1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Comparison of 15/16 with 16/17

Discussion in 'Watford' started by NZHorn, Sep 21, 2016.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Good enough for our second season in the prem..with a new manager and still forming a squad..plus some bad injuries... Still think our style of play can be very limited after we go ahead.. We need to score more goals

andytoprankin likes this.
  2. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

We haven't beaten anyone by more than 2 clear goals this season.

3. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

We can beat anyone by the odd goal or get turned over by the top 6 . This season with a full squad we fear no one ,This is my 50th year as a WFC fan and i can only think of 3 or 4 seasons that i could have said that.

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  4. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Sorry about the delay in service. Casual internet fees are high in the islands (about 5GBP an hour) and, anyway, I had better things to do!

5. Jennings60s

Jennings60s Active Member

Building a strong home record and building a strong defence are two of the most important ways a club can expect to do well. Both of these we have progressed this season. Making sure you do not fear away games and becoming more adventurous and exciting and better to watch are probably the next targets -I hope we can do that next year without losing the essentials

6. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Last one.
    Interestingly this season we are as many points, six, from relegation as we are from 8th place. Last season we were eight points from relegation and eight points from 9th place.

7. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

What a relief to read sensible considered posts, after the appalling offensive rants that fill the Wobby week after week. Interesting that although we ended up 17tg, we were that close to top 10-ok so we're 7 other clubs!
    Yesterday must have been horrible for Mason & Eleftheriou- hope they come back stronger.
    It seems to me that the sacking of the medical team was the 1big mistake of this season. If WM was right that injuries ruined his plans, then the medical issues made a big difference. Given sensible recruitment this summer, we can surprise everyone(again) next season.
    COYH

kchorn likes this.
  8. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Agreed on all you said Bodbo. I just hope the new guy understands and learns from this season and has time to draw good conclusions. As opposed to: I'm in and we do it my way. That's the good thing about Slotty. He has been here (England) 5 months and has used his time observing the Prem. and learning English. Hopefully if he takes the job it will be quickly to give him time to strengthen and get the machine tuned.

I guess Silva has seen it close up as well but probably a bit too occupied with Hull to bother very much with us.

The odd thing with the medics is we as a club have over a hundred years of experience. How could we get that wrong? Are we now a club who doesn't care for the staff??? Beyond me that one.

ps: we should thank the Wobbly. If they occupy the idiots it means they don't come here :emoticon-0100-smile

brian_66_usa likes this.
  9. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Love the ps! It's an ill wind. Blah blah blah.

10. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Last season we did ok injury wise.

Did WM make them do too much hence the muscle injuries?

We seem to have players out for a long time too with fairly minor injuries ..

Was there an issue with a lack of communication?

11. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

We need to be careful here. GT said “You don’t get cramp at this club.” Maybe WM misunderstood what he meant <laugh>

12. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Pidgin Italian? The players were saying "Crappy coach" - and he thought they were saying "Crampi coach"?

Markthehorn likes this.