1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Comings and Goings January 2017

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Confirmation that Tanner and Garita are both staying to the end of the season.....so Tanner is still only a loanee ?

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Seems Karleigh Osborne is moving on to a Scottish club....no one sure at the moment which one....Adams has given him time to prove he is up to it...but he hasn't got himself into the first eleven.....so letting him go....permanent or on loan not sure ?

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Gone to Kilmarnock full time.......the Czech Jacub Sokolik obviously is his replacement.

I assume he can pass a medical....he certainly was unlucky here with injuries...and wasn't really up to speed anymore for Adams.....seemed to be a good asset in the dressing room....shame he didn't make it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Osborne going to Kilmarnock makes you wonder the quality of the Scottish Premiership.

Derek Adams has already said that there are Div 2 teams that could hold there own in that league.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Osbourne going has got to be the least shock of the year hasn't it. It seemed quite clear he was not going to figure unless it was absolutely no alternative despite being fit again. I heard quite good things about him so what went wrong god alone knows. Shame but that's life I suppose. I agree it doesn't say much about the Scottish set up.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not a movement in or out of Argyle but I still think of interest. I was looking at the write-up of the Barnsley v Leeds match today and they mentioned Conor Hourihane who scored. The interesting part was the comment that it could be his last appearance for Barnsley given there is strong rumour of interest from Aston Villa in this transfer window. I believe we have a sell on interest in him still so I really hope this is true and it's for several millions that he and Barnsley believe he's worth. I think I read somewhere we have a 20% stake in that which on top of the cup money would be fantastic. Geddon Villa you know you want him.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I think £1 million has been mentioned....so 20% would be £200,000.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'd take that. We sold him for £250k I think so it would be 20% of profit not the whole fee. £150k is ok for nothing much on our part.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I believe there's been a lot of interest but he's been holding out for Aston Villa. Hope it pays off for him.... and us,

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Rumour mill now upped the price and are talking in terms of £3m. Got the sold by us figure wrong and it was apparently £200k. So all things being equal, take off the number you first thought of, multiply by 2 and subtract a nought and if that is true we are looking at a bonus £560k. Chuck that on top of the cup money and we are going to seem very flush. Or in Brent speak we might have broken even............

Trouble is I don't want Argyle to splash out on any players for the rest of this term. I think the ones we have can see us over the line this time. One more loanee or perhaps two. Wide player for variation and another midfield type to back up Carey and Fox. Don't think we need more than that. I would rather we leave it for next season but I would like Brent to actually splash a bit of cash then. Not loads but some at least.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Championship teams Blackburn and Burton are showing interest in Sonny Bradley at the moment....having done well twice against Liverpool and then..... showing that he is a goal scoring central defender against Cheltenham....it had to make people take notice of him.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Will he go to them, as they will be in the same league as us next season....

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

No, No, No..........Just leave our bleddy squad alone. I would hope that they would all like to see the campaign out this time. Trouble is he has been MOM so many times this season that it's inevitable that others are going to be looking. We have funds. Spend some to bribe him to stay if we have to.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lot of excitement on pasoti at the moment regarding Craig Noone.... who might be the winger that Neil Warnock had been hinting about....he at present isn't in Cardiff's first team.....Warnock has been looking for a winger during this January window....will nothing happen until he finds his man ?

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been reading that as well Plym. When you think that we plucked him out of nowhere and he was such a novice when he started and then you look at where he ended up playing. Now you look at it as a possible and think ......Nah he won't come here. I would love to see it because I used to absolutely love him when he did play for us. He has learned a lot since then and has so much more class as a winger than Wylde will ever have. He delivers the ball and we have been missing that a bit. Think Noone and a 6' 7" target in the middle. But it does seem a bit far fetched doesn't it. I hope the rumour mill is right but I'm not going to hold my breath.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The Wigan Athletic website has said that 21 year old Jordon Flores (5ft 11in) is on the verge of joining Plymouth on loan.....the Wigan born midfielder has played twelve times for the first team and scored once.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well if both come off then that will be the midfielder and winger I said I wanted. As long as we don't lose anyone then that would be enough in my book to see us through.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The Jordon Flores shout seems to be gaining credibility. Anytime soon is the expectation now.

19. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Bradley is allegedly on a 1 year plus 1 year extension at the club's option (i.e. not a free agent until the end of NEXT season, so we may be OK there.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It won't help except somebody would have to pay a fee if they want him. You know Argyle, if somebody rattles a tin of coins they sit up and beg. Well they did anyway. I would just rather nobody bid anything and we just get on with it all.