1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship Fans – Sounding Board Sept 2014

Discussion in 'Rotherham' started by daib0, Sep 3, 2014.

1. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

OK, calling all championship fans – we’ve all got time on our hands right now, so - the quickest of all surveys coming your way, it’ll take 30 seconds only! So all in please by Friday 12th SEPTEMBER - before our next league games, not this weekend but the next. You haven’t got to answer every section, just those that you like! Around 20 clubs in on this ...

Here goes –

1 * The BEST championship team of the season so far, by attractive play on the pitch, in your opinion?

2 * The biggest surprise package – which team has fared much BETTER than you initially expected?

3 * The biggest disappointment – which team has fared much WORSE than you initially expected?

4 * The best individual summer/close season transfer in your opinion? (not including your own club players here)

5 * The most interesting young hope, in your opinion? (not including your own club players here)

6 * Your wild guesses as to the next THREE championship clubs to part with their manager, for whatever reason?

I’ll get the conclusions back in a couple of weeks. No scientific way of doing it, but simply by using common sense. Most replies will be copied over and rested on this Royals Rendezvous topic for posterity! - http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10165192/1

Enjoy it!!

Daib0/David

2. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Here you have EVERY reply from just on twenty different forums - http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10165192/1 - and every user name is credited for his/her efforts.

So what's happening? Well, there's a similar story on various questions so far; whilst fans obviously favour their own team Forest and Wolves are felt to be the most attractive sides.

However, the best surprise team of the season so far is rather shared out; at the other end Fulham seems obviously for the overwhelming majority of fans to be the most disappointing, unfortunate, though it's never seen as personal vendetta.

Then Leeds and Blackpool far and away the sides most likely to have a change of manager soon. Sorry to say Rotherham hardly feature anywhere as of yet!!

Best transfer and most promising youngster is also interesting, with so many different suggestions. I've also re-produced a few humourous comments as they all add a bit of spice to things!

The final resume will be a bit more specific and meticulous on my part, so keep them coming in for a few days more if you're looking in for the first time! The more entries from your forum will probably result in benefit your forum in the end calculations!

Have a great weekend lads and lasses ...

daib0 / David

3. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

So ... last couple of days for the last replies guys – LAST CHANCE! - I’ll take late Friday night as cut-off point. I’ll be going through every entry one by one – and noting down every team suggestion and individual player suggestions. The resume will be as precise as I can make it, early next week ...

In the meantime, if you’d like to see EVERY reply from every forum up to today Wednesday, well, I have noted them all down here: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10165192/1
    Last time of counting I think we were at over 80 in!! So some authority this survey should have – anyway, stay tuned !

4. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Hello all Championship fans!

As promised I’m coming back to report on the findings of our survey. As I previously said, this is no scientific study; it is for championship fans by championship fans. We’ve just tried to use common sense. Not everybody answered every question, so percentages for total number of entries of some sort – EIGHTY THREE received - don’t apply as such, so I’ve taken the number of votes for a particular selection and left it at that. Occasionally somebody couldn’t decide between two options, so I noted both - and we’ve included both.

Most interesting reading, so let’s take it question by question.

1 * The BEST championship team of the season so far, by attractive play on the pitch, in your opinion?

On this, Wolves have proved to be the team regarded with the best attractive football play, though Forest and Watford are also seen very favourably. I should clarify that I was not looking specifically for the ‘best’ team as such but rather the most ‘attractive’, and certainly the most attractive/interesting for a neutral fan. However, even so, I think you are all saying that these following teams all have high possibilities of finishing very high up in the final table. Here goes for the votes cast:
    27 – Wolves
    18 – Nottm Forest
    15 – Watford
    10 – Derby
    4 – Bournemouth
    3 – Sheff Wed
    1 – Middlesbrough, Wigan and Huddersfield

2 * The biggest surprise package – which team has fared much BETTER than you initially expected?

This was a difficult one to answer because we had the two concepts of A) surprise compared to other teams in the division and for even more of you B) surprise in that a more modest team had done better than expected of itself. So this dealt more with surprise teams being a ‘surprise’ than what might be expected by history, finances etc. and here Millwall and Charlton were obviously your first choices, with newcomers Wolves again faring very well. The exact votes were:
    26 – Millwall
    22 – Charlton
    15 – Wolves
    4 – Brentford
    3 – Nottm Forest
    1 – Leeds, Blackpool, Watford, Norwich, Ipswich, Rotherham and Bournemouth

3 * The biggest disappointment – which team has fared much WORSE than you initially expected?

This has been the most unanimous part of the entire survey – I am very sorry Cottagers, but Fulham stand out alone here. Still, things are very much in the early days yet – maybe here I should mention that as a Reading fan myself (though try to be impartial in Inter-Forum stuff!!) I can vividly remember just three seasons ago the Royals being pen-ultimate in the Championship after 6 games, and went on to take the title! Or even last season when Blackpool stood first in the division at this point, yet went on to dangerously flirt with relegation towards the end of the season. So there’s hope for everyone! Anyway, votes cast in this section were:
    67 – Fulham
    3 – Wigan
    2 – Reading, Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Blackpool and Leeds
    1 – Derby and Brighton

4 * The best individual summer/close season transfer in your opinion? (not including your own club players here)

Here there are simply too many names (twenty eight in fact) to mention every one, but the top voted (5+) mentioned figures were the following, all likely to be major influences in their teams’ fortunes this season:
    16 - Grabban (Norwich)
    15 – Assombalonga (Forest)
    7 – Wilson (Bournemouth)
    5 - Vetokele (Charlton)
    5 – Vydra (Watford)

5 * The most interesting young hope, in your opinion? (not including your own club players here)

Here again we had two dozen suggestions, so I limit myself to naming only the top few (5+ votes); all would seem assured of brilliant future careers! -
    17 - Hughes (Derby)
    6 – Roberts (Fulham)
    6 – Wilson (Bournemouth)
    5 – Assombalonga (Forest)

6 * Your wild guesses as to the next THREE championship clubs to part with their manager, for whatever reason?

Here I think we can safely say there are 5 or 6 front runners, they seem the likely ‘suspects’ to me. With the question of Leeds there is obvious substantial insecurity, for the answers are directed at the next manager who we do not yet know! The exact figures were:
    60 – Fulham (Magath)
    52 – Bolton (Freedman)
    36 – Blackpool (Riga)
    33 – Leeds ( ? )
    26 – Birmingham (Clark)
    11 – Cardiff (Solkjaer)
    4 – Middlesbrough (Karanka)
    3 – Brighton ( Hyypia) and Reading (Adkins)
    2 – Blackburn (Bowyer)
    1 – Ipswich (Mccarthy) and Forest (Pearce).

So, who’s happy with the results? Sure to be some “I told you so’s” later, but a large fan indication usually holds some weight!

I’d be very happy to hear your thoughts on how these turned out, so feel welcome to post a summary – above all, I hope you enjoyed it!!

daib0/David – “Royals Rendezvous”

5. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Mm
    Let me help,you.
    Nobody gives a **** you boring tosser.
    Get a ****ing life you atmosphere Hoover.

Is that clear enough?

6. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

we got hundreds of contribution posts so one solitary post against means nothing.

7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

It means their a few hundred saddos out of the millions of supporters out there.

Take a dispassionate eye and read ur report and ask yourself was it worth the air you breathed writing or reading it.
    The answer is no btw.