1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can we do it? Tension is mounting

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by EastneyPFC, Apr 8, 2017.

1. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

Another very good result today and our destiny is now really in our hands. I am quietly growing in confidence over what appears to be some real resolve/steel being shown by the team over the last couple of months. Credit to all of them, on and off the pitch. Yes we are an expectant crowd and have probably had some unrealistic expectations over these 3/4 years in Lge 2. I think we can do it, not counting chickens, just need to keep up this level of performance. PUP

2. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

I'm happy lowe scored his first goal, but regarding our form, I can't believe what is happening. I could literally cry. It's just..
    Indescribable. We could mathematically get promoted at the Cambridge game, which would be a great first game for my gf and would make up having to sit in the Milton end...

But I don't think we'll beat Plymouth.

3. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

If we can maintain our work rate, and manage to keep our remaining players fit, then I reckon two more wins and we are there. Stevenage getting hammered 4-0 by Colchester today, weakens their position, and leaves us 8 points clear of fourth placed Luton, with just 5 games to go.

With our superior goal difference, that means that Luton need to win 3 of their remaining 5 matches, with us failing to pick up any more points, which I would find hard to believe. We appear to be the "in form" team in this division at the moment, with a good squad of players, who are currently performing superbly.

It's literally ours to lose !

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Arf arf!!!!! That was bleddy close today. I really thought that our next game versus you of course was going to be the game in which you took our 2nd place. Not to be now but I'd guess it is still going to be a bit of a cracker for tension. I want to go on record as saying that we are not the best footballing side to have ever existed. We have not been the best away side even if the results suggest we might be. But somehow we seem to grind out a result away from home. I genuinely don't think we will win against you. A draw..........maybe. If by some stretch of the imagination we did manage a result we "could" be promoted at your place. Huge incentive for our players to do it and a huger incentive for your players to stop us.

p.s. I think you are going up now.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  5. antipodean exile

antipodean exile Well-Known Member

And not to have SB3 in the mix stirring things up starting outrageous threads its just not the same - Last seen on Jan 21st it would appear something is rather amiss with him<confused>