1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Confirmed: Jack Cork joins Swansea City

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Jan 29, 2015.

1. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

So TSS, is he really pro-Saints or was this just because his son played here?

2. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

Well there is something to scratch my head about and that is why we left it so late to offer a new deal. He may well have chosen to leave in order to get more football but I bet he'd have signed a new deal if it had been offered when we were signing the rest of our squad to longer contracts. That delay must have played some part in his decision I should imagine.

3. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

Hmm... why leave it a long time to offer a deal to a guy who looks like being well down the pecking order and may only serve to hold up the progress of one of your most promising prospects? Why? I need to think about this...

4. fatletiss

Well we won't know now, and even then it is clear that Koeman wanted to wait and have a look at him; nothing wrong with that. I still don't see the head scratching part really HB, other than him being a favourite of yours (mine and others too).

It is his decision now.

5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Must remember that it isn't only down to Koeman. I wouldn't think he would have been sold if Ron insisted he wasn't, but from a financial point of view better to sell him now. Just have to hope we can buy someone before the window closes.

6. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

He appears to have a soft spot for every club he or his son has played for. Here's are some recent twitter examples in no particular order:

"Another good day at the office , spent an afternoon with Denis Rofe ,how far can this saints team go amazing"

"Just on my way back from west ham game, might need a drink after watching this one. Still the saints go marching on."

"Judging by the managers comments a young team out tomorrow, sometimes they do really well, let's hope so."

"Off to Spurs, then hitting the sports bar at Victoria to watch saints."

"Busy weekend ahead, Saints U18's on sat morning, 1st team in the afternoon, Sun Brighton, Mon Brighton U2, should be good fun."

and the latest

"I have to say good luck to the saints, jack loved it there, lets hope the season carries on for you, and Jack plays lots of games."

Does that lot read like a bloke who is a twerp and doesn't give a toss..?

https://twitter.com/alancorky

Lff likes this.
  7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Suppose his issue was with the board, rather than Saints.

8. fatletiss

TSS, I didn't day those things, I just questioned if he is really pro Saints or a proud father who follows whoever his son plays for.

But for the flip side, I'm sure someone could post messages/tweets that were the exact reverse and sound a little twerpish. So which ones are the real Alan Cork eh? We don't know.

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Both, even twats can say nice things sometimes.

10. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Thing is, people are too quick to judge. And it seems to be an automatic response to see the worst in people, rather than be open minded.

11. fatletiss

Probably that and most people take a defensive stance when something they love is criticised or attacked. Human nature and how most wars start.

12. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can say he'd have signed a deal had it been offered earlier, as the reason he left was to get first team football (going by all the available information), not for a preferable contract etc, and BIG respect to him for that.

It really reminds me of the Billy Sharp thing - rather an adverse reaction here to something of really not much consequence.

Lff and fatletiss like this.
  13. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

You could switch that around as well tho. You may think some one is a nice person as he/she puts on a act. But then shows their true colours and is really a complete arsehole whenever they feel like it.