1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club restructuring.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

The new structure is very much in line with what Balls said earlier and IMO that's the right way to go. The new MD (Stone) will manage the financial side and the SD will manage the football side of things. That is a positive development, IMO, if someone like Moss comes in to work with the manager on recruitment as well as overseeing young player development and such. Expecting a CEO to do that was a weakness. IMO, the transition of power in the Board will happen gradually, taking an overview on both sides of the new structure without being involved with day to day issues. The key now, of course, is who will become SD and then who comes in as manager.

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

My point entirely
    If Moss does come in, then I'd have a bit more hope for our future.
    PLEASE - I don't want Hodgson to have anything to do with NCFC and I don't want Ricky Martin promoted any more either!!! <yikes>

5. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

MB's article sums up the candidates well. My first choice would be Moss, then Mitchell after that. IMO, Hodgson would be old school in his thinking and that's just what we should be moving away from. I'm feeling more positive now, but the appointments will tell us more.

6. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

What sort of control are you referring to? Surely as majority shareholders, who have put millions into the Club and are still owed internal debt in the Club and who would lose the lot if it goes tits up, they are entitled to have a fair say in what goes on and what is done.

7. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

RiverEndRick likes this.
  8. 1950canary

Surely there is a fair argument that mid to upper table in the Championship is where most Clubs, who are not big enough to survive long term in the Premiership but are too big to drop down to a lower league, belong. Unless of course you listen to the lies and false promises of a bad owner then you end up in Div 2 with Coventry and Portsmouth.

royalbarclayfan and canary-dave like this.
  9. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

So to tread water in the Chumpionship is fine for a club like ours?

Try asking Ipswich fans what they think, they've been doing it for 15 bloody years ! <doh>

P.S. "From small acorns, big oak trees grow" #thinkon

10. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

They said in that infamous Times interview that they despise the Premier League and all it stands for.
    Which presumably means they're not in a tearing hurry to get back there any time soon?
    Unlike 99% of the 22,000 S/T holders who want to see us compete with the best in the land.
    Also, as per this:

Means that the new guys wiill have precious little jurisdiction over board affairs, so the blinkered Stowmarket two can still run the club as they see fit.
    Wouldn't this restructuring have been a sensible time to get Tom more heavily involved with running things?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017

11. 1950canary

Clubs like ours can hope to spend time in the promised land but expect or demand that as a right? With Newcastle, Leeds, Wolves, Derby, Wednesday, Forest, Brighton, Villa etc etc in our league why should our expectation of promotion be higher than theirs?

royalbarclayfan and canary-dave like this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Well it clearly isn't any longer, as confirmed by the Times interview.
    If the owners don't want to be there, they ain't about to bust a gut in trying.

13. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

<laugh> like it or not Mr. Moderator, that´s where we are, and that´s where we´re likely to stay, get used to it, and by the way the players are the ones that have plodded there, not us. :grin:

canary-dave likes this.
  14. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

It isn't, it's the same

15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Fair comment 1950, but I feel that until the 'Stowmarket 2' as KIO calls them do relinquish some control, then there are certain managerial candidates who I'm sure would not consider applying for the vacancy at CR.
    Never mind, at least we should be able to exchange a minute's applause with our neighbours for the next few seasons!!?

KIO and Walsh.i.am like this.
  16. 1950canary

Exactly. Which is why every season 3 Clubs with the same or higher hopes than ours will go up and 9 Clubs with the same or higher hopes than ours will be disappointed.

17. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I don't get it, what's your point ? Are you suggesting that we shouldn't aspire to compete with the best because we're little ol' Norwich and we should know our place? Because that's the impression you give.

JM Fan and Walsh.i.am like this.
  18. 1950canary

Not at all. We should hope for promotion and the Club should do their best to achieve it but to expect it and demand reprisals if we fail is another matter.

19. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

We should expect at the very least to compete for promotion 1950 and should not accept complete and utter failure to do so <ok>

20. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator