1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Coming and Going

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Matt Ingram signs new deal

NB Posted: Mon 11 Aug 2014

Author: @wwfcofficial
    image: http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/cms_images/player/away-4x3198-1197290_478x359.jpg

please log in to view this image

Wanderers have secured one of their most significant deals of the summer, agreeing a new contract with Matt Ingram to keep the goalkeeper at Adams Park until 2017.

This is what he said then

Hope he sticks to that. Looks like he has been valued at £50k along with loads of other keepers. Insult I reckon

2. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

If he goes then I hope we get more than 50k. You can't blame him if a premiership club comes in for him.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If he gets the commitment for a regular first team place. i doubt he would want to be on the bench virtually all season like our chap was.

4. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

He will command a fee a hell of a lot higher than a mere £50k, one of the most promising keepers outside the top flight and with two years left on his contract. Hell, if we can get near on £200k for Scowen who only moved up one division, then we should be looking at upwards of £500k plus clauses for Matt, anything less would be shambolic.

Having said that, if he does leave this summer (and I have heard nothing to suggest either way), I would suspect that him remaining at Adams Park on a year-long loan would be a part of any deal, so I would personally say that Matt has at least one more year in a Wycombe shirt, be that in a permanent or temporary role.

Ron likes this.
  5. Cardiff-Wycombe

Ron, I think there is a big difference between being on the bench fora league 1 team and being in a development squad of a premiership team. Look at the difference between Harris and ibe? Ibe a good decision, Harris has been limited and could maybe have waited another year or so.

6. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Signing alert on twitter, a young defender who played in League 1 last season and has played 75 games, no name yet which is annoying.

7. mowgli1960

What the f*ck? Anthony Stewart returns,he'll have a tough job getting the fans on his side after the way he left for Crewe.

8. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I dont really care what happened. I dont think he did too much wrong, just told the club he wasnt re-signing when his contract ran out after he had been courted by clubs higher up the leagues. Not really any different from what i can see than one of us taking a new job based on prospects / salary enhancement.
    All gets very emotional though in football as we are WWFC for life. For me, he was a good player and based on the fact that we are struggling to get bodies in the door and we know he can cut it at League 2 level, its a good signing
    I hope the "boo boys" dont get after him

9. Cardiff-Wycombe

I'm happy with this, I reckon he was badly advised and has wasted a year so hopefully will come back with a point to prove. We are looking strong at the back again.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

11. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It shows he is a big man to admit he was wrong to go and that Gaz is an even bigger man to let bygones be bygones and Crewe had to pay us 20K for his services so good news

12. mowgli1960

The better news is no Dean Morgan whispering in his ear giving him crap advice, if Morgan's that good how come he warmed the Woking bench last season?

13. Cardiff-Wycombe

Millwall have pulled out of talks with Mawson, still doubt we will get him but there is a ray of hope.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I read somewhere that Mawson refused a 2 year contract extension because he wanted a guarantee of first team football.

15. Cardiff-Wycombe

Which he is certain to get with us, fingers crossed.

16. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I'm quite happy with Stewart as a partner for Pierre, but we still need cover. Now Mawson and Pierre with Stewart as defensive cover would be pretty awesome.
    As GA has stated. We have missed out on a number of targets as we just don't have the budget to offer what many league 2 sides are offering. What we can offer is the likelihood of first team football and what GA's teams are becoming renowned for - great team spirit and camorardery (sp).
    My main concern at present is our lack of quality through centre midfield, with Sammy Wood probably being our best player at present

17. mowgli1960

According to The People Mawson has chosen Barnsley, most of their "football gossip" is made up anyway.

18. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

stewart is a good signing I think - he was very poorly advised last time and hopefully that's all there was to it. We need another defender as cover but we drastically need to strengthen central midfield - Bloomfield is good enough but injury prone, and im yet to really be convinced by either bean or kretch in that postion

19. Cardiff-Wycombe

Happy with signings so far, but agree with everyone else that midfield needs looking at. I would like at least 1 of the 2/3 we need to be permanent, I would not be happy if all the midfield was loan players for the whole season.

20. mowgli1960

Mawson trained with Barnsley today so that's put an end to the hopes of us Wycombe fans. :sad: