1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Comings and Goings Summer 2016

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 20, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is going to sound a bit stupid given we are talking about football and a bit of loyalty. Having said that at the start I actually wonder if he isn't paid quite well enough for him and he thinks he owes us something. I think enough teams knew enough about him last season to have a proper look and I can't believe at least one of them weren't interested. That leaves a bit of loyalty and unfinished business. I also think he beleives in Adams which of course is going to help. Adams has built a team which is going to stand a reasonable chance this time. I don't think it's beyond the relms of posssibility that he and Adams had a chat about this season and he was persuaded it was worth another go.

On another note I have to mention Newport. Graham fecking Westley for christ sake. I thought we'd seen the last of him in this league or was hoping. I actually detest the bloke football wise. He has the distinction of being one of very few I could say that about. I have nothing against Newport but I do hope they go down now.

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I just read a story on the beeb site about Carl McHugh getting a nasty head injury. Apparently it happened on 6th August where he got a knock and developed delayed concusion. Never heard that one before but it can take an indeterminable time to go away again. I hope it doesn't turn out to be anything more serious than concusion. Best of luck Carl and get well soon,

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

It was ugly - there is a pic somewhere, a huge gash.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Louis Rooney has agreed to stay at Truro until January 2017.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well he isn't going to play here is he so he might as well.

6. notDistantGreen

Somebody asked about Carl McHugh and his injury. There's more info on the Herald website today but one of the pics isn't for the fainthearted.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I noticed a thread about this on pasoti where a few were doing the "he's a traitor" bit and no sympathy at all. Then I think they became aware of the true extent of his injury and the tone changed somewhat. Have to say I was quite upset at losing him when it was told he was signing. Also have to say we haven't missed him at all which I thought we would. Hope he recovers fully and soon. Always a worry when it's a head thing.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Looks a nasty Gash, he may not play again if the head injury is bad.. Shame and hope he gets to play and recover,,

9. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

All the best to Carl and I hope he is back playing soon.

The fact is that although some would say that the SPL is no better than League One it is still a good league and many players from there have gone on to play in the Premier League & Championship.

The manner of his departure will still be a hot topic for a while but frankly from what I have seen Fox, Smith, Songo'o and Ijaha look like they could be more than capable replacements.

10. notDistantGreen

Derek Adams has Greg Wylde on his list of possible targets for the January transfer window. Wylde has not made the first team at Millwall and expected to go out on loan to some lucky club.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't want him here thanks. You all know I never rated him much and it doesn't look as if Millwall do either. I don't see what he brings to the table to be honest. He does all the pace things and then little else when he gets where he is going.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

He is a poor Aaron Lennon

13. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I saw him score a great volley against AFC Wimbledon at the start of last season....other than that generally no end result....how can an out and out winger not be able to cross a ball....if he comes back only hire him until the end of the season...let him prove that he is worth longer.

14. notDistantGreen

Pace is its own weapon. At worst, it draws free kicks, it stops the opposition defence pushing up and the fans like it. If we are going to struggle for results for a bit, that last factor isn't to be underestimated.

Pace is something we're lacking all over the pitch at present.

I agree he's no David Beckham (or Graham Carey) in terms of pin point delivery. On the other hand, I've seen him get good balls across the box only to run out for throw-ins on the far side because strikers didn't get forward quickly enough. He's the type of player who'll come on when you need a goal in the last 20 minutes and therefore your other attackers have to bust blood vessels getting to the penalty spot and far post ahead of their markers. That way, goals will come.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's not just his lack of crossing ability. Laws of averages says he is bound to get some decent crosses in at sometime. He doesn't do it often enough for me. The other problem is the man doesn't challenge anyone for anything. He backs off challenges quite often so his helping out the defence is non existent. If all he had to do was run in a forward direction then great, sign him on tomorrow, but you have to do more than that and he doesn't for me.