Transfer Rumours Comings and Goings Summer 2017

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Apr 20, 2017 at 5:23 PM.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Active Member

It's probably too soon to start rumouring, particularly about any departures.

However, starting with good news only, according to the Herald, Graham Carey has said:

"At the minute I see my future here. But that's not up to me really. It's up to the manager and the board."

Derek Adams was asked if he wanted to keep Carey and replied "There is no doubt about that. Graham has been very good in League Two for us and I believe he can be good in League One as well."

However, he had to go and spoil it by adding "It's difficult because we have got to live within our means. That's what this football club has tried to achieve after going into administration. There has (sic) been previous boards and managers that have wasted a lot of money and we can't get ourselves into that situation again. So we will live within our means and that's what we will strive to do."

Five quid more each on season tickets anyone?

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Prices have been published notdistant. I think the early bird prices are the same.

3. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Dont believe everything/anything you read in the herald!

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've read that Bristol City are showing interest in Graham Carey.

Also talk in Scotland that Derek Adams is interested in Jayden Stockley 23 years old, 6ft 3in striker at present on loan from Bournemouth at Aberdeen.....been at Bournemouth all his playing life....but always been out on loan.

Clubs he has been lent to include....Accrington, Leyton O, Torquay, Cambridge, Luton, Portsmouth & Exeter where he scored roughly 10 goals in something like 20 games in 2016.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 9:14 AM
  5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The problem with match videos is that all and sundry can watch them......the reason I say that is.....Argyle's third goal.....I've watched it quite a few times.....Carey kept jinking around trying to work an angle for his left foot....the defence was good, the goalie wasn't really out of position.....and when the moment came the smallest of gaps between the defender and the keepers left hand post appeared....and the ball was in the back of the net.

I think that might of impressed a few Clubs, unfortunately.....loyalty to Adams can be stretch with a good enough offer for Carey to weaken his resolve and be gone....lets hope we can offer him enough to stay......maybe other clubs might not give him the freedom that Adams allows him to have.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've come to the conclusion that whoever they are and however much we want them to stay it will make no difference to the outcome whatsoever. So, if he signs on then great and if not we move on. Argyle will not come to an end whether he goes or stays.