1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Copa America

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Peruvian Hoopster, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Peruvian Hoopster

Peruvian Hoopster Active Member

Well Watford you were right, after Peru beat Venezuela last night 1 0, all 4 teams are on 3pts after 2 games with equal goal difference. Brazil and Peru have each scored 2 goals and Colombia and Venezuela 1. So if we can sneak a draw against Colombia on Sunday we should be through to the quarters!!!!

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I guess a lot hinges on tonight's game. If Ecuador can sneak a win (unlikely) then third place in that group will definitely qualify.

Would be utterly hilarious if Brazil finished last in the group or even third.

3. Peruvian Hoopster

Peru through to quarters of Copa America after drawing 0 0 with Colombia! get in! Probably against Bolivia. Arriba Peruuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

4. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

Enhorabuena tío!

5. Peruvian Hoopster

Así es Madrid, así es!!!

6. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Isla scores the winner to send out the holders.

Perhaps we signed his untalented twin brother....and not Mauricio Isla

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

They're not.........the coaches are!!
    The inability to utilise two good, Chilean Internationals was an absolute ****ing disgrace!

9. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

And why is there no mention of QPR in the BBC report? I would say that more often than not they write something like, "Isla, the former QPR loanee now at Juventus", but no. No mention at all. I find it irritating.

As to why they (Isla and Vargas) underperformed at QPR there was some slight evidence from the last Palace game that Vargas, at least, was not perhaps the perfect professional and may even have been a slightly dodgy smelling egg if not even a bad one.

Water under the bridge now. Lessons appear to have been learnt - maybe! (until we sign five 'has beens' average age 33 on last day of window!!)

10. rajman

rajman Active Member

Watched every game of Copa America so far , and Vargas and Isla have played really well. I noticed that Isla pushes up a lot and really sticks to the half way line and has been really impresive going forward. Hence why QPR got him as the plan was to play 3 at the back wasn't it ?

Shame it didn't work out for these boys at QPR, they are talented there's no doubt about that, just weren't played enough is a system that worked best for them.

Still, this Copa has been really good, some decent players on show.

11. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Could never understand why we didn't play them together as a pair more often. Vargas' late goal against Liverpool to tie up the match 2-2 as a sub late on was eye opening, but of course in typical R's fashion we managed to screw that up with the 90 + 5 mins Caulker OG, on top of Dunne's earlier OG to lose 2-3.

What a great goal that he setup, then executed.

I really thought that pair, playing off one another, were going to light us on fire.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2014-2015/epl.html/qpr-vs-liverpool

12. Bwood_Ranger

I've liked it from what I've seen so far.

Only thing that lets it down is the format. Too few teams when a combined Americas competition would be far better (with a full strength Mexico) but that won't happen any time soon.

Cheering for Peru tonight but Chile's incredibly easy path to the final seems secure.

13. rajman

rajman Active Member

It's had this format for years I've been watching and following it since 1989. They invited MEXICO and USA and a few others in the past to make up 12 teams.
    Format is ok, I like it that in the KO stages the game is 90 mins then penalties. Been a bit surprisedthat Colombia haven't really taken the tmt by the scruff of the neck as they came with a decent team. Think Chile v Argentina in the final.

Mexico didn't bring thier full team as they are playing in the GOLD CUP in July, thats on BT Sport I think. I also think that's why USA didn't want to play in it.
    Me too cheering for PERU tonight.

They are planning a centenary tournament next year to celebrate the 100 years of the competition ,its due to be played in USA the first time a tmt has been played out side of South America. It will involve 16 teams; the 10 south American Nations and USA , MEXICO, COSTA RICA , JAMAICA with the other 2 slots going to teams that finish in the top 4 of the 2015 GOLD if they have not already qualified.

14. Bwood_Ranger

It is partly because of the Gold Cup but Mexico aren't really allowed to win it. Politically it would be a bit of a disaster. The 16 team format next time will be interesting to see with it being in the US if they have a proper go at it.

Next year's is a really unnecessary tournament and belittles this one a bit. I read that Neymar hasn't had a Summer off since he got into the Brazil team.

rajman likes this.
  15. rajman

rajman Active Member

Next

Yep the bloke has been playing non stop since, still he'll have a nice little break now he's suspended. Was trying to get out there to maybe watch a couple of games but can't get the time off work

16. Peruvian Hoopster

2 0 up against Bolivia, half an hr played, get in!!!!!

17. Peruvian Hoopster

3 1 final score, Guerrero hat-trick! Bring on Chile in the semis on Monday!!! Arriba Peruuuuuuu!!!!!

18. Peruvian Hoopster

So because tonight's game didn't feature Chile, Argentina or Brazil, no reporting of it on the beeb! I could have done the live txt update for them!!!

19. Bwood_Ranger

Of course not. The others are only there to make up the numbers. Let's hear about what Neymar's morning **** looks like rather than being able to name three players from Peru or Paraguay.

Couldn't stay up for it but sounds like a comfortable win. Best of luck with the semi.

20. Peruvian Hoopster

Cheers Watford, yes we could have won by a wider margin