1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Colo set to stay?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

2. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

TBF I think he should be given a fair crack at keeping the armband. Not sure now is the time to rock the boat. if it's not working out then Steve can make the decision.

Salomon #9 likes this.
  3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

My issue is that he had a fair crack last year and went missing. You find out more about a person in the dark times and he just swanned around not looking bothered.
    Krul seemed to be more vocal with the defence than Colo at times.
    A grest servant and lovely bloke but it's an ideal opportunity to reshape things IMHO.

4. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Good news. We need him. He plays with a good CB you will see a better Colo.

5. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

That goes for any player in any position.

Colo should have been bringing the best out in others given he's our leader but he just hid and ducked tackles like a coward.

6. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

He has been playing with ****ing **** defenders for years! Saylor and Williamson. Two of the worst CB's to have ever disgraced the Premier League. Then we have heir to the Saylor/Williamson Throne Dummett, making constant mistakes and bad decisions. The reason why Colo is often out of position is because he has had to aid that useless bastard and that is the truth.

This use of the word 'Coward' as well. I don't like it. I notice no other player gets labelled with that here save Colo, a player who next to Woodgate is easily the best defender we have had in my lifetime supporting the club. You take any, and I mean any ****ing good defender from around the world and have them playing next those three bottom feeders for a few seasons and you will see their confidence and vitality drawn out of them.

MF SHAK and Salomon #9 like this.
  7. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

He's too slow, he's disinterested and he's a poor leader. If he stays then he has to be stripped of the captaincy IMHO and that would put him in a slightly embarrassing position, which draws me to the conclusion that it would be better for him to move on. It's just more a matter of if there is anyone to take him considering his high wages, age, etc. I've had the impression he's wanted to be back in Argentina for the last 2 seasons at least but is stuck here so I'm not sure he will sign a contract with another Premier League club longer than the year left he has at Newcastle. From his point of view it's probably just better to stay put and see out his current deal with us.

8. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

If he stays i think its the perfect time to re shape for the future...He has had more than a fair crack at the captains whip..and has been found wanting too many times in my eyes. I think he was given the armband through seniority rather than the ...qualities he brings..(I am sure that's a gross oversimplification of what he brings off field mind, but on the field he has been less than ...Captain Fantastic, more Corporal Jones at times)

Plus if Colo is a professional as every one makes out...He should act as an ...invisible captain anyways ...even if player X is the designated one.

His heart is no longer here ..to all intensive purposes ...So he can certainly do a job for us , compared to the chuckle brothers ...but if he went and was replaced by an equivalent high earning 'Purple' younger PL proven CB ...I would be more than happy with that scenario

9. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Colo has never been the same since he first went back to Argentina. His head and heart are there. He doesn't want to play for us any longer. I'd say that it's time to get rid along with Willo and Taylor. His wages however are the stumbling block for a transfer, so he'll stay until his contract ends. Bring another CB in and use him as a squad player. That is as good as he can hope these days. Captain? Not a chance. His attitude last season at times was completely unprofessional.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  10. Beardsley's Shimmy

Beardsley's Shimmy Well-Known Member

He was rubbish last year and didn't seem to want to try let alone lead.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He has been garbage and I'm bored of the "he has to play with such and such" excuse. It's bullshit. It doesn't make him play like a clown and just outright bottle it. It's just favouritism and not judging players honestly. I'd keep him as back up as the best of a bad bunch. The truth is none of the 3 are good enough, people need to stop kidding themselves about colo. somewhere in there is a good player but in all his time here he has only shown it in very small doses. Not because of others, because he hasn't had the cojones to play to his level of ability consistently. He goes down as a massive under achiever for me and I lost patience with him and Taylor ages ago. We need two centre backs or risk mbemba at centre back and get a proper left back. We have been saying this all bloody summer. Disappointed they are handicapping the new manager like they have previous ones. We refuse to learn.

12. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Club should have sold or simply released all three CB's. If they can't buy because they take up places, fcking sack them off. We play the safe hand, but it's a sh!t hand.

13. Heed

Heed well known cheat

They wont release them because of the pay-offs on the time remaining on contracts.
    Colocinni - £3.5m per annum
    Williamson - £1.8m per annum
    Taylor - £1.6m per annum

Its also why its difficult to sell them on, with other clubs being reluctant to pick up their salaries, as well as some sort of Transfer Fee on top.

14. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Sounds like Maclaren intends to keep Colo as captain.

15. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I sincerely doubt Willamson is on £35k/week.

16. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

I think the deal is that Wllo pays the club £35k per week, but only if he starts every game.
    Ashley seems ok with this arrangement as it saves the club money.

17. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

If you want some examples of players who just don't work under certain managerial set ups, look no further than our squad under Moyes. You can't tell me the champions turned to **** over night. Look at Carver for **** sake, the guy didn't have a clue what he was doing, he was your first team coach, then manager, the stuff he was coming out with in the media was embarrassing, imagine what he was telling your players.

I actually like Coloccini, I think he'll do well under Mac, but that other fella won't he's ****ing awful.

18. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Colocinni is very good at reading a game and has some of the best technical skills in the squad.

He has never been fast and is now getting quite slow. His body isn't up to 45 games a season. Also, and worryingly for a captain, when things are going absolutely **** you can see his spirit fails a bit.

Love to keep as third choice CB and will happily buy him a drink at any opportunity. No longer willing to let him shag my wife, mind.

Obi Wan and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  19. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

Howay man ..not even for old times sake?

Fickle toon fans <laugh>

Obi Wan and Delusional Full Stop like this.
  20. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't agree - I would still let him shag your wife Fredd.

Obi Wan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.