1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ched Evans new evidence.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by grandpops, Oct 5, 2015.

1. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Footballer Ched Evans has had his rape conviction referred to the Court of Appeal by the Criminal Cases Review Commission.

The CCRC said it made the decision because of new information that could have helped 26-year-old Evans' defence if it had been raised during his trial.

The former Sheffield United striker was convicted of raping a 19-year-old woman and jailed for five years in 2012.

After his release from prison in 2014, a return to Sheffield and possible moves to Hartlepool and Oldham Athletic broke down amid protests from high-profile supporters and sponsors.

Richard Foster, chair of the Criminal Cases Review Commission, said: "The decision of the Commission is not a judgment on guilt of innocence in relation to Ched Evans, nor is it a judgment about the honesty or integrity of the victim or any other person involved in the case.

"Our role is to consider applications to see if, in our judgment, there is any basis on which to ask the court to hear a fresh appeal - that is our statutory responsibility.

"In this case we have identified new material which was not considered by the jury at trial and which in our view might have assisted the defence.

"In those circumstances, it is right and proper for the matter to be before the Court so that they can decide whether or not the new information should affect the verdict in this case."

A statement on the website backing Evans' bid to overturn his conviction said the forward was thankful for support from football fans, in particular those from Sheffield United.

The statement said: "Ched and those who closely support him, have always maintained that he was wrongly convicted and using new information that was not presented at his trial, we expect that in time his conviction will be quashed."

A lot of people are going to look stupid if the conviction is overturned.
    Plenty jumped on the band wagon.

2. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

A lot of people are going to look stupid if the conviction is overturned.
    Plenty jumped on the band wagon
    .[/QUOTE]

Agree entirely

3. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

There was a lot of debate on here about this a while back.
    I think if there was any doubt about him being guilty it wouldn't have been referred.
    But fair play to the lad, he has chased this case tirelessly to prove his innocence and because of his determination to show he is innocent I hope he gets a better hearing than the first time.

4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

If he is found not guilty, which we all pretty much think is the case, will she be named, shamed and sent to prison? Of course not.

Class of 73 and Gil T Azell like this.
  5. crumble bungle

I doubt it very much, there should be something put in place for potential injustices.
    Wonder if ched will sue her and the police for lost earnings, and everything else he has been tarnished with?

6. grandpops

And the clubs who branded him?

7. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

I've read some of the evidence and watched the CCTV footage that clearly makes her account questionable to say the least. + her social media messages bragging the day after promising her mate holidays and a new mini out of the money she thought shed be getting

I think all he's guilty of is cheating on his lass with an opportunist who thought she'd earn some £ out of it

MrRAWhite likes this.
  8. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Duplicate post

9. Nathan Brazil

Nathan Brazil Well-Known Member

Hard to have sympathy with him.

10. crumble bungle

Sorry mate but if he is found innocent of the charge of rape he will have my upmost sympathy.
    The people who found him guilty due to the lack of defence evidence and then those that jumped on the bandwagon, especially the media which was a massive campaign against him while he was still fighting his innocence makes my p*ss boil. Total character assassination from the media.
    The media should not have been allowed to publish their opinions while he was fighting for a hearing.
    If he is or was guilty then he deserves what he gets but like I said on an earlier post this looks like it was rigged all day long.
    Just hope he is found innocent and he takes the media, the football clubs and that bitch to the ****ing cleaners.

11. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Ched Evans name is tarnished now -guilty or not - same as Adam Johnston - it will take a massive media about turn to return each players reputation

12. Nathan Brazil

Nathan Brazil Well-Known Member

To be clear(er)
    Whether innocent or guilty, his deplorable behaviour dropped him in it, so no sympathy for any sh1t he's dropped himself in.

13. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Although we have to be very careful not to lessen the act of rape, what he did many men do every weekend, leave a club/pub with excessive amounts of alcohol consumed & have sexual intercourse. But, for him to be found guilty, the most puzzling thing for me was, how was the other guy not held to account, that made the whole conviction very strange. Fully expect him to be cleared of the charges, even though the whole situation was very sordid.

Class of 73 likes this.
  14. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

It isn't just men. Look at that 21 year old lass babysitting an 11 year old. Most bizarre what his dad did!

There is a stigma when men are the victims.

15. grandpops

The dad gave her one as well didn`t he?

Proper slag that one like.

16. crumble bungle

you got her name and address, I need something like that myself :emoticon-0136-giggl

17. pauljohnhutch

pauljohnhutch Well-Known Member

I hope he's found not guilty so I can wash that goofy cockney know all bitch's mouth out with carbolic live on morning bitch's or what ever it's called bunch of know fack all's

18. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Can anyone translate?

19. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

I can translate Spanish into English :emoticon-0105-wink:

Does that help :emoticon-0100-smile

20. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If he's totally cleared I hope he sues everyone involved and bleeds them dry!

grandpops likes this.