

Don't know what the pay is like though.

13. Elmos_right_peg

Sorry greengrocer not got a class one but thank you anyway and as for the supermarkets my licience doesnt cover the vans they drive as far as im aware but thank you plum.
    I completly forgot about pharmacy places as they use the smaller cans i can drive will be looking into that cheers flg.

14. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

No problem.

My guess would be zero hours and minimum wage, but it may be more a case of just doing something to get some pay whilst you adjust back up here, rather than applying for endless jobs that you never get a response from.

Sometimes the best thing to do is search these things and then search again adding 'forum' to the search and see what others experiences are.

Also, Hull and the surrounding area does seem to be a hotbed for driver training, if the amount of trucks I sit behind at the junctions in Cottingham is anything to go by ;-)

Good luck and hope it works out.

15. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

By relative owns a driver recruitment company! Class 1 drivers are in very short supply because Not enough young men are taking the test, which is approx £800 but the rewards are a very good wage. That's the way forward because small van drivers are in abundance!