1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chairboys v Cottagers League Cup 1st Round 08/08/17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

We welcome the Cottagers to Adams Park for our second game of the season as we embark on a cup run hopefully.
    Gaz has promised to ring the changes but I don't expect him to mess to much with the defence and Browny will be in goal.
    The weather has changed to real football season stuff so early in August and as I only have t-shirts and shorts in my wardrobe I will be sitting this one out but hoping we can make it to the second round for only the second time in eleven years <cheers>

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hope we don't pick up any injuries because Saturday's game will be tough

3. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Can't see us getting anything out of this game but you never know. On another note how did Tyson play on Saturday was he a threat or is age catching up on him now?

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From what I can make out Rocky, he hardly saw the ball in the first half and the midfielders spent most of the time watching the ball being hoofed over them to the Beast who, incidentally, was played out of the game and knackered after half an hour. Probably an exaggeration but doesn't sound like effective use of a striker

5. Rocky blue army

I remember him when he was here before lighting pace and a good finisher hope he hasn't put on weight and more like blue slasher now <laugh>

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think he still has pace, judging by live text on a friendly, but he's being wasted if they don't give him something to chase or run with (the ball for example)

7. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Id be surprised if we got a result out of this one tonight - theres a reason we never get out the first round of this cup!!

Tyson had no service on saturday really, hes not as quick as before but still quicker than almost any other player on the pitch! I worry about him in a 433 though, same with southwell, as neither seem to suit it naturally

Rocky blue army and Ron like this.
  8. Rocky blue army

Apparently the game is being streamed live on youtube tonight

9. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Not a lot of shocks in the nearly 30 games last maybe Stanley's 3-2 win over PNE the only one. As for our game as least all of our out fit out field players have had some game time and hopefully no injuries

10. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

Oi, u ole git!
    He hardly got a kick on Saturday as the ball mainly sailed over the midfield going forward.
    Sounds like he showed good pace an touch last night, though I couldn't be arsed to go, so didn't see it live.
    Hayes, however, sounds like he can run about as fast as you these days Rocky!!!

I get the impression that Ainsworth believes with the limitations on squad size and wages that we only way we are able to compete is by hard work and the physical aspect of the game. It seems though that most teams get pretty wise to this now and fight fire with fire. Then we end up with these games that are very stale, lack space and quality - generally dire to watch.
    We do sometimes flirt with a bit of football when we play cup games and it can make for an interesting spectacle. I am not complaining about Ainsworth and appreciate what he has done for the club, but I am not wholly sure he would play a different style if he had the finances behind him.
    In summary, expect plenty more of the same!

11. Rocky blue army

Morning slasher .
    How's your neck watching all that hoof ball. It's clear we need a Zebroski on the wing and a matty Harrold up front then <laugh>

12. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

You ought to come down and watch Rocky. At least then you would be able to get one thing stiff :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Rocky blue army likes this.