1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship promotion odds after Deadline Day: QPR highly backed, Leeds price slashed

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Sep 3, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Championship promotion odds after Deadline Day: QPR highly backed, Leeds price slashed
    Tim Poole @TimPooleSport
    Published now
    Queens Park Rangers look in good shape, while bookies have changed their minds somewhat on Leeds.
    View image | gettyimages.com
    please log in to view this image

QPR and Leeds United can both be backed at low prices for promotion from the Championship following the closing of the transfer window, according to Sky Bet.
    Indeed, Middlesbrough remain favourites with bookmakers for promotion, with Hull City close behind. But the R's can be backed at 4/1, while Leeds are now at 12/1 - they were as high as 33/1 at the start of the window.
    QPR
    QPR currently sit fourth in the Championship after five league games, having won three on the bounce. And news of the division's top scorer staying at Loftus Road is sure to boost their odds.
    Indeed, Charlie Austin remains a QPR player at least until January, with Matt Phillips also staying in west London. Both are Premier League standard players.
    SEE ALSO: Tony Fernandes gives verdict on QPR's business, Phillips tweets about future
    Leeds United, meanwhile, are 10th after five games, with seven points to their name. But what's intriguing is the fact Uwe Rosler's men are unbeaten, having recently won at Derby County.
    Leeds were thrown a grueling schedule to start the season and still managed not to lose. Should no downturns in form be forthcoming, United could prove an even stronger unit after an international break - and the Deadline Day addition of winger Jordan Botaka.

2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Thanks Kiwi. I looked the odds up yesterday and was encouraged. The bookies are right more often than they are wrong (the house always wins) but, of course, there is no guarantee.

I think Charlie and Matt staying, both with good attitudes, application and work rate, is immensely important. The team spirit appears to be good and that contributes significantly to winning ways.

Cautious optimism and who know? Perhaps another day at Wembley!

3. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

The Charlie and Matty factor has changed the prospects. Angella signing has also contributed. If I were more active on the betting sites, I probably would have made a killing.

4. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Not too sure where he's got these odds from,we are currently pricing the Superhoops up at 12/1 to win the Championship in from 16/1.I think the same odds are readily available in other high street bookies.The interesting one is Charlie to finish top scorer in the league,a week ago we had him priced up at 25's,we now go a best price 7/1!That 25/1 looks absolutely massive now,with a quarter the odds for a first four finish.Surely only injury,or a January departure can stop him finishing in the top four!

5. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Top 1 October 12/1

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Sky bet apparently