1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Charlie Austin Stuff

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by durbar2003, May 31, 2015.

1. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Since we got relegated (before Xmas last year!!), I always thought Charlie would stay. Now that NUFC have said they won't go to £15m and Villa are looking to sign Adebayor, I think I'm right. I bet Sir Les has sat him down and had a word about the possibility of him emulating Les's success.

2. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

All in all, I hope Austin and Phillips stay with us.

Didley Squat likes this.
  3. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

It's funny how all the QPR fans think he's worth a fortune but no one in the football world seems to agree!

TWGWTDT likes this.
  4. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Les' success was in the Premiership though not in the relative oblivion of the Championship.

Swords Hoopster. likes this.
  5. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Yes, because when you buy a player you jump straight up to the holding team's initial asking price and don't play any hard ball.

<doh>

Peter Damage likes this.
  6. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Durbar 2003.

You will not find a less deluded bunch than us. We are basing Austin's valuation on many things bust mostly the fact he scored 18 goals in a very (very) poor side so 15-18 mill is not unreasonable. He is nowhere near the player that Benteke is but good value. We would be delighted if no one buys him as he would score 25-30 in the Chumpionship.

Perhaps £1m per goal is not a bad benchmark. Would be interesting to value strikers in that way!

7. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Interesting but could never be. A goal in a cup final is somehow not the same as a consolation goal in a 1-4 drubbing.

8. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

But a goal is a goal and strikers are worth their weight in gold.
    A cup final goal or a consolation is still a goal.

9. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

10. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Have to say, I'm surprised we've still got them. Perhaps everyone thought that we'd be desperate to sell given the FFP fine, When we get to the end of the window, I'm pretty sure the offers will come in. I also get the impression that all three have bought in to the latest project so here's hoping.

11. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

That's just not true, we are not completely daft. A 15m valuation is not a fortune by present-day standards, surely?

12. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Sorry Swan but to me 15 million is a fortune! (And don't call me Surely)

13. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

It probably goes like this ................. if he only had one name, came from Europe but had yet to prove himself in the PL, he'd go for 30-35 million BUT because he's already proved himself as a leading PL goalscorer and he's from QPR, he's not even worth 15 million, so they seem to think ................ go figure!

In truth, he's worth every cent of what we want for him.

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR and Charlie Austin confirm transfer deal they are looking for Chris Ramsey has laid out exactly what both Charlie Austin and Queens Park Rangers are looking for, if a club wants to buy the striker. 13 hours ago by Jim Robertson Share Chris Ramsey has laid out exactly what both Charlie Austin and Queens Park Rangers are looking for, if a club wants to sign the Championship side’s star player. Going into a surprising amount of detail, Ramsey claims that the striker will stay at Loftus Road if nobody satisfies both player and club demands, though he accepts it is unlikely he won’t be sold in this transfer window.
    The QPR boss insists: One club (Leicester) have offered £12m which QPR rejected. QPR are looking for over £15m. Austin wants a team in the top half of the table. Charlie Austin has turned down a number of offers already The Striker could well be still at QPR when the season starts (but the transfer window is still open) in two weeks time. Taking Chris Ramsey’s words at face value, it would appear to rule out Newcastle United, unless the reference to a ‘top half of the table’ team could be construed as a club which could/should be there with credible investment in the squad.
    As for an insistence on over £15m, there have been numerous claims from journalists close to Newcastle United claiming their top offer would be some way short of even £15m, never mind over that figure. I still can’t imagine Mike Ashley being willing to pay what it takes and pay the kind of wages a player already with a track record in the Premier League would demand, rather than the likes of Wijnalduma and Mitrovic who have come from the lower waged Dutch and Belgian leagues.
    I also tend to think that Mitrovic and Austin are two quite similar players, so unless the thinking is to have a partnership like Shearer and Ferdinand (that’s something to live up to…) had at St James Park, I don’t see how they are an ideal fit in this modern era of only one up front etc etc Chris Ramsey talking to Talksport “With a player of Charlie’s ability, there will always be speculation and we have had offers that we’ve rejected. “We’ve been offered £12million and turned it down, so we’re looking in excess of £15million.
    Goalscoring is not something you can coach, it is just a habit that some people have.” Top half of the table team: “We have to be realistic and it is unlikely he will stay, we want to keep him but it is unlikely. The club’s in a financial position that it needs to recoup some money and I think for his ambitions he wants to keep playing in the Premier League to go to the Euros. “He’s aiming to go to a team that’s in the top half of the table, if he doesn’t then he could stay.
    We have had offers that Charlie himself has not been happy to take on.” Still at QPR for the start of the season: “At the moment, he’s a QPR player and he’s working hard in training. I’m having the idea that he will be here into the season. “If he is here during the season then he is going to be someone that we want to use.”
    - See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/07/qpr...al-they-are-looking-for/#sthash.MzA3kEDZ.dpuf

15. Littlelegs

Littlelegs Active Member

Good on you CR, for too long have we been bullied into selling players at a loss...

16. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Lordy these news outlets have spun several articles out of the same couple of lines from CR on Talksport, dare i say even put a few lines of their own in as well. Nothing has changed, one official bid and a load of newspaper tittle tattle since. Austin himself has kept a dignified silence so no one really knows what his thoughts are, the only footy tweets he's made have been about pre season. Logic would suggest that someone will meet the askjng price before the window closes but you never know.

17. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Everton now interested

18. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Austin won't be here by the end of the window. I sense another Remy situation.

19. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

He's worth every penny and will do the job for a strong team next season. Spurs for example spend lots of money on these foreign players who just don't deliver. Austin will deliver.

20. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Someone's offered 12m already. Not bad for someone with a year left on their contract. Still, you know best apparently.