1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club v Country (Northern Ireland)

Discussion in 'Northern Ireland' started by devonFRATTONiser, Aug 30, 2011.

?

Club v Country - Which Scenario?

1. Scenario ONE

2. Scenario TWO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Here are two scenarios for you to vote on.

Clearly this is hypothetical, with neither one being a realistic prospect; I've just gone to each end of the spectrum to make the choices as clear as day.

Scenario 1
    The Club you support wins the League and Cup. Meanwhile, Northern Ireland make the Euro 2012 play-offs and draw England. England win [on penalties] and go on to win Euro 2012.

Scenario 2
    Northern Ireland meet England in the Euro play-offs. Northern Ireland win and are the surprise package at the tournament, reaching the semi finals, before bowing out, after extra time, to eventual winners, Germany. But, back in May, the club you support got relegated.

2. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

They are both ****ing nightmares. England winning the Euros or Northern Ireland doing well and Celtic getting relegated?

<whistle>

3. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

I'd possibly lean towards scenario 2, as I don't think in the real world that I'll ever see NI in a major tournament. Besides, I'm a Man United fan and if we did get relegated (heaven forbid) we would bounce back sooner rather than later, given the size of the club, support base etc.