1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chester visit Saints to discuss 'The Southampton Way'

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Jan 29, 2015.

1. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

2. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

Take Pelle on loan <laugh> could have asked for someone other than our sole striker. Its important that the club can build ties with other clubs, if they have any talented youngsters we will have them here for half a season then go 50 50 when we sell him to Arsenal

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

4. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

Smart guys, these from Chester. Trying to learn from the best.

5. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I think this is going to happen a lot. Some clubs will be too dyed-in-the-wool or proud to come and talk, but I'd expect practically a near avalanche if Saints take their sustainable vision into the Champions League. Gary Neville was only speaking to Les Reed the other day about club structure and philosophy because he is trying to adopt the right one for his Salford City club, and he believes Saints are the future in the UK.

6. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

As a resident of Chester I was delighted by this. Well spotted DTLW; this is exactly the kind of obscure bit of news that makes this forum special. Saints fans will be delighted to know that Chester fans are already half-Saints - they loath Pompey! They were seriously pissed off that, as they see it, Pompey "got away" with murder on points deduction and HMRC deals. Chester were hammered and then finally wound up as they owed HMRC c£25k.

Their rise from leagues that we didn't know existed to be playing in the Conference Prem teams is remarkable, and I hope they were able to gain from their time at SFC. Chester are never going to be a rival to SFC, and even talk of being a feeder club is fanciful - there are plenty of big fish around here who take the talented youngsters. They can aspire to regaining their league status and being a decent League one team, and that's about it. When you've been where they've been as a club this would be dizzy heights. Given this, we have to see the gesture from Saints as purely altruistic, so a huge well done to them. It is this sort of thing that makes me proud to be a Saint as much as the success the team enjoys.