1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea vs Boro

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, May 2, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Boro & West Brom games are Achilles for us. If we can maintain 4 point lead going into our last 2 games - we will be golden.

So, Boro is our first huddle.
    Friday's Spam v Spuds game will make or break this game psychologically for us.

Traore if starts will tear Cahill & Alonso new ones. But,
    Thibo if he bothers to show up, should be able to take care of Boro's attack (crosses from Downing & Stuani or Traore).

If Boro get the first goal, we are doomed. They will shut shop. Their Defense is good.

If we get first goal, we will likely get all 3 points.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You're a ****ing bell end Stan <laugh>

Boro cannot score for toffee.
    They were robbed at the weekend though, see Man City if you want to look at **** defences.
    They will park the bus.
    I want Costa and Hazard to be on their game here, because Boro will need unlocking.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

We need to start Cesc in this game as well.
    We will need more attacking impetus because there is no way Boro are going to come at us.
    Matic and Kante both in midfield will be defensive overkill.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I disagree. Boro need the 3 points. 1 is not good enough and will all but seal their fate. They will come at us as they did city which will play into our hands.

StanDMan likes this.
  5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

If they come at us we will anhilate them.
    Our defence isn't half as porous as City's, despite Stan says.
    If they leave space for Costa, Pedro and Hazard, they will have a field day <ok>

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

If Hull win this weekend, Boro will be all but down but will need all 3 points to even have a mathematical chance. Could play to our favour.

But I've got my Stan hat on so we will lose 4-0, Cahill and Alonso with 2 own goals each....;)

7. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

We'll win this with WHOEVER is selected to play.Got a feeling spuds will slip
    up on friday.

8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I always fall into the trap that teams who are down there will come out attacking because they need the points. That never happens, they will do what they always do, shut up shop until the 80th minute (and if they are still drawing) will open up in a panic as their season is nearly over.

StanDMan likes this.
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I'd go with Hazard and Costa on the bench and start Cesc where he played 2 games back, more up front, with Willian and Pedro. Guile, skill and speed will be our best weapon for at least the first half, not brute strength. Cess has the guile, Willian and Pedro the speed and skill. If we get an early goal, we should be able to run the show, with the option of Hazard and Costa as subs if needed.
    I think we will be facing 7across the middle all match and Cesc is our best shot of finding a way through.
    Hate these games though, for some reason we too often struggle to break down the bus parkers.

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Hazard has to play. He's the most likely to produce that bit of skill out of nowhere to open a team up. Boro will literally have to win this game to have any chance of survival so whilst I don't think they will go for it from the off and play a really open game, they wont be able to just sit back either.

In theory this should be a routine win but you never know - especially as nerves will no doubt start to play a part if Spurs have won. They took Spurs very close when they played them at the lane a few weeks back.

I'm going 2-0 though.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

We are certainly seeing this one differently, but I agree with you on the score, think we will do better than 1-0 as well !!

12. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Costa and Hazard are starters and I don't see any changes since the Everton victory, if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

13. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I'd put Fabregas in for Matic as i expect us to control the game. We should be looking at a comfortable victory and nothing else.

Bodinki likes this.
  14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yup, i agree with this also.

Boro have hardly been able to score for toffee this season.
    I am sure we can handle them without Matic.

15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Current form Matic is no better than Cescy. So I agree going with Cescy probably in the 2nd half from 46th minute.
    Nothing more.

Still a risk Defensively, with Cescy + Kante combo. So, 1 legged Matic > than 4 legged Cescy!!

If Ake gets in, he can protect Cescy & Kante to a better state.

I see some surprises from Conte to keep it fresh, like he has done in the last 2 crucial matches.
    Only way for us to reach the title.

P.S. Thibo family had a new baby boy 2 days ago. That explains past few games.
    I hope he will be ready to pull trees against Boro, coz Boro's aerial bombardment is too much. We need Thibo high time.

16. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Boro have the worst goals 'for' in the division. I'm sure we can cope!

To be honest, we shouldn't be looking at this game as a tough 3 pointer, we should be looking at it as a way of trying to bridge that 6 goal difference gap with Spurs.

Like in 2010 when we battered teams at the bridge in the run in.

Play Fabregas and lets go for a big win.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  17. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

If Traore doesn't start Fabregas can be started. But if Traore runs at our Mid & Defense with Fabregas, we are screwed.

18. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

You worry way too much! They have Traore we have Hazard, Costa, Pedro and the rest.

We're a far better team than them and now is a good opportunity to show that we're the best team in the league.

StanDMan likes this.
  19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

The players will be massively buoyed by the west ham result. I expect nothing short of 3 points and a performance befitting of champions elect. Hull losing at the weekend gave boro an outside sniff at survival but they are where they are on merit and we should win relatively comfortably.

But 4 points out of the next 2 games would be acceptable so we can win it in front of our own fans.

20. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Luiz and Kante doubtful waiting for more news no players confirmed or not as yet.