1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Cocaine Galore.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

I know you wouldn't advocate drugs but as a society we need to make decisions based on facts. Alcohol is far more damaging than marijuana but one is illegal and one isn't and that's based on economy and not facts. There's a drug epidemic in America right now and that's based on opiate painkillers which are totally legal. Sugar is legal but too much of it is killing half of the people in first world society but because we're used to it, it's not even considered a drug even though it's highly addictive.

Off The Line and Polly13 like this.
  2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Medically speaking there are lots of uses for weed, there's some groundbreaking stuff being done with Parkinson's that's worth looking at. A positive effect due to alcohol? Birds look fitter? Builds confidence? Relaxes people? It depends on your personality I guess.

Des Head likes this.
  3. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

I know exactly how it works. Yes, it's a rush and euphoric, far more intense than anything produced by snorting cocaine. I'm aware of this because:

a) I've used cocaine, and:
    b) I've worked directly with hard drug users myself.

You're the one applying a blanket approach towards drugs. You seem to think that taking heroin and snorting cocaine are the same kind of thing. They're not. As I said, you need to mug up. If you really think that your mum being a social worker and your uncle being a copper gives you 'all the knowledge you need', then you really do need to talk to someone who understands drug use properly, rather than just the consequences of it. And how you think working in a morgue qualifies you, **** only knows...

4. Des Head

You got any Clarky Kat?

5. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

Do some research, you may be enlightened. Current legislation doesn't help anyone on either side of the debate.

Des Head and Polly13 like this.
  6. Polly13

Sterling - can I ask you how many people you know that have died from the abuse of alcohol and tobacco, and left behind a trail of heartbreak, as opposed to those who have left a similar trail because of their cocaine or heroin abuse?

7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

In some cannabis users it also starts psychosis and provides an introduction to drug use and experiments with other substances.

8. Steven Toast

Well I think there's got to be some level of personal accountability. It's no secret that too much sugar is bad for you, in the same way that people know eating fast food will make you gain weight, but people know this and as a society we decided that it's okay to eat this stuff provided you don't eat too much. You're free to consume whatever you want, but you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions. For some on here, that doesn't seem to have sunk in and life seems to be one big party where everybody is friends. The world that Lionel Hutz describes without lawyers.

9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Is it legal or not?

Simple question.

10. Steven Toast

Sums it up.

11. Des Head

It's cut with **** because it's illegal. If tea was illegal it would be cut with charcoal or something thus reducing the quality and making it dangerous. If legalising the tea made it safer and purer, instead of chasing the criminals we could use the money to help people who are addicted to tea instead of criminalising them.

Polly13 and Off The Line like this.
  12. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I hope it stays illegal too.

It's the actual drug use that causes mental health issues, not the **** it's cut with.

I don't drink tea either - vile substance.

13. Off The Line

LSD may be the greatest anti-depressant known to man.

14. Des Head

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

People with psychosis seek out cannabis as a way of handling symptoms. People don't seek out cannabis to gain symptoms.

Off The Line likes this.
  15. Steven Toast

Half my circle of friends do it and they have exactly the same attitude you do. And it's bollocks, frankly. Understanding consequence is the first thing you should do, why the hell would you do something without knowing the consequences? You're free to put into your body whatever you want, I certainly won't stop you.

Oh and the morgue? It's where the dead people go. Plenty of addicts in there, you really can see the effects during an autopsy. It's what I love about death, it doesn't discriminate.

But you aren't addicted, right? You just... like taking cocaine.

16. Off The Line

No, but it's also illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas day. Does that mean you wouldn't do it?

Polly13 likes this.
  17. Polly13

So half your friends don't have your personality or wit? I didn't think you wanted to be around such types? Make up your mind.

I understand the consequences; and yes, it's important that people do understand them. I'm just suggesting that you don't actually understand much about the reasons people take different drugs. Speaking of which, you seem to have a cavalier approach to tobacco and alcohol...

I'd suggest that the number of people who died and ended up in there because of smoking and drinking-related illnesses is far, far greater than the number who ended up in there because of 'drugs', as you put it.

Correct. Absolutely not. Had some last night. First time in a few weeks. I feel no compulsion to take any today. Have you had a cig?

18. Off The Line

Would you, or not?

Simple question.

Polly13 likes this.
  19. Polly13

Are you aware of the terrible toll that smoking and drinking takes on society?

20. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I think you'll find cannabis has been medically linked as a cause for Psychosis and Schizophrenia. A simple google search is all you'll need.