1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club Statement on Ranieri

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Foxy in Foyle, Feb 7, 2017.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I love Ranieri and thank him for everything he has done for my club.

All the press, radio and tv pundits have been saying for weeks how we are an embarrassment this season and something has to be done. The owners have done something to try and stop the rot and the club are now being chastised.

People outside of LCFC are now sticking their noses in to our business. How long did Ranieri have to turn things around? Do they think he should be unsackable? Last season was incredible and in today's football, should not have happened, but it did, WE won the league and nobody can take that away from us.

That was LAST season though and though I believe the fans of LCFC should be able to dine out on winning the Premier League, the players and manager shouldn't.

A few seasons a go, we were in a worse position than we are now and backed Pearson at the time. There's a big difference from then and now. Under Pearson, the fans walked away from the ground saying how "unlucky" we had been and how we had "given it a real go." This season, the fans walk away from the ground saying how "poor and passionless" we have been, with not even looking like we would get anything out of the game!

We are in freefall and something had to be done and the owners have made their decision to try and keep LCFC in the Premiership. Nobody could see where our next goal, let alone our next point was coming from. Hopefully a new direction from another managers perspective will see us survive the drop and stabilize the club.

What ever happens for the rest of the season, I know I will be there supporting MY team. Fans remain at a club for life, where players,managers,coaches,owners directors etc don't.

Thank you Claudio for the memories, good luck in what ever you do next, you will never be forgotten at Leicester City.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Jack Lesterfan, Lcfcfox1 and BucksFox like this.
  2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Once again spot on. You are right re the media, they just want to slate us regardless, it is their comeback for our cheek of winning the league.

Also re two seasons ago, we had hope then that we haven't had this time. This is what those sticking their nose in don't realise. Slating the owners is unacceptable as they have proven before they are loyal to managers and are very reluctant to pull the trigger for on the pitch matters

HarboroughFox likes this.
  3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

4. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Lots of people out there (particularly supporters of other teams) slating the players, and maybe rightly so in some (definitely not all) cases. But the owners can't start sacking players and picking the team. That leads down the road to complete chaos and undermines everyone in the management team. It is down to the manager to deal with the day to day performance of the players and he has to accept full responsibility for what happens on the pitch. That is what a manager is employed to do, and if he can't get the right results then he has to go, irrespective of whether it is down to the players.

I think the owners are genuinely sorry that it has come down to this, and I don't think they have taken the decision lightly. Their overriding desire seems to be to do what is best for the club and the fans for the future; to try and build on what happened last season and not let it go down the tubes. I'm sure there will be much singing for Claudio on Monday, but I hope there will be no anti-owner sentiments on display. Onwards together.

JohnTheFox and HarboroughFox like this.
  5. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

"Yesterday my dream died."

"After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League Champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the Club I love, for always.

"Sadly this was not to be.

"I wish to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never ending support during my time at Leicester.

"My thanks go to Paolo and Andrea who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To Steve Kutner and Franco Granello for bringing me the opportunity to become a Champion.

"Mostly I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever.

"Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football.

"My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the Club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved.

"But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too.

"No one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will.

"It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a Champion with all of you."

Claudio Ranieri

7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

8. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

The thing is, no matter who you are, if you lose the dressing room you have to go.

It's so sad but there really wasn't much choice by the sounds of it.

9. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Obviously not <laugh>

Massive fail considering you posted that about an hour before he got sacked!!! <ok>

10. BucksFox

During Final Score on BBC this afternoon there was an interview from earlier today with Kasper Schmeichel denying that there was any kind of player revolt that led to Ranieri being sacked. Fair enough, and it was good to hear him say it. But why did it come from him? Why didn't it come from our club captain? He should be the mouthpiece for the team. He needs to step up to the plate.

jambawamba likes this.

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

That was my view .... didn't for instance know about the players meeting with the owners, apparently more than once ..glad it's made your day ...now shouldn't you be getting back rimming the Spurs posters like you've been doing ever since our team won a title that your lot and theirs have never managed .. now that's a proper fail ... :)

12. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

There appears to have been a lifting of the players media ban and there is a full array of posts of gratitude and thanks on various platforms. Can't help cynically feel they've been handed these by the club media department because they certainly weren't playing like they loved him and realised how much they owed him.

13. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

I heard Muzzy Izzet on Talksport and think hit on the head
    He'd gone down to watch City and said things have got to change
    we can't change the players outside the transfer window so the only change that could change was the manager

I am sad to see him go but understand it. He will always be a Legend at the foxes

14. JohnTheFox

Exactly, all the idiotic haters saying things like sack the players. Yeah because we can do that at the end of Feb <doh> ****wits
    I feel really sad that he has gone (although I like many of our fans realise it was necessary) but all this hate being thrown towards the club is just making me think **** everyone apart from the fan and the owners who were put in an impossible position

15. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

My two pennies on the Ranieri debacle...

The season we are having this season, is the one everybody thought we would have had last season.
    It's just a year too late!

When he first came in, the best thing he did was to not change anything.
    That was our biggest fear then, that he could come in, and try to implement his style of play immediately.
    But he didn't.
    We kept very much the same team as from our great escape, and we kept things simple... We played 4-4-2, with the same players, week in, week out... It worked!

This season, we have seen the real Ranieri, "the tinkerman".
    This season, he has tried to change the way we play (which is what we all thought he would do last season)
    And it hasn't worked, it's backfired spectacularly.
    We won the league, playing the same 11 players, playing 4-4-2.
    This season, we are trying 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3-... Changing the formation and the team every week. Why? If it's not broke, don't fix it...
    Changes should have been gradual (if at all).
    I was nervous from the off, when I saw our lineup against Hull first game of the season. Why not start the same 11 players in the same formation that just won the Premier League? [With the exception of Kante, of course...]

Last night, we went back to basics... Same players that won the league, 4-4-2... And look what happened?

Ultimately, Ranieri paid the price for trying to change too much in a short space of time.
    Did the players ask for Ranieri to be sacked? I doubt it...
    When the owners met with the players to discuss the situation, would they have said that they don't like the changes in system, and that Ranieri refused to stick to what they knew? No doubt...
    Would that have had an impact on the owners decision? No doubt...

In any case, our situation is not all too unique... The last 4 Premier League winners have all been sacked the following season.
    It's amazing how quickly things can change, but it does... Dressing rooms can seemingly be lost in the blink of an eye...

As a side note, I have to say, I'm very impressed with Ndidi... I heard he made more tackles last night in a game than Kante ever managed last season <whistle>

nzfoxfan, Foxy in Foyle and BucksFox like this.
  16. JohnTheFox

This is exactly what I've been trying to tell anyone that has a go about Leicester to me! Spot on but most of that the media won't report

17. BucksFox

That Kante always was a lazy so and so!

18. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I was wrong. Your club made the right decision.

<sorry>

Jack Lesterfan and FosseFilberto like this.
  19. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Aside from it being the right decision, Shakey is doing a very very good job.

20. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

I was wrong also

Glad I was as good people support the foxes

Never met a bad leicester city fan in the real world

Met some great ones though