1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club Statement on Ranieri

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Foxy in Foyle, Feb 7, 2017.

1. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

YAY! Hull City will be out of it!

2. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Great move by Leicester. There's some great managers out there, much much better than Ranieri, who'll save you this season and make you champions again next season!

Jesus! If ever an example of how fickle football is, your board just underlined the point.

The man made history with a small club and your board dumped him like he was Poyet, De Canio, Bruce or some other manager who'd never achieved anything last season.

Fergie was mediocre for Utd early doors and he made them a giant. Patience really was a virtue back them.

If ever there was a sad indictment of the state of the game in England this is it.

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

So we should be happy losing 3-0 every week, not getting out our own half and getting relegated without a fight is what you're saying?

4. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

You may be missing the point though. We will and have to pull together . Nobody is bigger than the club no matter what what has happened. Its gut wrenching but as you may agree survival is everything especially for smaller clubs like us and you etc. We won the league but we know it we ain't a massive club, nice nice man but thats now history. And thats what it is . History. Again back to the ****wits on the pitch. Be a bit more like the fighters we used to be.

5. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

No offense, but I hope that your owner chokes on his beer and doughnut on his next birthday...

FosseFilberto and PattyNchips2 like this.
  6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

No, you shouldn't be happy about it, but what's the point in sacking the manager now? If the problem is the players, then changing the manager isn't going to suddenly fix that. Some of your players are really dropping the ball, they need a bawler to come in and tear them a new arsehole.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. JohnTheFox

You've just contradicted yourself. You said we need a brawler, CR is anything but.
    The players are a discrace but we couldn't get rid of them all overnight. Don't get me wrong, I think they should be shipped out in the summer but we were going down under CR.
    people don't understand it is not just about the results but everything else that is rotten about the club.
    Basically people pay no attention to us them come and have their say to condem us without knowing **** all

8. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I have plenty of Leicester supporting friends from my time at uni, believe me, I know what you're going through. But by sacking the bloke who won you the title, you're basically admitting that it's more important to get that cheque than it is to show loyalty. As has been said, Fergie was under massive pressure in his first season but they stuck with him and he took them to great heights. CR took a group of players that had only just avoided relegation and turned them into a PL winning side, so what was stopping him from turning this team, his team, around? Now, somebody else has to come in, implement their own structures and training regimes, balance a few egos while simultaneously getting results on the pitch.

Newcastle stuck it out with Rafa, they look like they'll come back up and they'll probably go on to do well. I think you should have done the same, you need to get rid of the likes of Mahrez and Vardy and start over anew.

QPR999 and FosseFilberto like this.
  9. Burly Hurley

**** me mate you're talking to a Mackem!

We change managers more often than Madonna adopts kids, but it doesn't seem to be working does it. Not for us anyway.

Ranieri isn't to blame for your situation. It's the spineless players on the pitch who are suddenly struck with fear of making a mistake. That and selling Kante and not replacing him.

I mentioned about football being fickle. Those neutrals down my pub who wanted desperately for you guys to win last season, including me, now want you to go down. Including me again.
    Obviously, in our situation, alongside you down there, I'm biased aren't I.

10. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

shouldnt this have been done a month ago?
    talk about leaving it s bit late!
    youre in the ****!

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

...but we are not alone Patty ...and as the second half at Sevilla showed ..we are dangerous when roused...

Claudio was, if anything, too loyal to some of last seasons stalwarts...a bad day for us undoubtedly...but potentially worse for other clubs fighting relegation... (we hope) :)

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  12. Burly Hurley

Choking's a bit strong.

Maybe a lifetime of diarrhoea with plenty of thinking time on the loo?

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  13. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I appreciate that as an outsider I am not watching you week in and week out, so don't really know what has happened this season. But **** me - from the outside this is a disgusting decision. And there is no attempt to be patronising in there. I thought it was disgusting when my own club sacked Chris Houghton - and it was only the championship title he won us! The guy has won you a league title - something that most of you probably doubted would happen in your lifetime the way the game has become so driven by money. He has you in the knockout stages of the Champions League. And yes - he currently has you in a survival position in the Premier League. He deserved far more loyalty than this. To me, your performances this year haven't exposed Ranieri as **** - they have exposed how ****ing amazing what he did last season was.

I never laugh at another team's fans when they get relegated. It's a horrible feeling that I have experienced far too may times for my liking following Newcastle. I'll ****ing laugh at your owners though if you go down. There is no bad feeling aimed at your fanbase in that. At least nobody can ever take away last season from you - something I doubt I will ever experience with Newcastle.

Football is ****ed.

rajman, sb_73, QPR999 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Although something has obviously been wrong all season and been frustrating for us fans I'm still saddened that things have ended this way for the man that delivered us a dream we couldn't have possibly imagined. I also find the timing odd.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  15. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lol didn't realise so many supporters from other clubs cared for us so much. They are really upset bless em lol.

16. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I think a lot of supporters developed a soft spot for your club last season. It wasn't because of the fact that you won the title, rather it was the way that you went about it and the fact that you displayed qualities that gave a lot of us hope that there was more to football than the horrible win at all cost, money based attitude that has swallowed up the modern game. It's natural for those of us who did that to express disappointment when we realise that your owners don't reflect that hope we invested in them from outside - even if it was unfair of fans of other clubs to do that. Many fans of other clubs expressed a lot of goodwill to you last season, myself included. Goodwill is a fickle thing though, and even though you may understandably be more concerned with your own team's success than receiving plaudits from elsewhere, it is also understandable that the goodwill will disappear when something like this happens. Like I mentioned earlier though, that is directed at the club and not the fans.

17. JohnTheFox

I think people are missing the point as to quite how **** we've become. In no other industry would you keep you job doing such a bad one. Also you've missed that point that he's lost the dressing room so it's a toxic situation.
    Think what you want, I can understand fans of clubs around us wanting us to go down because it could be instead of their team, but those turning round and saying they want us to go down purely because of this are petulant and pathetic

trundles left foot likes this.
  18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Hell of a ride you fellas have had lately, Ranieri and his team did the impossible even as a neutral I enjoyed last season. No idea what has gone so badly wrong but if you are to stay up a change of manager was needed IMO we'll all see if it was the right decision quite soon.

leicester_ed likes this.
  19. LEICESTER FOSSE

LEICESTER FOSSE Active Member

This whole season has been **** apart from the Man City game.

I still don´t know how we won the premiership last season... & by 10 pts to boot. We did play some nice football at times & won games were all the stats were on our side but we really did ride our luck so so often.
    3 massive things we had last season was ´a will to win, a togetherness´ & the fact that so called `top teams`kept dropping pts. Non of which are happening this season. We also had, in a lot of game, very small amounts of possession & were lucky not to concede alot more goals.

Every thing has gone wrong this season right from the 1st game v Hull. Will we stay up ? Well we´ll need the player to give a **** about the situation/club they are in. They´ll need to realize that the fans will be around way, way after they have left & they need to look in the mirrow & say "do I realy want this (relegation) on my CV.

A new manager may come in a save us, a big ? about that mind, but those so called Leicester City player are the only ones that can keep Leicester City in the premiership. If that happens it´ll be big changes for next season or relegation will catch up with the football club...

20. LEICESTER FOSSE

LEICESTER FOSSE Active Member

Claudio Ranieri SACKED by Leicester - Roberto Mancini favourite to replace him