1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chris Lines Returning?

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by AGasfan, Mar 8, 2015.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

According to the WDP Chris Lines has been told to earn himself a contract by helping Rovers to get promoted back into the league

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I only found out about this deal on Tuesday where I been unwell. Im still feeling rough now but not as bad as I have been!

What I remember from Lines being with us, he showed up for about 25 minutes of the game and the rest of the time was like we only had 10 men on the pitch. I know this split the fans as some thought he was great and some though he was poor. My take on him was 25 minutes was great and 65 minutes poor. But that was in league 1. I believe he would give us more at our current level. As long as DC and the players can keep Lines feet firmly grounded and fully prepare him what this league is all about because if Lines thinks this will be easy, he will be rolled over! If he accepts this advice then I think he would be a great signing and I would expect him to dominate play in games, especially with the experience he has gained since he left us.

With Mansell and Brown taking the free kicks, I would be interested to see if Lines takes over as he was good at set peices. I remember his free kick at Swindon in our 4-0 win.

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I really hope he doesn't get too much stick from the terraces...

4. old timer

If the Gas want promotion then we have to get behind all the players not just the ones that we think are the best things since sliced bread. The only way forward is to give 100 hundred per cent support to the team just like we expect the players to give to us supporters and the shirts they wear

5. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

set up a goal on the weekend and played ok generally from what I hear.... we will see what happens tomorrow!

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i remember hearing the commentator saying after 3 minutes into the 2nd half that he mentioned lines name more in the 1st 3 mins of the 2nd half than he did in the entire 1st half.

im prepared to give him time to adjust to this league but i already know some who havent after the 1st half display. they said he hasnt changed at all from when he was with us before. hopefully he will settle in and adapt and prove his doubters wrong.

7. Chris-Gashead

He does need time - otherwise I could say Easter is ****e after the weekends performance lol. I think Lines will come good and prove vital come the end (I hope at least!)

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

If he and Easter comes good then I think we will win this league. If they struggle to adapt then it will be the dreaded play offs for us.

9. Chris-Gashead

Not sure Id fancy our chances in the playoffs

10. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Me neither :emoticon-0106-cryin

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Or me. We have a good chance facing FGR or Eastleigh and we havent beat either of these 2 in the 4 games that we played.

12. old timer

2 wins and a draw for the playoffs 6 wins for the title which I believe we will win especially if I stay away from the mem.

13. Chris-Gashead

Are you somewhat a jinx then Old Timer?

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yes. Yes he is!!

15. old timer

As I stated on another thread I have not seen rovers play well or win this season. I offered to stay away from the Eastleigh game and was told to attend.I also offered to stay away from the Mansfield game last season final match as I had not seen them win .Judge for yourself Chris_Gashead

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

old timer..... stay away <laugh>

17. Chris-Gashead

lol yes, please stay away!

18. old timer

I promise not to come to the Mem again until we have either secured promotion or if it comes down to the last game until next season when we are in league 2 however calling me a part time supporter will not be considered funny

19. old timer

Port Vale manager stating that Chris Lines might still have a future at the club and pointing out that he still has a year left on his contract. Does he still want him or is this a ploy to push up the transfer fee

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I think the 2nd. If he has a future even with a year left, he should be in his team or at least on the bench. If they were to loan him out, allowing him to go to a non league club shows he has no future. Just my opinion.