1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlton

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

The FA have changed, maybe not enlightened but FA coaching philosophies are now closer to Clough than they were.

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Coaching I don't doubt that. Not sure the board of directors etc have, particularly in regard to recruitment.

3. Cliftonville

In regards to recruitment what would you like to see?

The FA have tried foreign, experienced, English and now younger.

NickH likes this.
  4. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Agree - the England job truly is the impossible job. I'd wager a number of the more elderly members of the board ripped into Sir Bobby right up to before WC Italia 90 (maybe even up to the end of the group stage), but call him a legend now.

5. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Well first and foremost, recruitment of better coaches, or better yet, better training of existing coaches. The number of top-level coaches that we have in comparison with other nations is shocking, and it's no wonder our players don't have the capability of those in other countries.

I'd like the FA to rectify the issue whereby young players can't get game time. These U23 leagues, etc are clearly not quite the answer. The answer is to stop the blockage of players getting through to be on the fringes of the first team rather than foreign-bought players. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done with the Premier League.

And in addition to the above, I'd like to see the FA amend this Youth Category system. It's all well and good in theory having the best players training at the best clubs with the best coaches. But in reality, if they're never going to get a look in, it's a) pointless and b) an absolute pisstake to the club who first had said player, and who could have kept him, played him in the first team, and maybe made a bit of money in the future. As it stands, the money they would get is a set amount and is relative peanuts.

6. Cliftonville

I widely agree however the FA cannot reform the EPL. The FA is riddled with people who have direct links to the EPL who block reforms that do not favour the EPL = Unfortunately, that's easier said than done with the Premier League.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017